Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Adds More Cities to Their 4G LTE Coverage Map

Default AT&T Adds More Cities to Their 4G LTE Coverage Map

On Wednesday, AT&T made the announcement that the carrier had turned on its 4G LTE cellular network in another handful of cities in the United States.

Those new United States cities that can now connect to, and use, AT&T's 4G LTE network include:

• Brenham, Texas
    • Cordele, Georgia
    • Dublin, Georgia
    • Lake Charles, Louisiana
    • Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
    • Natchez, Mississipppi
    • Picayune, Mississippi
    • Port Angeles, Washington
    • Selma, Alabama
    • Vero Beach, Florida

For those that are still waiting on AT&Tís 4G LTE cellular coverage, AT&T plans to have over 50 additional markets supported by the end of 2013. For the time being, users can still take advantage of AT&T's 4G HSPA+ network, which is slightly faster than AT&T's 3G network.

4G LTE offers a theoretical download speed of around 100Mb/s; but, due to the realities of network congestion in real-life scenarios, download speeds on 4G LTE in real-life situations are more realistically around 20-60Mb/s.

Many of Apple's latest devices, including the iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPad Mini, and iPad with retina display can take advantage of AT&T's 4G LTE network, as well as many non-Apple handsets.

Sources: AT&T

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (10-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait till I have it in Great Falls Montana!!

Thanks

I get it here in RI thankfully!

Thanks for the info !

tell them to add more iPhone 5Ss to their inventory

Got 50mbps down where I live in utah! I'm amazed lte actually reached those speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Got 50mbps down where I live in utah! I'm amazed lte actually reached those speeds.

Id like to see that proof, because I have a hard time believing LTE is even capable of 50 down, much less on AT&T's crappy platform, unless youre the ONLY user connected to a tower that's sitting on top of a backbone, and even then I think 50 is outside the technical capabilities of LTE (although Id have to look it up.)

Regardless, ATT needs to focus on QUALITY coverage where they already have it, NOT expanding ****** coverage to more places. Id die to get back with VZW. I much prefer the all or nothing coverage with VZW, granted there are a few places where you get NOTHGIN instead of a 1 bar with ATT, but when you have coverage it blows ATT away, and there are far fewer dead spots and smoke and mirrors coverage than att. Living in the 4th largest city in the US, it is pathetic that there are numerous places where you will show coverage, and then cant get ANY data, or you have to try 10x to make a call. And I don't care if its over capacity towers or if its just crappy design, because VZW doesn't suffer from it here.