+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple CEO Tim Cook Meeting with Carl Icahn on Monday

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple CEO Tim Cook Meeting with Carl Icahn on Monday

Last month, billionaire investor Carl Icahn disclosed on Twitter that his holding company has taken a “larger position” in Apple. The reason, he claimed, is that Apple has become “extremely undervalued” and the bargain-priced shares were ripe for the picking.

Given that shares of Apple seem to be steadier than usual today - thanks in part to the share-buoying effects of Apple's new iPhones - Icahn's gamble may pay off. All told, Apple's future on Wall Street and the company's plans for further innovation will likely come up on Monday when Apple CEO Tim Cook sits down for dinner with Icahn.

The planned meeting is an outgrowth of a Tweet Icahn made in August that flagged his interest in Apple's massive share buyback. Earlier this month, Icahn said he had purchased "quite a bit" of Apple stock, and said adding to his position was "a no-brainer."
    CNBC confirmed the Monday meeting and reiterated that Icahn's stake in the company is now believed to be worth in excess of $2 billion

Source: CNBC

Thanks

I just noted he is using an old style Avaya IP phone with a side car. I'll have to talk to him about upgrading to a 9650 :] If I had 2 billion, i'd invest at least 1/2 in Apple. Call me crazy but they know how to return an investment and then some!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I just noted he is using an old style Avaya IP phone with a side car. I'll have to talk to him about upgrading to a 9650 :] If I had 2 billion, i'd invest at least 1/2 in Apple. Call me crazy but they know how to return an investment and then some!
    LOL looks like a 4625