+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DoCoMo: iPhone 5s Shortage Costing Japanese Carrier Subscribers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default DoCoMo: iPhone 5s Shortage Costing Japanese Carrier Subscribers

As MMi reported last month, research from Kantar shows that nearly seven out of every ten customers who recently defected from NTT’s DoCoMo mobile communications unit switched carriers because of the iPhone.

Specifically, 66% of survey respondents who recently left DoCoMo indicated that they moved to a new carrier specifically to get the popular smartphone. But as Apple confirmed upon the introduction of its new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c last month, DoCoMo is now in the Apple family and began offering coverage for the two new iPhones in late September.

Unfortunately for DoCoMo, however, the subscriber losses continue. And, ironically, the iPhone is to blame once again, the carrier asserts. All told, DoCoMo lost 66,800 net users in September. So how is that the iPhone's fault exactly?

DoCoMo attributed the subscriber loss to customers who delayed purchases until after Apple’s new mobiles went on sale Sept. 20 and insufficient stock of those handsets, said Atsuko Suzuki, a company spokeswoman.
    Simply put, supply shortages - DoCoMo asserts - have hurt the carrier and continue to drive away subscribers.

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks

When you are this popular..I would think its rather difficult to keep up with demand. Time and patience.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Docomo waited too long and plugged away at android, now they are last on the list in Japan to receive inventory. Are they really surprised by this?
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Docomo waited too long and plugged away at android, now they are last on the list in Japan to receive inventory. Are they really surprised by this?
    Spot on!

The only thing Docomo is good for is their signal in rural areas. Their service and cost is subpar to say the least. It's funny that they blame supply.