+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Cut iPhone 5C Production in Half Due to Dismal Sales

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH I put a brand new battery in my 4S. It was a 2680 mAh battery from ebay. While it was definitely better than my old stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,116 Times in 6,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    I put a brand new battery in my 4S. It was a 2680 mAh battery from ebay. While it was definitely better than my old stock one, the s4 battery is much better. My brother in law had an iPhone 5 and the battery life was terrible on that. Worse than my 4S. Can't say for the 5S so I'll have to take your word for it.
    The 4S had pretty bad battery life. The iPhone 4 had really good battery life though so not sure what Apple changed between them. I would bet an i4 can outlast a S4 no problem, not really a far comparison again though.

When I had an i5 the battery was pretty much on par with my S4, I had both at the same time and used them very similarly. My 5S has been a definite improvement over both.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,875 Times in 4,447 Posts

I'm surprised that you had better experience with the 5 over the S4. My brother in law had terrible battery life on his iphone 5. He too switched to the S 4 and says the battery life is better in his experience. I thought you were just spouting off so I apologize for doubting that you had experience with the S4. I always have 3 email accounts pushed to my phones so that is the same. I've never heard that the 4S had the worst battery life. I didn't find it any worse than my 3GS which I had prior to my 4S.
    Just Google battery life and 4S and you'll get scads of hits.. Do the same search with the 5 and you'll get a lot less hits.. Then of course - do the same search about the S4 and you'll hear that pretty much everybody expects more battery life out of their phone, whicheverone, than they actually get.. LOL!! Side by side - daily - ip5 and S4 -- ip5 won easily.. Again you have to set them up with the same level of services on. That's actually hard -- to do a real 1:1 test.. People just test 'out of the box' and then make these broad sweeping conclusions on these forums.. You have to do careful testing making sure it's a true 1:1 test.

People also don't know how to 'condition' their battery after a few days of use.. Another big topic.. I should say 'condition the battery level sensor'... since LIon rechargeables don't need the 'conditioning' the the old NiCad rechargeables needed.. But the battery level sensor in a LIon battery does need conditioning every so often to give you correct readings..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (10-12-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Making it hazard-proof to the tune of the Galaxy S4 Active would've been an excellent selling point, in my humble opinion. That would've given people a real incentive to look away from the delicate high end model.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Uh, no offense but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here, man.. Samsung battery sucks? Oh, go on. The Galaxy S4 battery kicks the snot out of any iPhone battery, even with the bigger scree
    I went to the S4 after the ip5. Wonderful phone and the bigger screen was a plus but the battery was about the same. I can palm a basketball and I still found one-handed use to be a headache at time. In fact, Swype was the main reason it was tolerable. I went back to the 5S thinking I'd miss the S4 screen but I don't feel the "loss" at all. At the end of the day it was constant freezing in the OS that eventually did me in.

I actually went back and forth between the S4 and HTC One twice EACH before going back to the iPhone. Personally I love the HTC One more than the S4 by far. It's a beautiful piece of machinery, but the lack of a menu button ultimately is what drove me back to the S4 along with them being slow to release updates.

Having gone back to the iPhone, the only things I miss are the widgets and Swype (which iPhones should've had ages ago). But in going back to the theme, the S4 battery was nothing impressive. If anything, the little-mentioned HTC One is a better iPhone competitor. A dedicated menu button and software update would have been a majorrrrr blow to any iPhone......again, in MY opinion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Jaze For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-14-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The best Android ever made was the HTC Evo-3D.
    Not for the camera, but for the beautiful screen and dynamic text reflow/wrapping in browsers.
    With their small screens, you'd have thought text reflow would be a no-brainer for Apple ... but the iPhone was all about the maker's sensibilities, not the user's.
    The i-6 rumourmill has already started turning - and it's said to be coming with a 4.8" screen (variant ?).
    Anyway, Apple shares will get a massive shot in the arm if that transpires to be the case.
    Watch this space.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I can understand but as far as sales go. Everyone wants the latest and greatest
    Yes, but if the iphone c is now the same price as the iphone 5. For the same money ( which it is) would you rather you had a new metal iphone 5 or a plastic iphone 5.

Not difficult to see what I'd rather have.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,116 Times in 6,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twigwonderkid View Post
    Yes, but if the iphone c is now the same price as the iphone 5. For the same money ( which it is) would you rather you had a new metal iphone 5 or a plastic iphone 5.

Not difficult to see what I'd rather have.
    Isn't the 5c $100 less than the 5 was at the same memory level? The 5S took the previous price points that the 5 originally had, so the 5C is not the same money as the 5.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-15-2013)

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123