Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Job Opening Points to China Mobile Deal

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Job Opening Points to China Mobile Deal

Even tight-lipped Apple has a history of indirectly dishing on its product and business plans through the occasion job posting. Such is the case once again today with a new position that Apple is looking to fill ASAP.

Here's what we know. Apple is seeking an engineer with extensive knowledge of China Mobile's homegrown phone network. It goes without saying that Apple has obviously reached an agreement with China Mobile to introduce the iPhone on the world's largest mobile network.

And let's not fail to put "largest mobile network" into perspective. China Mobile presently boasts 1.2 billion wireless subscribers.

The manager, who will be based in Beijing, will “support and drive the carrier approval of mobile phones,” Apple said in an advertisement on its China website. The position seeks experience with TD-SCDMA, China Mobile’s own third-generation standard that isn’t used by other carriers.
    “China Mobile and Apple have been in talks on cooperation, and there is no information that can be disclosed,” the press office for the Chinese carrier said to Bloomberg on Wednesday.

According to the current rumor mill, China Mobile may introduce the iPhone to its subscribers as soon as November.

Source: Bloomberg

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

What's in it for me??

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    What's in it for me??
    Longer delays when you order a new iPhone