Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'TouchSniper' Puts Crosshairs On the Display Wherever You Tap or Swipe

Default 'TouchSniper' Puts Crosshairs On the Display Wherever You Tap or Swipe

To add that final, minimalistic, but cool effect to your iOS device, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called TouchSniper by iOS developer Shmoopi.

This tweak will show a set of crosshairs anywhere on the display that you tap or swipe with your finger, as shown above. The crosshairs add a really neat effect to the screen.

When you install TouchSniper, you will find a new preferences pane in the Settings application that lets you enable and disable the tweak on demand, as well as choose a size of the crosshairs via a slider:

There are also some links for contacting the developer if you have any problems, requesting features for the future, and submitting bugs.

The developer of TouchSniper also just recently released Show My Touch, another touch-tracking tweak, which we showed you last week. It's slightly different from TouchSniper in that a gray circle trail follows your finger, rather than a set of crosshairs.

If you want to give TouchSniper a try, it's available at no cost in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: TouchSniper
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Shmoopi
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

I dont get it.. Whats the use? Since u rate it 4 out of 5.. It must be useful .. ?

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    I dont get it.. Whats the use? Since u rate it 4 out of 5.. It must be useful .. ?
    You can use it as a mouse like thing if you are recording your screen

I usually see ppl who do app/tweak reviews use a feature like this so you can see exactly what they are clicking on remotely.

It also improves your accuracy for times when fine tuning becomes a challenge.

I see the breasts version of this app coming soon.

This is an important step in the right direction for screencasting. Next steps should include ways of representing all touch events. Tap, pinch and zoom top the list but there is much more. Display Recorder (Brian Petrich) does some of this too.
    It's unlikely that Apple will approve a feature such a this but you never know. Might be worth a shot.

Taking into consideration that it's cool

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Scheuerle (09-29-2013)

I will use it when teaching. It will provide the students with more information when I use my iPad through a projector. Switch it on for class, switch it off for daily use. Perfect.👍

Quote Originally Posted by Scheuerle View Post
    I will use it when teaching. It will provide the students with more information when I use my iPad through a projector. Switch it on for class, switch it off for daily use. Perfect.👍
    Also, as stated, it's cool... and free.
    Last edited by Scheuerle; 09-29-2013 at 07:10 PM.

ahh ok i get it... thanks for the explanations

12. The Following User Says Thank You to d_animality For This Useful Post:

Scheuerle (09-29-2013)