+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OtterBox Announces New Waterproof Case for iPhone 5s With Support for New Touch ID

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Admittedly, it did come across our minds exactly how waterproof cases would be possible with the iPhone 5s. Being that the Touch ID sensor works best when it can come
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Otterbox Announces New Waterproof Case for iPhone 5s With Support for New Touch ID

Admittedly, it did come across our minds exactly how waterproof cases would be possible with the iPhone 5s. Being that the Touch ID sensor works best when it can come in direct contact with your finger without anything in between, it had us scratching our heads.

But of course, we can leave it to OtterBox to have a solution. On Tuesday, the company announced an all-new OtterBox Preserver series case for the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, and iPhone 5c. The iPhone 5s version will still let the user take advantage of the Touch ID sensor even while keeping the iPhone protected from water when submerged for as long as 30 minutes, and as deep as 6.6 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by OtterBox
    The two-piece case snaps together for easy installation. It boasts a solid plastic frame lined with device-cradling foam and overmolded bumpers to absorb and deflect shock away from the device inside. The built-in screen protector guards the vibrant display from scratches without inhibiting touch sensitivity.
    The OtterBox Preserver series case can also protect the iPhone from drops as high as 6.6 feet, and keep dust from entering the cavities of the iPhone.

The iPhone 5S and iPhone 5c versions of the case will be available soon from the company’s Web site for $89.95. It’s a little pricey, but if you’re near those hazardous environments where water, dust, or drops may spell out the end for your iPhone, then the case may be an affordable step of protection to keep your multi-hundred dollar investment safe.

Notably, OtterBox also unveiled the OtterBox Commuter Series Wallet case for the iPhone 5/5s earlier this month.

Sources: OtterBox via MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-15-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks

If i worked construction or in the Navy I get it. If my hobbies included sailing, jet ski's etc. My everyday life does not call for a water proof case thankfully. Why cover up a sexy phone like that anyway?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

novadam (10-15-2013)

Thanks

Sweet. Hopefully incipio will have an updated atlas w/ glass screen cover similar. Atlas is the way to go with waterproof cases!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Same as the rest

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Wonder if it will have a belt clip available for purchase. I had a lifeproof case but went back to my otterbox defender.

Thanks

Because girls always drop their **** and break it. I've given my gf 3 of my old iPhones (3GS, 4, 4S) all shattered screens now withing 6 months. I've only shattered one screen back when I had my iPhone 1.

Thanks

There goes my Gold phone, can't see if anymore, just kidding, I don't ever use a case, according to SJ, it just sh!t.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Wonder if it will have a belt clip available for purchase. I had a lifeproof case but went back to my otterbox defender.
    Lifeproof and Outterbox have merged together. So I imagined they put both their designs together to make this case

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastnjman View Post
    Lifeproof and Outterbox have merged together. So I imagined they put both their designs together to make this case
    I checked it out and it doesn't appear to be a belt clip available.