+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Reportedly Working on Updates for Facebook and Facebook Messenger iOS Apps

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook Reportedly Working on Updates for Facebook and Facebook Messenger iOS Apps

Many are happy with the latest update to the Facebook application, which added tabs at the bottom of the screen to improve the application’s usability and make it easier to navigate the application; it was also re-designed for iOS 7 with a new flat interface with transparency and the works.

Although this was a pretty large update in itself, it would appear that the company still has major plans in store to continue improving the application for iOS. Facebook's highly-popular Messenger application for iOS is also said to be included in these plans.

According to a report from 9to5Mac, Facebook is planning to add the graph search feature to the Facebook application for iOS in the future. Graph search gives users a more powerful search that will bring up more relevant search results pertaining to the search.

The Facebook Messenger application, on the other hand, will be getting a re-design. As of this point in time, Facebook Messenger has not yet been updated to take advantage of the new interface of iOS 7, so this is expected. The report suggests a new application icon, flat white interface, and the ability to use the user's contact list to find friends to talk to.

It should be interesting to see what Facebook has in store for these applications in the long run, but Facebook has a number of other applications too, including their Camera application, which still needs to be updated with an iOS 7-style interface. It should be interesting to see what Facebook plans to do with those applications as well.

Sources: 9to5Mac

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Facebook sucks

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

When are they not working on updates and bug fixes?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Speaking of FB, where's the update to allow editing of posts?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

don't count me with those who are happy with the FB app updates. seems they make it worse every time.

I also wish they'd bring back landscape. No idea why they removed that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

they need to release an update i can only scroll down to like the last hour of posts on the most recent section where i use to be able to go back like hours