Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Winocm: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 Jailbreak Should Drop Before 2014

  1. #1
    Default Winocm: iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 Jailbreak Should Drop Before 2014


    While the evad3rs are working hard at trying to jailbreak iOS 7, other hackers are working on a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 – these are the most recent releases of iOS 6 that many people are stuck on after updating from iOS 6.0-6.1.2 (the latest jailbreakable firmwares).

    iOS hacker winocm, one of the minds behind the jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4, showed us video evidence of his jailbreak running untethered on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4 just last month. With obvious progress being made, many are wondering when a time will come when they can finally jailbreak their iOS 6 devices again.

    On Monday, winocm Tweeted saying that he believes a definite ETA for his jailbreak will be before 2014, or within the next couple of months. While this isn't an exact date, it is as least better than nothing. He also notes that it was very helpful of everyone that dumped iPad kernels, as it helped him a lot. He asks that everyone waiting for the jailbreak simply remains patient as they continue to work hard on completing the project.

    As we’re more than familiar with, hackers put a lot of time and effort into making jailbreaks as stable as possible and ensuring that they work with as many devices as possible. An application interface also has to be built so that regular users can jailbreak their devices with ease. This work takes a while, and does require patience.

    While a lot of people continue to question the reasoning behind a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 since iOS 7 is now available, it should be noted that the exploits being used in this jailbreak are no longer present in iOS 7 and therefore being used on the older firmware is not wasting them. There are also a number of people who have no interest in upgrading to iOS 7, and are stuck on the latest iOS 6 firmware with no jailbreak.

    We will continue to keep you updated on the progress of this jailbreak as more information surfaces.

    Sources: winocm
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-07-2013 at 03:00 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

  3. #2
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    This is great new love the devs!!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

  5. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,725
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 252 Times in 166 Posts

    SWEET! Im sure a ton of users can utilize this JB. Keep them coming Devs!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

    primalscream.40 (10-10-2013)

  7. #4
    Good For iPod Touch 4G & 3GS Users!!

  8. #5
    Awesome I read the tweets earlier today (looking for 7x break LOL )

  9. #6
    Pretty amazing that Wincom is only 16. Doing awesome things!

  10. #7
    Sucks for us 5S users :-(

  11. #8
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What's the point ,,,,the focus should be on ios7 not the old OS. WFT

  12. #9
    The point is that not everyone wants to bump up to iOS 7. Being that evaders are working on it I'm glad that someone is tackling iOS 6
    If it aint broke... you aint try'en hard enough

  13. #10
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,731
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,885 Times in 1,248 Posts

    Oh my goodness...
    I still can't believe an article was written about @winocm being facetious. He was saying that the jailbreak will be out before 2014 as a joke to everyone asking about ETA. This was taken way too literal....

    We already know it'll be out before 2014; they're already working on the details for finishing it up. I'm sorry but this article is pointless.

    BTW, I'm not tryin to be Negative-Nancy over here, just pointing out the truth!
    Last edited by thazsar; 10-07-2013 at 05:36 PM.

  14. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    What's the point ,,,,the focus should be on ios7 not the old OS. WFT
    That was kind of touched on in the last paragraph

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

  16. #12
    That's nice for people who still somehow care for 6. I've been on 7 since June and don't regret a thing. Don't really see why not to update.

  17. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    What's the point ,,,,the focus should be on ios7 not the old OS. WFT
    +1
    ModMy

  18. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    What's the point ,,,,the focus should be on ios7 not the old OS. WFT
    "While a lot of people continue to question the reasoning behind a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 since iOS 7 is now available, it should be noted that the exploits being used in this jailbreak are no longer present in iOS 7 and therefore being used on the older firmware is not wasting them. There are also a number of people who have no interest in upgrading to iOS 7, and are stuck on the latest iOS 6 firmware with no jailbreak."

  19. #15
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Some ppl just don't get it. It's a choice u guys know right? Evaders are doing the 7X jailbreak. This 6.1.3/6.1.4 JB is filling a void where a lot users (myself) included dont see any point in updating to 7X. Had it as a beta on my jailed 5. Thought it was absolutely crap, sold it & still think its crap! So I got another i5 on 6.1 & staying on that Jailbroken.

    Give it a rest on Winocm he's doing his own thing & instead of ridiculing him for working on an older firmware JB it's still an impressive feat in itself. At the end of the day he can do whatever the hell he likes whether u like it or not!

    Kudos again to Winocm & iH8sn0w for giving some of the iCommunity chance to JB on a later version of iOS6

    It's not all about YOU!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    dwizurd (10-07-2013), primalscream.40 (10-10-2013), ZĄG (10-07-2013)

  21. #16
    Why does anybody have to post any negative all JB should be welcomed

    Both should be ready soon too

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

  23. #17
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,263
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    That's nice for people who still somehow care for 6. I've been on 7 since June and don't regret a thing. Don't really see why not to update.
    Outside of all the bugs...ppl still want to be jailbroken.

    I'm glad that someone is still thinking about iOS 6!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

  25. #18
    I for one am very very pleased that an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is in the works. I have no interest in updating to iOS 7. Honestly I think it's extremely ugly. It looks like a women/child designed it(not that there's anything wrong with that...just as a man, it does not look appealing to me at all). Not into to the bright and girly looking UI. Plus, once the untethered 6.1.3/4 jailbreak comes out, like basically every other jailbreak before, I will be able to have everything the latest iOS provides anyway due to the functionality a jailbreak provides. I have a setup on my phone that I love and have been use too, and I know going with the iOS 7 jailbreak would leave some of my most prized (and paid for) tweaks useless on the latest iOS (there's still tweaks I paid for, for iOS 5 that have not been updated for iOS 6, and I'm not about to make that list even longer by updating to iOS 7). I have a feeling it's going to be a very long time before all my preferred tweaks are compatible with iOS 7(if at all), so I'm most likely gonna be staying on iOS 6.1.3 for a very long time. And hopefully there will be a tweak/theme that will bring back the original iOS UI (or at-least a UI that is far less feminine looking:/) it's not that I hate change...I just happen to hate this new UI Apple made particularly. Honestly....if Jobs was still around, I don't think he would have approve of the new UI.lol. But hey that's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by ZĄG; 10-07-2013 at 10:58 PM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to ZĄG For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-07-2013)

  27. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Oh my goodness...
    I still can't believe an article was written about @winocm being facetious. He was saying that the jailbreak will be out before 2014 as a joke to everyone asking about ETA. This was taken way too literal....

    We already know it'll be out before 2014; they're already working on the details for finishing it up. I'm sorry but this article is pointless.

    BTW, I'm not tryin to be Negative-Nancy over here, just pointing out the truth!
    U sound more like Jelous-Jake

  28. #20
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ZĄG View Post
    I for one am very very pleased that an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is in the works. I have no interest in updating to iOS 7. Honestly I think it's extremely ugly. It looks like a women/child designed it(not that there's anything wrong with that...just as a man, it does not look appealing to me at all). Not into to the bright and girly looking UI. Plus, once the untethered 6.1.3/4 jailbreak comes out, like basically every other jailbreak before, I will be able to have everything the latest iOS provides anyway due to the functionality a jailbreak provides. I have a setup on my phone that I love and have been use too, and I know going with the iOS 7 jailbreak would leave some of my most prized (and paid for) tweaks useless on the latest iOS (there's still tweaks I paid for, for iOS 5 that have not been updated for iOS 6, and I'm not about to make that list even longer by updating to iOS 7). I have a feeling it's going to be a very long time before all my preferred tweaks are compatible with iOS 7(if at all), so I'm most likely gonna be staying on iOS 6.1.3 for a very long time. And hopefully there will be a tweak/theme that will bring back the original iOS UI (or at-least a UI that is far less feminine looking:/) it's not that I hate change...I just happen to hate this new UI Apple made particularly. Honestly....if Jobs was still around, I don't think he would have approve of the new UI.lol. But hey that's just my 2 cents.
    +1
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •