Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Meet the Face Behind The Voice of Siri

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Meet the Face Behind The Voice of Siri

The voice to whom we've all expressed a multitude of practical, outlandish, and - at times- humorously inappropriate questions for our own amusement, is now more than just a voice.

Today, we got a glimpse of the face behind the voice of Siri.

Apple's voice-activated virtual assistant debuted two years ago. But today, Siri is making another debut. The original voice of Siri is a voiceover actor who provided recordings for a client eight years ago, only to become "Siri" on a device (the iPhone) that wasn't even invented when she made the initial recordings.

The voice actor is Susan Bennett of Atlanta, Georgia. Apple hasn't confirmed that Bennett is the voice of Siri, but Bennett says she is Siri and she sure sounds like the voice we've all toted around around on our mobile devices for the last few years.

An audio-forensics expert with 30 years of experience has studied both voices and says he is "100%" certain the two are the same.
    To see (and hear) for yourself, check out Bennett's debut interview on CNN today.

Source: CNN

If she only knew the things my wife ask her. Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Suddenly I regret asking for **** **** lulz
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-04-2013 at 09:33 PM.

I really don't understand. I read it and heard it but. The article suggests that they think it's her. And not confirmed by anybody.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry SIRI, you are not my girlfriend anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I really don't understand. I read it and heard it but. The article suggests that they think it's her. And not confirmed by anybody.
    Yes it was confirmed by one voice analyzer and it was 100% positive her. You can hear her and its her, plus that's her job... why doubt it?
    Last edited by javiert30; 10-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Siri responses to me that would be awesome
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-04-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 919 Posts

So who's my Siri as it's a male voice in the U.K.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlelisa63 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (10-04-2013), xWalmartCandyx (10-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    So who's my Siri as it's a male voice in the U.K.
    That's the voice I'm using too... I love that voice...

just wondering, but if ip4s has been out for 2yrss.. why did siri (sandy) just now come out of the closet? is she violating any NDA with apple?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    just wondering, but if ip4s has been out for 2yrss.. why did siri (sandy) just now come out of the closet? is she violating any NDA with apple?
    She didn't and don't work for apple, she didn't even know her voice was going to be used for SIRI. She work or used to work for one company as a voice actress for devices like GPS and Text to Speak for PCs regardless of the brand, in another interview she said the procedure they used to do it with her, once they record her voice some times she don't know where her voice are going to be used. She said she recorded that voice for SIRI as she know now in 2005 when only Steve Jobs knew his purpose, nobody else. She said somebody told her that voice looked like hers when iPhone 4 came out, she doesn't even have an iPhone, so she went to the apple site to watch and hear the video about SIRI and she said, Yes that's me. She have some different video interviews on You Tube where you can see all this.
    Last edited by javiert30; 10-04-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Why do they ask her to talk like a robot whenever she does recordings? Like why did they need her to sound like that for an airport?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    Apple bought the tech for Siri. So it was being developed long before Apple acquired it.

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    She didn't and don't work for apple, she didn't even know her voice was going to be used for SIRI. She work or used to work for one company as a voice actress for devices like GPS and Text to Speak for PCs regardless of the brand, in another interview she said the procedure they used to do it with her, once they record her voice some times she don't know where her voice are going to be used. She said she recorded that voice for SIRI as she know now in 2005 when only Steve Jobs knew his purpose, nobody else. She said somebody told her that voice looked like hers when iPhone 4 came out, she doesn't even have an iPhone, so she went to the apple site to watch and hear the video about SIRI and she said, Yes that's me. She have some different video interviews on You Tube where you can see all this.
    thanks.. i figured as much. but why come out now? why not 2yrs ago?

Thanks

I could a sworn apple said Siri had a new voice for iOS 7...I'm pretty sure this is the old Siri...

She probably got a pretty penny from Apple to. Also she does turn by turn navigation.

The old 2005 recordings aren't of complete words they are most likely individual syllables which become robot like when pieced back together as spoken words in a sentence.

I still have the original Siri app. Good times!