+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Tops Samsung, Intel on Mobile Processor Profits

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
According to published reports on Friday, Apple is once again enjoying the financial rewards of its iDevice empire, this time in terms of its prowess behind mobile processors. In the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Tops Samsung, Intel on Mobile Processor Profits

According to published reports on Friday, Apple is once again enjoying the financial rewards of its iDevice empire, this time in terms of its prowess behind mobile processors.

In the last few years, Apple has emerged as one of the world's biggest makers of processors for mobile devices based on their revenue across the global landscape.

New data from Strategy Analytics indicates that Apple's A-series processors helped the iPhone/iPad maker secure 15 percent of smartphone processor revenues and 34 percent of tablet processor revenues in Q2 of this year.

Apple, however, is just one of many big winners in the thriving market for smartphone processors.

According to Strategy Analytics' senior analyst Sravan Kundojjala, "Qualcomm's LTE and LTE-Advanced basebands gained strong traction and propelled its share to a record 63 percent in the cellular baseband market in Q2 2013. LTE basebands accounted for over 40 percent of Qualcomm's total baseband shipments in Q2 2013 and we expect Qualcomm to improve its LTE baseband mix as a percentage of its total baseband shipments further."

Sources: Strategy Analytics, Apple Insider

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not surprised given the extortionate cost of their phones ant tablets.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a wholly worthless figure since they don't sell or license their processor to anyone, so Apple doesn't make any profit directly on the processor. Rather they spend money on the processor then reap profit on the sale of a complete device, packed with a plethora of chips from many different companies. Qualcomm, on the other hand, spends X dollars on design, Y dollars on manufacturing, and makes Z dollars per processor on each sale. Those figures you can actually track, but not Apple's.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 832 Posts

not sure how it tops samsung when they make it

Apple has emerged as one of the world's biggest makers of processors for mobile devices
    this is an error, it should read:

Apple has emerged as one of the world's biggest designers of processors for iPhone/iPad
    Last edited by dsg; 10-11-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Did you really expect them not to with the stupidly overpriced pieces of iCrap they sell.
    I wont pay half price for their iDevices anymore as the competition is already half the price and twice as better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple does not make processors. What a misleading article.