Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Qualcomm Backs Away from Statements Regarding the A7 Chip Being a “Marketing Gimmick"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quade321 View Post
    Lol.... Wow, Apple is really going so far as to lie? The only possible thing you could use a 64-bit processor for is if you have an app that uses over 4GB of RAM at one time. You don't even need it for putting more than 4GB of RAM into the phone itself. People will say "Oh, you need to run a 64-bit OS to use more than 4GB of RAM," but in the world of UNIX and Linux, that's not true. You can get over 64GB of RAM into a single 32-bit computer. (Remember, iOS is built on top of UNIX.) Any one application can't use more than 4GB of RAM at a time, but what mobile phone application is gonna use 4GB of RAM within the next 5 years?
    lol..May be we will have an app that will stop alien attack..or stop global warming..solve earthly crises

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Right now an iPhone with a 64bit CPU is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. iOS 7 is not a 64 bit Operating System and the iPhone does not have, nor can take advantage of, more than 4GB of RAM.
    More pointless marketing to add to the likes of Thunderbolt. What good is having the potential of 10Gbps transfer speeds if the HDD/SSD attached can only manage a few hundred Mbps...
    Wrong. iOS 7 is a 64bit OS. Developers can compiler their apps NOW and submit them in 64 and 32 bit versions to the AppStore, one version for the 5S and one version for all 32bit hardware.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12