Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung and HTC Follow Apple's Lead by Introducing Gold Option for Flagship Smartphones

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    That gold phone was for the Russian Olympic team only.

Sbsettings, card switcher, lockscreen clock hide or lockinfo, Apple created the digital music marketplace so who cares

NO ONE cares that you are able to use google image search.
    I'm sure Samsung released the GOLD phone as a tribute to the gold phone 10 years ago and it has nothing to do with Apple doing so. Keep telling yourself they didn't just do what Apple did just b/c Apple did it.

The power control was in the jailbreak community long before iOS7 and not exactly innovation; just necessary at this point. It's really nothing more than a shortcut to what is already built it and not ground breaking.

Do you think multitasking should somehow be different? This is really no different than a preview feature offered on countless electronics from TV's to PC's like Windows Vista long before a smart phone was around.

The lock screens are the same b/c they have a similar background and has the time? They both act and perform different on each device.

Music? You mean Android innovated album covers being shown while a song plays? That's brilliant. No other music company has ever associated the 2. This is genius. Oh wait, Apple music looks just like iTunes and follows the same standard look Apple has always done on their devices and even in their commercials.

Most innovations on a smart phone have been elsewhere in one form or another and the smart phone is just about packing all those features into 1 device that fits in you pocket.
    Last edited by REMED1AL; 09-26-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    yeah becasue everything apple does isnt copying someone else half of ios7's new features are ripped from android
    Correction, ripped off from Jailbreak tweak developers. Some of these features were available on jailbroken iPhones long before any android phones carried them.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    yeah becasue everything apple does isnt copying someone else half of ios7's new features are ripped from android
    From what I know a lot of features are ripped from cidya and modders world over. a lot of android apps were borrowed from the modding community as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    LOOOOOOL. Wow, guys. Just wow.

Everyone keeps getting this wrong. Half of iOS 7's features are ripped from the jailbreak community—which is an extremely smart move on their part considering what people jailbreak phones for is obviously what they want on iOS.
    +1
    Last edited by kalpesh78; 09-26-2013 at 07:20 AM.

What do you expect when these people see the world through their Android lenses with hatred for Apple. I can understand not liking the phone and preferring another style, company, os whatever.... But to completely ignore the historical facts and not even admit that the entire Android line would look more like a blackberry circa 2008 than what they have today is insane. Plus the biggest gift apple gave us was freedom from carrier owned and operated application stores, that up until the iPhone were terribly over priced, under functional and severely fragmented due to carriers adopting java, or brew on the same hardware another carrier offered. They saved us from carriers crippling phone features like bluetooth just because they didn't want to give it away. So everyone can thank apple for that because even if you don't like their products, you've benefitted from this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drgonz0 For This Useful Post:

luvmytj (09-26-2013)

God I hope this isn't a trend. That's all we need. Everything made out of that ugly *** fake gold.

Thats just sad! Get creative samsung.

Gold is ugly. But really, who cares if they copied a stupid color. Most phones are available in black and white too. They might as well cash out on the folks who want bling bling gold phones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Gold is ugly. But really, who cares if they copied a stupid color. Most phones are available in black and white too. They might as well cash out on the folks who want bling bling gold phones.
    Gold is best... best, best, best

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh Samsung, you are so droll. It's just another in a long line of "monkey see, monkey do" hacks you have shown us for these last few years. Follow the leader Samsung, follow the leader.

Gold is best!
    I ordered my gold phone here - ww.GiveMeGoldPhoneNow/okIGotYou/ThanksRaffiYouTheMan_YouGotItMan\GoldIsBest.Yes

Vid - http://youtu.be/9p_FzRW_Vv4
    Last edited by luvmytj; 09-26-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Gold on a phone is so incredibly ugly

Thanks
    Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Oh Samsung, you are so droll. It's just another in a long line of "monkey see, monkey do" hacks you have shown us for these last few years. Follow the leader Samsung, follow the leader.

Gold is best!
    I ordered my gold phone here - ww.GiveMeGoldPhoneNow/okIGotYou/ThanksRaffiYouTheMan_YouGotItMan\GoldIsBest.Yes

Vid - http://youtu.be/9p_FzRW_Vv4
    That website doesn't work!?!? I bet its because its missing the hashtag at the end of it. I'll try that! 😉😂

[QUOTE=Schnedi;6948864]and 10 years ago (2003)...

Using the same idea that was just brought hot & fresh to the market is called "follow the lead" or "copy the DESIGN", on the other hand, using a similar idea (with modification) that was on the market long time ago and is long forgotten by the customers is called "recreate a fashion" or "initiate a brave design challenge".

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    That website doesn't work!?!? I bet its because its missing the hashtag at the end of it. I'll try that! ����
    Haha... you have to watch the video to understand. Remember, gold is best!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Haha... you have to watch the video to understand. Remember, gold is best!
    Funniest thing I've seen in a long while

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    LOOOOOOL. Wow, guys. Just wow.

Everyone keeps getting this wrong. Half of iOS 7's features are ripped from the jailbreak community—which is an extremely smart move on their part considering what people jailbreak phones for is obviously what they want on iOS.
    Proof? No, of course not.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Proof? No, of course not.
    Could ask you the same question on most of your posts.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

dhamien (09-26-2013), King_O_Hill (09-26-2013), slim.jim (09-26-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Could ask you the same question on most of your posts.
    show me the jailbreak app that updates your apps for you automatically? apple copied, live with it.

show me the jailbreak app that lets you use one log in the way Google does., and now iOS has iCloud keychain !!

Airdrop? Google up WiFi direct. again, apple copied it and stuck their logo on it.

hit me up if you want more proof.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    HAHA! Didn't take long> Follow the leader.
    Gold iPhone 5S? Whatever Apple, Samsung's Been Making Gold Devices For Years

i was 101% sure that the big copy cat Samsung will do follow it as the firm has been a tendency of duplicating everything that get a good response from a mass

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    show me the jailbreak app that updates your apps for you automatically? apple copied, live with it.

show me the jailbreak app that lets you use one log in the way Google does., and now iOS has iCloud keychain !!

Airdrop? Google up WiFi direct. again, apple copied it and stuck their logo on it.

hit me up if you want more proof.

Gold iPhone 5S? Whatever Apple, Samsung's Been Making Gold Devices For Years
    1: Auto app updater in cydia. There was also a cydia app/tweak auto updater a few years ago that would lookup cydia tweaks and auto update, forget the name of it though.

2: Keychain? You mean like Mac OSX has had since before android and iOS were even in the picture? Ya sure, Google came up with a unifying password system first :sarcasm:
    Password pilot in Cydia can also function in a similar fashion.

3: Never heard of Google up wifi direct. Don't use airdrop either though so this part just gets a big meh from me.

Saw that link with Samsungs gold phones from the past. Never really got it quite right did they? Those are a who's who of cheap, gaudy phones. I just got a gold 5S today and gotta say it is neither cheap or gaudy looking. The gold is very understated (hence the champagne moniker people have been using). Sexy is the word I would use for it.

HTC one is sexy too though. Funny how I can appreciate both sides huh. Give it a try why don't ya. Maybe one day you will realize EVERYONE borrows ideas from others and puts their own takes and improvements on them. Apple has done it. Samsung has done it. Windows was born from it. Fact is iOS owes way more to the jailbreak community than it does google or samsung. The single biggest feature of both android and iOS started way back in the 1.X iOS days with installer. The App Store and play store both came way after that.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (09-28-2013)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast