Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple iPhone 5S Users Experience iWork Bug Which Causes a Blue Screen

Thanks

Default Apple iPhone 5S Users Experience iWork Bug Which Causes a Blue Screen

Some iPhone 5S users are complaining about getting a Windows-like “blue screen of death” on the Apple Support boards. It seems that the problem arises when using one of Apple’s iWork apps such as Pages, Numbers, or Keynote. The reports say the problem happens when the Home button gets a double tap to exit an iWork app. The result, in some cases is a blue screen which then leads to the iPhone being rebooted.

There appear to be some sample videos of the bug although not every user seems to be able to duplicate the problem with their iWork apps. It is clear that some users are experiencing the frustrating bug, although it hasn’t been made clear what exactly is causing it. Those of you interested in watching the video can do so below:

Much like any software release, iOS 7 hasn’t been trouble-free. Apple is already working on a nasty iMessage bug that prevents texts using the Apple servers from being delivered. It’s likely that iOS 7 will see an update with several bug fixes in the near future. Until then, if you are experiencing the bug, you’ll end up with some Windows nostalgia on your iOS device.

Have any of you experienced the bug?

Source: Apple via MacWorld

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I've had this happen only when trying to email a document in PDF form from Pages so far...

It's a kernel panic, and old news. there's a workaround to prevent it from happening but I forgot what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    It's a kernel panic, and old news. there's a workaround to prevent it from happening but I forgot what it was.
    So helpful to mention a workaround but not state the actual workaround or even a link to it…

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Not surprised...iOS7 is shocking...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

It does it to me when I try to print stuff in pages. Hope they fix it soon

I read you need to turn off iCloud for iWork as a temp fix.

Yep, I just tried it. It gives me blue screen.

Blue screen of death.

It's a bill gates virus

BSOD! Blue Screen of Death...Hello windows!

Quote Originally Posted by zrevai View Post
    So helpful to mention a workaround but not state the actual workaround or even a link to it…
    Well maybe someone else who knew what I was talking about it would be able to link it? Even if no one does, it'll at least prevent people here from panicking about it.