+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hacker Planetbeing Updates Us Once More on the Progress of the iOS 7 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Quickster How do i remove the Jailbreak from my phone and update to the latest firmware If ya want to go to 7.0.2 with ya phone put
    2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
    How do i remove the Jailbreak from my phone and update to the latest firmware
    If ya want to go to 7.0.2 with ya phone put ya phone in dfu mode and restore it threw iTunes as new.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for all the hard work guys.still wish their was a way to trick the servers and let people install any iOS they wanted. But anyway. Thanks again for the work and dedication and turning a great device into the greatest device.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

7.0.2 is as safe as 7.0

They have exploits but still aren't 100% on anything. I would upgrade now if i were you (before .3 comes out) and make sure to save shsh blobs so youc an downgrade if you need your jb.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

How do i remove the Jailbreak from my phone and update to the latest firmware
    If your on 6.1.2 I'd stay on there or if you have an iPhone 5 GSM black I'll trade you for one with iOS7 on it,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work guys.still wish their was a way to trick the servers and let people install any iOS they wanted. But anyway. Thanks again for the work and dedication and turning a great device into the greatest device.
    There is a way to do that. It's called TinyUmbrella. You just need to have the shsh signature saved from back when Apple was signing the version of iOS you want to install.

Modmyi and other jailbreak sites should be encouraging people to use TinyUmbrella to save shsh signatures for the supposedly "jailbreakable" versions of iOS 7 before the upgrades to 7.0.3 or 7.1 block any possible exploits.

Thanks
    I recommend updating to 0.7.2. It is ok if u stay with 6.1.4 because winocm is working on a jailbreak. He developed wont but it is very lucky. The evaders are farther from a jailbreak but they are making progress quickly. I have a feeling that both jailbreaks will come out at the same time. Anyone agrees with me?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I think 6.1.4 will be out before iOS 7

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazdaman80 View Post
    It might seem like a strange question, should I update to iOS 7 from my JB 6.1.*, but is it not worth pondering ?. What happens if apple update to 7.1 before a JB is released and it simultaneously closes the exploits that were being used, the JB would only work on firmwares below 7.1, then those waiting patiently on 6.1.* will have missed the boat on a iOS 7 untether. Think I could happily put up with no jailbreak for a few months to guarantee I could have a iOS 7 JB
    That's a good question that needs answering!

Quote Originally Posted by warthog3 View Post
    There is a way to do that. It's called TinyUmbrella. You just need to have the shsh signature saved from back when Apple was signing the version of iOS you want to install.

Modmyi and other jailbreak sites should be encouraging people to use TinyUmbrella to save shsh signatures for the supposedly "jailbreakable" versions of iOS 7 before the upgrades to 7.0.3 or 7.1 block any possible exploits.
    TinyUmbrella is useless for iPhone 4S with any IOS past 5.1.1, and completely useless for the iPhone 5, and 5S. Hence you can't restore to iOS 6+.
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 10-02-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TechKing101 View Post
    I recommend updating to 0.7.2. It is ok if u stay with 6.1.4 because winocm is working on a jailbreak. He developed wont but it is very lucky. The evaders are farther from a jailbreak but they are making progress quickly. I have a feeling that both jailbreaks will come out at the same time. Anyone agrees with me?
    I pressed the wrong letters on my keyboard. I meant to say that winocm developed a buggy jb

Thanks

I'm 6.1 lol. Patiently waiting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xwinger For This Useful Post:

nfsonofgod (10-02-2013)

Thanks

I Wonder If iOS 7 Jailbreak Comes Out Before iOS 6.1.4 *Facepalm*.
    BTW I Was On iOS 6.1 *Jailbroken* But I Upgraded To iOS 7 & I Dont Need Jailbreak That Much.. iOS 7 Got Most Of The Things Covered 👌
    👍

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a iOS 7 jailbreak for 6.1.3 (10B329) iPhone 4 or when will one be available
    what the hell do you mean?
    No there is no JB for iOS 7 YET.
    Yes there is a JB for 6.1.3 on iPhone 4, all A4 Devices and earlier.

on a side note, this is great news, i do however want to point out that these devs DONT HAVE to do what they're doing. As a matter of fact some of them actually stopped in between on twitter enough to help me with one of my iPhone iOS issues, and if they stopped for me, i can only imagine how many others they have helped.

Im not flaming on anyone or anything, and this doesnt go out to anyone in particular, but i must say that when i hop onto twitter and check out the new tweets, sometimes i get discouraged and for lack of a better descriptive word "Pissed off" when i see all the people constantly asking "is it ready yet?! when? eta?!?!?!?" So i can only imagine what the devs actually think when they see it, im sure they get pretty irritated too.

So all im saying is chill out fellas, because if it wasnt for them, what would a jailbreak even be? nothing.....it wouldnt exhist, wed still have flip phones lol.
    Try to show some appreciation to these boys, theyre kicking some serious ***, and they alone are countering software that a fortune 500 company probably paid millions in R&D create and secure, and theyre doing it in their livingroom/office/computer rooms all in their own time.

We should definitely give them some kind of gift or reward for this if/when its completed, anything for appreciation.

Anyway im really appreciate of all you devs and others that are on the project that are kind enough to share your software with us and help us all to enjoy that which is the "i"!

l4t3rz f3ll4s

Quote Originally Posted by TechKing101 View Post
    I do agree somewhat, however im sure winocm and evaders are going to talk amongst one another and most likely winocm will release his first, because if both get released im sure people will hop on the iOS 7 train, i still am reluctant to get off of 5.1.1 atm, for 2 reasons, first off ill lose my jailbreak, second my 4s is unlocked using a gpp sim, and although it works on iOS 7, it doesnt work fully yet, mms and 3g/4g dont work, whereas right now my 4g is working just fine as well as everything else...however, im little pissed with ios 5 right now because when someone texts or calls me their number shows up like this XXX-XXXXXXX instead of XXX-XXX-XXXX, and if i save it in contacts like that, and they text or call again it will show up like this +1(XXX)XXX-XXXX so i have to save it contacts in both formats in order to show a name when they contact me....that sucks....
    Last edited by MasterSe7en; 10-02-2013 at 09:21 PM.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

I think its gonna be a couple month before we see a public jailbreak for IOS 7

Thanks

A recent MMi article advised that it was OK to update to 7.0.2 Im staying on 7.0 just in case :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    why do i think that this jailbreak wont happen until the next ipad is released
    Agreed but better that they take their time and get something Solid out there in terms of jailbreak, I can wait (advantage of having more then 1 device, if im really craving to see what's in cydia, I got to my iPhone 4 on 6.1.2). =)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,406 Times in 6,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    A recent MMi article advised that it was OK to update to 7.0.2 Im staying on 7.0 just in case :]
    This info came straight from the devs. To JB an old firmware is not going to do most people any good (except for 6.1.3/4). How would the masses be able to use it?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok for those of us on newer devices that are unable to downgrade should we update to 7.0.2 without a jb so we can secure our position for an iOS 7 jb? If the jailbreaks is released for 7.0.2 AFTER the 7.0.3 or 7.1 update then there'd be no way for us to get to that FW anymore. I hope that makes sense. I can't imagine that if 7.0.3/7.1 breaks the exploits that the evaders will not go ahead and release a jb for 7.0.2 even if its not ready till after the new FW release.
    That would suck if we stayed on 6.1.2 jb and we missed the chance to upgrade to a jail breakable FW. Hopefully it'll be released before apple uodates.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Ok for those of us on newer devices that are unable to downgrade should we update to 7.0.2 without a jb so we can secure our position for an iOS 7 jb? If the jailbreaks is released for 7.0.2 AFTER the 7.0.3 or 7.1 update then there'd be no way for us to get to that FW anymore. I hope that makes sense. I can't imagine that if 7.0.3/7.1 breaks the exploits that the evaders will not go ahead and release a jb for 7.0.2 even if its not ready till after the new FW release.
    That would suck if we stayed on 6.1.2 jb and we missed the chance to upgrade to a jail breakable FW. Hopefully it'll be released before apple uodates.
    That's a question they can't answer. Only time will tell so it's up to you really.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12