Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Brings 4G LTE to Another Handful of U.S. Cities

Default AT&T Brings 4G LTE to Another Handful of U.S. Cities

AT&T has been beefing up their 4G LTE network coverage all year long in small bursts. The carrier’s plan is to support another 50 cities in the United States before the end of 2013.

The carrier has announced that yet more United States cities can now take advantage of its 4G LTE network. Those cities include:

• Bellingham, Washington
    • Carson City, Nevada
    • East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    • Joplin, Missouri
    • Portsmouth, Ohio
    • Marysville, California
    • San Angelo, Texas
    • Statesboro, Georgia

4G LTE offers a theoretical download speed of around 100Mb/s; however, due to the unfortunate realities of real-time network congestion, true download speeds on 4G LTE in real-life situations are closer to 20-60Mb/s.

In addition, those that are out of reach of AT&T's 4G LTE network will be able to take advantage of AT&T's 4G HSPA+ network, which offers a small speed boost over the 3G network.

Many of Apple's latest devices, including the iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPad Mini, and iPad with retina display can take advantage of 4G LTE.

Sources: AT&T
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-26-2013 at 11:01 AM.

It's kind of unbelievable how far they are from verizon. I'm with AT&T and it sucks having to list to people brag about how they have lte and I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    It's kind of unbelievable how far they are from verizon. I'm with AT&T and it sucks having to list to people brag about how they have lte and I don't.
    i know that each market is different... however where i am (just outside Boston area)... AT&T's LTE is twice is fast as Verizon. I have co-workers on Verizon and we run different speed tests with our iPhones side by side... AT&T is consistently getting about 50MB where Verizon consistently gets about 25MB.

Hopefully, wherever you are, AT&T rolls out the LTE soon for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Well if you live in the middle of nowhere obviously you are not going to get LTE. Move to some place nicer. I live in California in the middle of the mountains and I get blazing fast LTE. Guess it is the perks of living in the best place in the world =D

20 miles west of Spokane Wa on I-90. Edge. Not even 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    At&t plans are less expensive than Verizon and I still have grandfathered $30 unlimited data on my I5
    Hey i'm getting my 5s soon and I have a grandfathered unlimited ($30), will I have to give it up? Did you?

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    20 miles west of Spokane Wa on I-90. Edge. Not even 3G.
    Let me guess you live near a National Park??? Been through that hell before. AT&T can't upgrade it's equipment in/near a National Park. I get protecting the environment but the Feds need to let cellular providers with old towers at least upgrade them to current standards. National Parks leave huge dark zones on every providers coverage map.