Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Maps for iOS Updated With Faster Navigation, Tips and Tricks, and More

Default Google Maps for iOS Updated With Faster Navigation, Tips and Tricks, and More

On Tuesday, Google released an update for the highly popular Google Maps application for iOS in the App Store. The latest version of the application is now version 2.3.4.

In the update, Google has improved the application with faster access to navigation, making it easier than ever to get directions somewhere and get going. Google notes that the navigation comes complete with an overview of both the route and current traffic conditions.

Google has also added a new tips and tricks feature to the application, accessible from the side menu. These helpful tidbits of information will help get you acquainted with the functions of the application so you can use it more efficiently.

Finally, Google added a number of bug fixes to the application to keep it running as efficiently and reliably as possible, and added support for a couple of new languages, including Arabic and Hebrew. These languages are also supported in the voice navigation.

Existing users of the Google Maps application will find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Google Maps for free from the App Store via this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

Thanks

I haven't used it in sometime now...may revisit this one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a guy, I never need to ask for directions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

zrevai (10-15-2013)

If google maps for iOS has "improved" the same way as google maps for android --> AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Thank GOD for google maps!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I was so happy to see this arrive in iOS yet almost exclusively use the native maps app for directions. I still use google for finding places though.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    If google maps for iOS has "improved" the same way as google maps for android --> AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!
    you are 100% correct. the worse thing Google has done to Google maps for Android is strip it of its most beloved features and gave us the same dumbed down version they gave iOS users.

I dont understand why they would invest so much time and effort to develop maps and bring new features to it just to strip them away.

At least we are able to downgrade or uninstall the updates and get the old maps back--I absolutely hate the newer version.

- peg man!! how could you beat peg man for street view, its the best ever.

- highlighted and outlined zip code, neighborhood, city search results !! this with peg man are the reasons I hate the new maps.

- terrain view, Grand Canyon, Underwater and other views were nice but I could live without.

- labs !! the measure tool was invaluable. plus you could make your own.

Still not update, at Home visual still from 2006 when move new home, after that there are a lots of changes👎
    Last edited by BennyPR; 10-16-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Google Maps is my default - so much better than Apples pathetic excuse.
    Normally Apple only release things when they re better than the competition but hey sure dropped the ball with maps!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Google Maps is my default - so much better than Apples pathetic excuse.
    Normally Apple only release things when they re better than the competition but hey sure dropped the ball with maps!
    I too was using Google Maps over the Apple maps. I did see improvement in the Apple Maps in my area since it was released though so it will just take some time.

Funny, the whole reason Apple ditched Google maps as a native app was because Google would not provide turn by turn technology unless they could have a "google" banner appear when the app was loading, which Apple threw a hissy fit over and refused and we got their crappy maps instead. LOL