+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winocm: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 Jailbreak Should Drop Before 2014

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
While the evad3rs are working hard at trying to jailbreak iOS 7, other hackers are working on a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 – these are the most
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Winocm: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 Jailbreak Should Drop Before 2014

While the evad3rs are working hard at trying to jailbreak iOS 7, other hackers are working on a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 – these are the most recent releases of iOS 6 that many people are stuck on after updating from iOS 6.0-6.1.2 (the latest jailbreakable firmwares).

iOS hacker winocm, one of the minds behind the jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4, showed us video evidence of his jailbreak running untethered on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4 just last month. With obvious progress being made, many are wondering when a time will come when they can finally jailbreak their iOS 6 devices again.

On Monday, winocm Tweeted saying that he believes a definite ETA for his jailbreak will be before 2014, or within the next couple of months. While this isn't an exact date, it is as least better than nothing. He also notes that it was very helpful of everyone that dumped iPad kernels, as it helped him a lot. He asks that everyone waiting for the jailbreak simply remains patient as they continue to work hard on completing the project.

As we’re more than familiar with, hackers put a lot of time and effort into making jailbreaks as stable as possible and ensuring that they work with as many devices as possible. An application interface also has to be built so that regular users can jailbreak their devices with ease. This work takes a while, and does require patience.

While a lot of people continue to question the reasoning behind a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 since iOS 7 is now available, it should be noted that the exploits being used in this jailbreak are no longer present in iOS 7 and therefore being used on the older firmware is not wasting them. There are also a number of people who have no interest in upgrading to iOS 7, and are stuck on the latest iOS 6 firmware with no jailbreak.

We will continue to keep you updated on the progress of this jailbreak as more information surfaces.

Sources: winocm
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-07-2013 at 02:00 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

This is great new love the devs!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

Thanks

SWEET! Im sure a ton of users can utilize this JB. Keep them coming Devs!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

primalscream.40 (10-10-2013)

Thanks

Good For iPod Touch 4G & 3GS Users!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Awesome I read the tweets earlier today (looking for 7x break LOL )

Livin the iPhone Life TeddyDiesel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,836 Times in 862 Posts

Pretty amazing that Wincom is only 16. Doing awesome things!

Thanks

Sucks for us 5S users :-(

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What's the point ,,,,the focus should be on ios7 not the old OS. WFT

Thanks

The point is that not everyone wants to bump up to iOS 7. Being that evaders are working on it I'm glad that someone is tackling iOS 6
    If it aint broke... you aint try'en hard enough

Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 771 Posts

Oh my goodness...
    I still can't believe an article was written about @winocm being facetious. He was saying that the jailbreak will be out before 2014 as a joke to everyone asking about ETA. This was taken way too literal....

We already know it'll be out before 2014; they're already working on the details for finishing it up. I'm sorry but this article is pointless.

BTW, I'm not tryin to be Negative-Nancy over here, just pointing out the truth!
    Last edited by thazsar; 10-07-2013 at 04:36 PM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    That was kind of touched on in the last paragraph

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

That's nice for people who still somehow care for 6. I've been on 7 since June and don't regret a thing. Don't really see why not to update.

iPhone? More like MyPhone redwolf's Avatar
    Thanks

+1
    ModMy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"While a lot of people continue to question the reasoning behind a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 since iOS 7 is now available, it should be noted that the exploits being used in this jailbreak are no longer present in iOS 7 and therefore being used on the older firmware is not wasting them. There are also a number of people who have no interest in upgrading to iOS 7, and are stuck on the latest iOS 6 firmware with no jailbreak."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,201 Times in 1,853 Posts

Some ppl just don't get it. It's a choice u guys know right? Evaders are doing the 7X jailbreak. This 6.1.3/6.1.4 JB is filling a void where a lot users (myself) included dont see any point in updating to 7X. Had it as a beta on my jailed 5. Thought it was absolutely crap, sold it & still think its crap! So I got another i5 on 6.1 & staying on that Jailbroken.

Give it a rest on Winocm he's doing his own thing & instead of ridiculing him for working on an older firmware JB it's still an impressive feat in itself. At the end of the day he can do whatever the hell he likes whether u like it or not!

Kudos again to Winocm & iH8sn0w for giving some of the iCommunity chance to JB on a later version of iOS6

It's not all about YOU!
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

dwizurd (10-07-2013), primalscream.40 (10-10-2013), ZĄG (10-07-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why does anybody have to post any negative all JB should be welcomed

Both should be ready soon too

22. The Following User Says Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    That's nice for people who still somehow care for 6. I've been on 7 since June and don't regret a thing. Don't really see why not to update.
    Outside of all the bugs...ppl still want to be jailbroken.

I'm glad that someone is still thinking about iOS 6!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

Thanks

I for one am very very pleased that an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is in the works. I have no interest in updating to iOS 7. Honestly I think it's extremely ugly. It looks like a women/child designed it(not that there's anything wrong with that...just as a man, it does not look appealing to me at all). Not into to the bright and girly looking UI. Plus, once the untethered 6.1.3/4 jailbreak comes out, like basically every other jailbreak before, I will be able to have everything the latest iOS provides anyway due to the functionality a jailbreak provides. I have a setup on my phone that I love and have been use too, and I know going with the iOS 7 jailbreak would leave some of my most prized (and paid for) tweaks useless on the latest iOS (there's still tweaks I paid for, for iOS 5 that have not been updated for iOS 6, and I'm not about to make that list even longer by updating to iOS 7). I have a feeling it's going to be a very long time before all my preferred tweaks are compatible with iOS 7(if at all), so I'm most likely gonna be staying on iOS 6.1.3 for a very long time. And hopefully there will be a tweak/theme that will bring back the original iOS UI (or at-least a UI that is far less feminine looking:/) it's not that I hate change...I just happen to hate this new UI Apple made particularly. Honestly....if Jobs was still around, I don't think he would have approve of the new UI.lol. But hey that's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by ZĄG; 10-07-2013 at 09:58 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ZĄG For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Oh my goodness...
    I still can't believe an article was written about @winocm being facetious. He was saying that the jailbreak will be out before 2014 as a joke to everyone asking about ETA. This was taken way too literal....

We already know it'll be out before 2014; they're already working on the details for finishing it up. I'm sorry but this article is pointless.

BTW, I'm not tryin to be Negative-Nancy over here, just pointing out the truth!
    U sound more like Jelous-Jake

Thanks
    Thanked 5,201 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZĄG View Post
    I for one am very very pleased that an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is in the works. I have no interest in updating to iOS 7. Honestly I think it's extremely ugly. It looks like a women/child designed it(not that there's anything wrong with that...just as a man, it does not look appealing to me at all). Not into to the bright and girly looking UI. Plus, once the untethered 6.1.3/4 jailbreak comes out, like basically every other jailbreak before, I will be able to have everything the latest iOS provides anyway due to the functionality a jailbreak provides. I have a setup on my phone that I love and have been use too, and I know going with the iOS 7 jailbreak would leave some of my most prized (and paid for) tweaks useless on the latest iOS (there's still tweaks I paid for, for iOS 5 that have not been updated for iOS 6, and I'm not about to make that list even longer by updating to iOS 7). I have a feeling it's going to be a very long time before all my preferred tweaks are compatible with iOS 7(if at all), so I'm most likely gonna be staying on iOS 6.1.3 for a very long time. And hopefully there will be a tweak/theme that will bring back the original iOS UI (or at-least a UI that is far less feminine looking:/) it's not that I hate change...I just happen to hate this new UI Apple made particularly. Honestly....if Jobs was still around, I don't think he would have approve of the new UI.lol. But hey that's just my 2 cents.
    +1
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different