+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reinstates In-Store Pickup Option for iPhone 5S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Last Tuesday, MMi confirmed that Apple halted the in-store pickup option for buyers who purchased their new iPhone 5S online. The option had first become available to shoppers just 24
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Reinstates In-Store Pickup Option for iPhone 5S

Last Tuesday, MMi confirmed that Apple halted the in-store pickup option for buyers who purchased their new iPhone 5S online. The option had first become available to shoppers just 24 hours earlier.

In response to overwhelming demand and limited supply, Apple had no choice but to suspend this convenience... that is, until today. As of Monday, iPhone 5S buyers are once again seeing in-store pickup as an option during check-out.

Curiously, however, this change of course today doesn't mean that Apple's supply problem is improving. In fact, new iPhone 5S orders come only with the notification that shipment will take place in October. We don't know if that means early, mid, or late October.

Although Apple confirmed one week ago that it sold 9 million new iPhones in their opening sales weekend, the company hasn't provided any details since to indicate whether or not the sales momentum has continued. By all accounts, industry analysts say, the pace of sales has likely picked up in recent days.

Source: Apple

Thanks

Wow... I've been reading this on yahoo for 2 days. You are just a little late. Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow nice for Apple, 9 million iphones sold, but only 5 million shipped. I wonder how many people will be canceling their orders soon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're ordering a gold iphone figure late October at the earliest. I ordered mine at 3:03am est on the 20th and I got a second week of october ship time. So it was a 3 week wait minutes from the time they started taking orders. None in any stores near me, not even in other states near me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How about T-Mobile iPhones? Can one get one at Apple Store?

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vazzana View Post
    How about T-Mobile iPhones? Can one get one at Apple Store?
    Yeah, go to the apple web store and then choose in store pickup and it will let you know if any near you have any in stock.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

vazzana (10-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Yeah, go to the apple web store and then choose in store pickup and it will let you know if any near you have any in stock.
    Which at this time are just about none. Why open in-store pickup, if there are none in store for pickup...
    iPad 2 5.1.1 Jailbroken with Absinthe 2.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone ecofrankenstein's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered my iPhone 5S the Friday it came out from Sprint. Received it Tuesday and am very happy with it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    If you're ordering a gold iphone figure late October at the earliest. I ordered mine at 3:03am est on the 20th and I got a second week of october ship time. So it was a 3 week wait minutes from the time they started taking orders. None in any stores near me, not even in other states near me.
    You may get it sooner. I went into an AT&T store last week on the 23rd in hopes of ordering a 32gb in silver, an employee told me that their computers were saying it was 21-28 days before the phone would arrive at their location and 28-35 days for the gold. So I sad eff that. The next day I ordered one off the AT&T website, said it would ship within 7-14 days, well it's only been 6 days since then and FedEx says it's out for delivery today....so yeah.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HTheory For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (10-01-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends on your carrier I think. I ordered mine on the 21st and the shipping date says October....

I'm on AT&T.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    It depends on your carrier I think. I ordered mine on the 21st and the shipping date says October....

I'm on AT&T.
    I'm on AT&T as well, I ordered mine on the 24th and I got it today. It might just be that I'm lucky LOL

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered mine (i5S Gold) from ATT on Sep 20 and it initially said ship time would be Oct 1 - Oct 31 but I got an email saying it was shipped out on Sat (Sep 28) and it is out for delivery today, Mon. Sep 30. Counting all days from the day I ordered it till today ~10 days. Not too bad...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    I ordered mine (i5S Gold) from ATT on Sep 20 and it initially said ship time would be Oct 1 - Oct 31 but I got an email saying it was shipped out on Sat (Sep 28) and it is out for delivery today, Mon. Sep 30. Counting all days from the day I ordered it till today ~10 days. Not too bad...
    For a gold 5S, that's damn good!! I believe retail stores are giving you the worst case scenario, cause they told me 21-28 days and I got mine in 6.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HTheory View Post
    I'm on AT&T as well, I ordered mine on the 24th and I got it today. It might just be that I'm lucky LOL

Which model did you get? I got the 64gig white.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    Which model did you get? I got the 64gig white.
    I got a 32gb silver/white.