Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Cut iPhone 5C Production in Half Due to Dismal Sales

Quote Originally Posted by laju8 View Post
    I swear, what i really love about apple is not the hardware its the software, they fail to offer a simple thing as a slight upgrade in screen size 4.5 thats all some of us ask. I bet if the iphone 5c had a 4.5 inch it would be selling better than it is.
    They should hire u for 2 reasons :

1) u r hot
    2) great idea !

They were expecting more 5C sales.
    The people were expecting cheaper 5C's.

They could of both gotten what they wanted if Apple had cheaper 5C's.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, the problem is Apple compromised their quality standard with the 5c. We don't buy Apple products simply because of the way they perform. We buy them because they're works of art. Copying Samsung's style of cheap plastics was a horrible idea, and they should have known that because of how much people loved the iPhone 4 at launch vs the 3G(s). The 5c feels like a big step backward sitting on the shelf next to the 5s. Besides, why would I want the cheap looking 5c when I could just buy someone's used iPhone 5 online for the looks? Better materials, better quality, better sales.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

^what he said^

Thanks

^what he said and what I did. I sold my old 5 to get an s4 & 5c, got to look at 5c 2 days before launch and straight away said NO!
    Last edited by se23; 10-11-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laju8 View Post
    I swear, what i really love about apple is not the hardware its the software, they fail to offer a simple thing as a slight upgrade in screen size 4.5 thats all some of us ask. I bet if the iphone 5c had a 4.5 inch it would be selling better than it is.
    Watch this space.
    An 'S' upgrade never brings a change in form-factor.
    The i-6 will make or break Apple as a premiership player.
    They cannot go on ignoring the 50+% sales loss that the small screen is costing them.

If they really bring it on with 4.5 and 5.0" iPhones, they'll be right back on track.
    Why ?
    Because as configurable as Android may be, it's still nowhere near iOS as a user experience.

The rumourmill should start grinding into action come the Spring and then we'll start seeing absolutely nothing ... or a major exodus, as people wait for the bigger i-6 ... or upgrade their i-4 and 4S's to Androids after waiting forever for Apple to finally acquiesce to this particular demand of a sizable chunk of long-suffering adherents.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    The rumourmill should start grinding into action come the Spring and then we'll start seeing absolutely nothing ... or a major exodus, as people wait for the bigger i-6 ... or upgrade their i-4 and 4S's to Androids after waiting forever for Apple to finally acquiesce to this particular demand of a sizable chunk of long-suffering adherents.
    I don't think the size thing has anything at all to do with sales. The people who want gi-huge-ic phones, that you can't even type in without 2 hands, are way fewer than you think. Don't you think Apple's done focus groups to find out what people want already?? Of course they have. If it was an overwhelming request Apple would make it priority. Yes, I know Apple does their OWN thing a lot of the time. They're innovators. But every major advance in the last 4 iPhones have been filled with things the people have asked for.

I don't doubt there's a significant group asking for larger screen - but NOT a big enough number for them to tackle the huge problem of battery life and other issues that the larger screen brings on. Yes, I know Samsuck does it.. But their battery life sucks because of it. Plus Retina quality screen (which Samsuck doesn't have) is harder to achieve with even a 4.5.

So don't hold your breath on the larger screen thing in iP6.

I just don't get the craze for giant phones. They look so silly in people's hands and up against their ears. Get a tablet.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I don't think the size thing has anything at all to do with sales. The people who want gi-huge-ic phones, that you can't even type in without 2 hands, are way fewer than you think. Don't you think Apple's done focus groups to find out what people want already?? Of course they have. If it was an overwhelming request Apple would make it priority. Yes, I know Apple does their OWN thing a lot of the time. They're innovators. But every major advance in the last 4 iPhones have been filled with things the people have asked for.

I don't doubt there's a significant group asking for larger screen - but NOT a big enough number for them to tackle the huge problem of battery life and other issues that the larger screen brings on. Yes, I know Samsuck does it.. But their battery life sucks because of it. Plus Retina quality screen (which Samsuck doesn't have) is harder to achieve with even a 4.5.

I just don't get the craze for giant phones. They look so silly in people's hands and up against their ears. Get a tablet.
    Your post only underlines the difficulty some people have in dealing with reality.
    Man up and get your head out of the sand ... it'll all come good in the end.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

I think you may be understimating how many people want a bigger screen.

You may want to check out pixel density's for the latest phones too: List of displays by pixel density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The S4 and HTC One as well as quite a few others have higher pixel density's than the iPhone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-11-2013)

I don't think the size thing has anything at all to do with sales. The people who want gi-huge-ic phones, that you can't even type in without 2 hands, are way fewer than you think.
    Well, I know apple lost me as a customer because they didn't make a bigger screen. Even if they had gone with a 4.5" screen, I would have most likely stayed with them. I got a Galaxy S4 and can easily type with one hand. I know women have a problem typing on a larger phone but for guys with bigger hands, a large screen is welcome.

Don't you think Apple's done focus groups to find out what people want already?? Of course they have. If it was an overwhelming request Apple would make it priority. Yes, I know Apple does their OWN thing a lot of the time. They're innovators. But every major advance in the last 4 iPhones have been filled with things the people have asked for.
    I think it is being requested quite a bit. I bet you anything that they make the screen bigger on the 6. Rather than putting money into developing the lame 5C, they should have made a larger screen phone option. I bet it would be doing much better than the 5C is now.

I don't doubt there's a significant group asking for larger screen - but NOT a big enough number for them to tackle the huge problem of battery life and other issues that the larger screen brings on.
    All they need to do is put a bigger, more powerful battery in the thing. Not that hard. Making the screen bigger allows more room for battery expansion. Also, the 5 and 5S are ridiculously thin, which is nice but I'm sure most would rather it be a little thicker and heavier and have a battery that doesn't completely suck.

Yes, I know Samsuck does it.. But their battery life sucks because of it. Plus Retina quality screen (which Samsuck doesn't have) is harder to achieve with even a 4.5.
    Uh, no offense but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here, man.. Samsung battery sucks? Oh, go on. The Galaxy S4 battery kicks the snot out of any iPhone battery, even with the bigger screen. I know from first hand experience going from a 4S to a GS4.

Have you even held and used a larger phone like the HTC One or Galaxy S4? You should play with one for an hour and then go back to your iPhone. It feels like a little baby's toy after you get used to the beautiful bigger screen. I'm not an Apple hater so don't take it the wrong way. I've had iPhones for 4 years but I wanted to try something new. I don't think I'll ever switch back to iOS because I love the freedom of Android and I wouldn't even consider owning and iPhone without a jailbreak now, which is such a hassle to wait for and deal with. There are a few things I miss about my iPhone but those things are way overshadowed by what I like more about my new phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post

Uh, no offense but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here, man.. Samsung battery sucks? Oh, go on. The Galaxy S4 battery kicks the snot out of any iPhone battery, even with the bigger screen. I know from first hand experience going from a 4S to a GS4.
    Not really the fairest comparison there huh? I had a S4 for a few months and have a 5S now, the 5S has had better battery life for me than my S4 did. That is just my own experience though.

Thanks

Im using a 5C supplied by my job. I was skeptical at first but I have grown to love it. One thing I really like is that over time...you won't see this phone depreciate as fast. Meaning it can be dropped and take a ding without denting or chipping. Metal and glass cannot. :]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I think you may be understimating how many people want a bigger screen.

You may want to check out pixel density's for the latest phones too: List of displays by pixel density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The S4 and HTC One as well as quite a few others have higher pixel density's than the iPhone.
    Well - okay - I stand corrected.. but in my full month with the S4 and the Note 2 - they sure did NOT look the least bit 'retina' to me. I thought I'd read that the newest Samsung did NOT have true retina densities.. But the Wiki article disputes that. Thanks.. But those considering Samsung... I assure you - the screen is NOT the caliber of the iPhone - in 'experience'.

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post

Have you even held and used a larger phone like the HTC One or Galaxy S4? You should play with one for an hour and then go back to your iPhone. It feels like a little baby's toy after you get used to the beautiful bigger screen.
    I assure you, Abosworth, I never comment in these threads unless I have personal experience and done real A/B testing. I've had both the S4 and the Note 2 for the 30 day trial period.. And my experience was NOT yours - at all. First of all you need to compare apples to apples.. A 4S was the most terrible battery life phone in Apple's history. MUCH has been written about it. The 5, 5C and 5S are a totally different story.. If you jumped ship at 4S - I understand why. Many did. But my 5 consistently outlasted the S4 and Note 2 every day in side by side comparisons; by more than 20%. It's also important you make sure you test with same settings. Neither the S4 nor the Note2 ship with Bluetooth ON or their version of Push Mail turned on. So you have to switch all that stuff ON (or OFF) to do a fair comparison. Side by side with exact same features (or their equivalents) turned on - the iPhone 5 is a clear winner. Hand down. That doesn't mean that Samsung isn't good - it just means it's in no way superior in battery life. And the larger screen is the main reason why - which speaks to my original point. Larger screen = battery drain. It's just simply science.

Could there be room for a bigger battery - sure.. But from my understanding of battery mechanics.. "size" does not necessarily mean better performance... (actually that axiom is true of 'other things in life too'.. wink,wink...)

Thanks

Well - okay - I stand corrected.. but in my full month with the S4 and the Note 2 - they sure did NOT look the least bit 'retina' to me. I thought I'd read that the newest Samsung did NOT have true retina densities.. But the Wiki article disputes that. Thanks.. But those considering Samsung... I assure you - the screen is NOT the caliber of the iPhone - in 'experience'.
    Not sure I'd agree with that. Could just be you find iOS better looking artistically than android (I do, don't like android's icons very much for starts). The S4 really did have a gorgeous screen though, I can't deny it that, nor could I distinguish individual pixels on it which is the whole point marketing wise behind retina screens I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    Well, they brought it upon themselves.
    I love apple and all, but man are those people getting greedier by the minute.
    Launching a phone thats cheaper in production, at the same price and trying to fixate the user into thinking ' ohh.. Its for the colorful, so i should get one' is a crook's way.
    I love apple products, but their pricing has gone haywire. I live in India and an iphone 5s 16 gig will cost around 60000 rupees, which is twice my monthly salary. And bear in mind, I have completed my major in economics from one of the best institutes in Delhi University.
    No one in India would pay 50k for a 5c just because it has an apple logo on it. They would much rather buy a 5 or even a 4s. What apple doesnt understand is that they are doing fairly well quality wise, they just have to move down the price ladder, especially when they cut corners off a product.
    I know I'm wrong but in my salary as far as US dollars go that would mean the iPhone would cost me $2600. That is crazy but it's only $200. Not bad. Since you guys all born doctors anyway and make 9 million a year. $2600 doesn't too bad lol again I'm wrong and being stupid but twice your month salary. Wtf. International reasons? Taxes? Idk

Not sure I'd agree with that. Could just be you find iOS better looking artistically than android (I do, don't like android's icons very much for starts). The S4 really did have a gorgeous screen though, I can't deny it that, nor could I distinguish individual pixels on it which is the whole point marketing wise behind retina screens I believe.
    Fair enough, Simon. Agree to disagree. And I never said it wasn't a nice screen. I said - it didn't match iPhone's quality - in my estimation.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Guess you should've listened to the experts telling you to bring this in at the proper price point. Oh well. Wish it had been what it should've been.

Thanks

Fair enough, Simon. Agree to disagree. And I never said it was a nice screen. I said - it didn't match iPhone's quality - in my estimation.
    Build quality isn't even close IMO. Now the HTC One is a different story...

Build quality isn't even close IMO. Now the HTC One is a different story...
    I wasn't as impressed with the HTC One either.. But better.. agreed.. And my original sentence there should have read..

"I never said it wasN'T a nice screen".. Edited now in original post..

Point being -- the Samsungs DO have nice screens... Inferior to iPhone in my opinion.

Not really the fairest comparison there huh? I had a S4 for a few months and have a 5S now, the 5S has had better battery life for me than my S4 did. That is just my own experience though.
    I put a brand new battery in my 4S. It was a 2680 mAh battery from ebay. While it was definitely better than my old stock one, the s4 battery is much better. My brother in law had an iPhone 5 and the battery life was terrible on that. Worse than my 4S. Can't say for the 5S so I'll have to take your word for it.

I assure you, Abosworth, I never comment in these threads unless I have personal experience and done real A/B testing. I've had both the S4 and the Note 2 for the 30 day trial period.. And my experience was NOT yours - at all. First of all you need to compare apples to apples.. A 4S was the most terrible battery life phone in Apple's history. MUCH has been written about it. The 5, 5C and 5S are a totally different story.. If you jumped ship at 4S - I understand why. Many did. But my 5 consistently outlasted the S4 and Note 2 every day in side by side comparisons; by more than 20%. It's also important you make sure you test with same settings. Neither the S4 nor the Note2 ship with Bluetooth ON or their version of Push Mail turned on. So you have to switch all that stuff ON (or OFF) to do a fair comparison. Side by side with exact same features (or their equivalents) turned on - the iPhone 5 is a clear winner. Hand down. That doesn't mean that Samsung isn't good - it just means it's in no way superior in battery life. And the larger screen is the main reason why - which speaks to my original point. Larger screen = battery drain. It's just simply science.

Could there be room for a bigger battery - sure.. But from my understanding of battery mechanics.. "size" does not necessarily mean better performance... (actually that axiom is true of 'other things in life too'.. wink,wink...)
    Well, I wasn't trying to imply anything in that regard but anyway...

I'm surprised that you had better experience with the 5 over the S4. My brother in law had terrible battery life on his iphone 5. He too switched to the S 4 and says the battery life is better in his experience. I thought you were just spouting off so I apologize for doubting that you had experience with the S4. I always have 3 email accounts pushed to my phones so that is the same. I've never heard that the 4S had the worst battery life. I didn't find it any worse than my 3GS which I had prior to my 4S.
    Last edited by ABOSWORTH; 10-11-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast