+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5s is Reportedly Out-selling Apple's iPhone 5c Two Units to One

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just last week, it was revealed that Apple cut the production of their iPhone 5c handset in half, from 300,000 units daily, down to 150,000 units daily, due to the
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default Apple's iPhone 5s is Reportedly Out-selling Apple's iPhone 5c Two Units to One

Just last week, it was revealed that Apple cut the production of their iPhone 5c handset in half, from 300,000 units daily, down to 150,000 units daily, due to the dismal sales of the device. Apple’s iPhone 5s is very popular among consumers; it's moderately hard to find due to the high demand and low supply. On the other hand, many stores have a plentiful number of iPhone 5c units in stock.

While we know that the iPhone 5s is clearly the more popular handset, you may be asking yourself, “how much more popular is it?” Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP for short) shares that the iPhone 5s is out-selling the iPhone 5c by more than two-to-one. The iPhone 5s comprised of 64% of Apple’s smartphone sales at the end of September, while the iPhone 5c only comprised of 27% of Apple’s smartphone sales. The remaining 9% of Apple's smartphone sales can be attributed to the iPhone 4s.

These numbers very closely mirror the sale numbers of the iPhone 5 when compared to the iPhone 4s and iPhone 4 in the month of October last year, as you can see from CIRP's statistics above.

It’s not very surprising that the iPhone 5s out-sold the iPhone 5c being that the iPhone 5c is more or less just the iPhone 5 with a plastic shell. Consumers take note of the quality of the industrial design of the iPhone 5s, as well as all of the new features, like Touch ID, the improved Camera, and the 64-bit A7 chip.

Sources: CIRP via AllThingsD

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

This reason being that the iPhone 5C is a piece of s***. Everyone in their right mind knows this. If they want a 5 they'll buy it online or get a 5S. Not that plastic piece of trash 5C.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The 5c was a really dumb idea. I'm sure Cook already spoke these words. The only way this would really fly is if the handset were priced at 99.00 across the board offered in 16gb only, with contract. This is going to happen anyway as the surplus of new shelved phones will be abundant. Too bad they didn't capitalize on this approach which would have made Apple seem like they were Contributing to the hardships of the economy with today's society, Rather than yet another marketing scheme to **** on the little guy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    The 5c was a really dumb idea. I'm sure Cook already spoke these words. The only way this would really fly is if the handset were priced at 99.00 across the board offered in 16gb only, with contract. This is going to happen anyway as the surplus of new shelved phones will be abundant. Too bad they didn't capitalize on this approach which would have made Apple seem like they were Contributing to the hardships of the economy with today's society, Rather than yet another marketing scheme to **** on the little guy.
    I think you meant to say off contract/unlocked with a slightly higher price point than you quoted.

Thanks

I actually know someone who "upgraded" from a i5 to a 5c. Yes he really is that stupid. I didn't even bothering saying anything to him about it, he seems happy enough.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

The 5c is a great phone. I have the 5s and am glad I do, but I used my father in laws 5c and I thought I was sweet. If it wasn't for the big 3 of the 5s I'd be getting the 5c. Smart move on apple part. It wasn't made to sell out like the 5s. It was made for the people that just say "I got an upgrade available, I think I'll get an Iphone. The colors are cool!"

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I would love to own the 5c just for fun and the colors however my 5s gold is on its way as I write this.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple should have kept the i5 16gb alive and priced it at $99.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm actually laughing at Apple. Good for them.
    That was a dumb idea in my opinion.

The 5c is a crap phone? Umm okay buddy. It's the 5 with a better battery and besides the plastic, it is far from a crap phone!
    No I will not be getting one nor a 5s. My 5 works just fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Yes sir.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I don't think they could do that. The materials in the 5 make it too expensive to offer at that price, that's why they made the 5C.

Thanks

Feel like a 5c is a replacement device if your contracted device is stolen-lost-broken. Two years under contract is a long time before you can replace, and some refuse to pay insurance.

A replacement device needs to be reasonable price.

Thanks

Only reason why the 5C is being outsold is due to the price. It should NOT be $549 for last years model. It should be $99-$199 tops. They would have sold like hot cakes and broke records. You removed the 5 in favor of keeping the 4S(with the old connector and all) cause its cheaper to make the 4S? I don't see how with all the glass and metal. Im thinking the price of the 5C will drop soon..like December :]

Thanks

Why can you not buy an iphone5? Not like the stock went up in smoke. Where would you find one?