+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Apex' is a Beautiful Alternative to Folders in iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Apex' is a Beautiful Alternative to Folders in iOS

It’s always a breath of fresh air when something that looks better than one of the stock features of iOS becomes available in Cydia. In this case, a new jailbreak tweak called Apex by iOS development team Ałtweaks is now available with what appears to be a better way to group applications than iOS' folders can.

It’s better, because it feels more natural, and it looks nicer. Between looks and animations, Apex is simply eye candy. It doesn’t lack function either.

Unlike folders, which you tap on to open, you open Apex by swiping up or down on an application icon. As shown above, you will get the option to add applications to the group via the use of "+" buttons. When you tap on one, you’ll see a list of applications that you can choose from to add them to the application group. Once you set an application for all the free spaces, you can press the home button to set them in place. Tapping on any of the application icons in the group will launch them.

You can have as many of these application groups as you want to have. They're just like folders, and you can put any kind of applications into them. This is great for keeping all of your applications from Google together, or all of your favorite weather applications together, or all of your Facebook sub-applications together.

You can also close any Apex application group by swiping from anywhere outside of the group to the center application icon. When you do, this is what an Apex application group will look like. Notice how all of the applications in the group just slightly appear around the edges of the main application:

You can enable or disable Apex showing application icon previews behind the main application icon from the tweak's preferences pane in the Settings application at any time, as well as access support:

Apex looks great, and works great. If you want to give your iOS device the Apex treatment, you can download this tweak from Cydia for just 99˘.

Note: While the current version of Apex in Cydia is version 1.0, an update (version 1.1-1) is coming soon with improved animations, compatibility with FolderEnhancer, and compatibility with iWidgets.

Name: Apex
    Price: 99˘ (limited time)
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): caughtinflux and Sentry_NC
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-06-2013 at 09:07 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

dwizurd (10-06-2013)

Thanks

That's pretty cool! Much better than many of the tweaks that have been featured lately.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet. Thanks. Can't wait just got a 5c.

Thanks

This will be magically integrated into iOS 8...
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

ohthatguyagain (10-07-2013), PokemonDesigner (10-06-2013), slim.jim (10-06-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Love this worth the 99 cents for sure.

Thanks

Was about to remove this (Have FolderEnhancer and iWidgets). Uninstalled iWidgets and it worked a little better, but still buggy. When it did work was awesome! Hopeful for the update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    This will be magically integrated into iOS 8...
    Lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Too bad it's not available for iPad. Would love that functionality on the larger screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait to see this for 7 when it's jailbroken. I'm going to buy almost every tweak from Sentry that I couldn't before I left 6 for the betas

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apex has a conflict with ios stock folder. If you have an app inside an ios folder and execute it, with apex installed that app will freeze. It needs a hard reboot to get your phone working again

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't waste your cash. If you have any other tweaks it's probably not going to work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

what's the minimum iOS version for this? I hope it supports 5.1.1

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed this and when it finished the respring my phone was frozen except for the background changing color from black to white. I had to hold down the power button and home button to force shut it down. When it came back on I slid to unlock and it was doing the same thing, I thought I was going to have to restore my iPhone! Finally I power cycled it again, this time I went directly to my camera app from the lock-screen and was able to double click the home button to bring up recent apps, I chose Cydia and uninstalled Apex. My iPhone was back to normal after that...pheeeew!! I was about to kill someone if I had to restore my iPhone! Anyway, not sure what the deal is, but I would be very cautious about installing this tweak! If you run into the same problem as me just follow the steps I did and hopefully you can get it back to normal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone broflok's Avatar
    Thanks

My can't even open, ios 6.1 (damn)
    Waiting for update

Thanks

You know, there needs to be a single place to post reviews of JB tweaks, like the App Store reviews.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Recent update killed my phone
    Was working great, but now my phone just keeps trying to reboot (will show able boot logo and flash on and off a few times, then go back off, then will try again). Not sure what to do now. Am bummed if I need to restore my phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coleman7 View Post
    Was working great, but now my phone just keeps trying to reboot (will show able boot logo and flash on and off a few times, then go back off, then will try again). Not sure what to do now. Am bummed if I need to restore my phone.
    Keep trying and then if you can use iFunbox to uninstall the package.

Thanks

An update is available in cydia but it's worsed than the original. My phone stock at restart after install and into safe mode after hard reboot. Don't waste your time and hard earn $$ on this.

Thanks

Why was it given 5/5 rating? Was it truly tested or just read the description and whatnot?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    An update is available in cydia but it's worsed than the original. My phone stock at restart after install and into safe mode after hard reboot. Don't waste your time and hard earn $$ on this.
    Update: Dev fix the issue on my iphone with the new updates. Big thank you!