+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SideSettings' Lets You Access the Settings Application From Anywhere

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With a new jailbreak tweak called SideSettings by iOS developer Joel Einbinder, you will be able to easily access your Settings application without ever actually leaving the application you’re already
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 769 Posts

Default 'SideSettings' Lets You Access the Settings Application From Anywhere

With a new jailbreak tweak called SideSettings by iOS developer Joel Einbinder, you will be able to easily access your Settings application without ever actually leaving the application you’re already in. This is very handy for when you need to make on-the-spot changes, such as enabling location services for a specific application.

SideSettings works with Activator, letting you set an Activator action of your choice to reveal the Settings application from the left side of the display. The interface you’re in, whether it’s the home screen, or an application, will still appear on the right side of the display, and you can tap on it to return to it and close the Settings application.

For applications where there are settings to configure in the Settings application, that preferences pane for that application will launch by default. For example, if you’re in Apple’s Messages application and you use the Activator action to get to the Settings application, Settings will launch with the Messages preferences pane loaded. On the other hand, you can still navigate the entire Settings application from the SideSettings view, so you’re not locked down to only that preferences pane.

It's pretty handy to be able to access your device's settings without leaving the application you're in. For those interested this neat tweak, it's available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99. It works with iOS 6.0 and later on every non-iPad device.

Name: SideSettings
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.1
    Requirements: iOS 6.0+, iPhone or iPod touch
    Developer: Joel Einbinder
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Handy. Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Beware if you have a lot of tweaks. Have yet to find the tweak on my phone it conflicts with.
    Last edited by DieselVexx; 10-06-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks

I guess this could be handy for those who don't use Activator.

Personally, I prefer to have Settings launch with a simple right-swipe of the statusbar. No issues with other tweaks.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Waste of cash. Why would you buy this when you can do it for free with SbSettings or ios7

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think that you guys are missing the point of this Tweak. Lets say you want to turn on private browsing for Safari.
    Normally you would go:
    safari -> homescreen -> settings -> safari table -> private browsing -> home screen -> safari

With an activator activation this simplifies to:
    safari -> settings -> safari table -> private browsing -> homescreen-> safari

With SideSettings, you don't even have to leave safari. And it opens up the safari settings automatically:
    safari -> safari table -> private browsing -> safari

This may seem like a small change, but it works with every app that has a settings page, and I've found that it makes it a lot easier to change settings on my device. Although I may be a little bit biased.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly
    Last edited by DieselVexx; 10-07-2013 at 06:13 PM.