+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Extend AppleCare+ Coverage by Lifting Geographic Limitations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple to Extend AppleCare+ Coverage by Lifting Geographic Limitations

It was recently revealed that Apple has changed the terms and conditions tied to AppleCare+ and will be lifting geographic limitations on support. This means that travelers can get their device serviced outside of their home country if they end up in a situation where they might need to. As noted by the folks over at TechCrunch, the recent policy change allows owners to take in products for repair in any country where AppleCare+ is offered , lifting previous restrictions that limited service to the country in which the plan was purchased. Devices eligible for said change include the iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Apple displays and Mac models.

One thing to note here is that replacement and repairs may not be offered in all countries. The publication offers the CDMA version of the iPhone 5 as an example of said exclusion, pointing out that the handset can’t be serviced or replacements in countries where it isn’t sold such as Brazil.

Blogger Sonny Dickson posted two documents pertaining to the upcoming AppleCare+ changes to Twitter with one of the “leaked” pages noting that the international servicing for the iPhone 5 will begin on Friday.

The changes are likely a part of Apple’s continued effort to overhaul its post-sales services. The changes were first seen when the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C were unveiled on September 10, where it was announced that the AppleCare+ for iPhone per-incident deductible would be raised to $79, up from the previous $49.

Just to keep everyone informed, you should note that AppleCare+ is currently available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod in Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, the UK and the US.

Source: Sonny Dickson (Twitter), TechCrunch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

About time, seriously. I bought an iphone from the USA brought it to canada, i went swimmin with it, they said we cannot fix it cuz its an american phone.. -_- no **** they all say "design in cali. made in chian" so yeah i do have an american phone, and so does everyone else with the iphone. Any ways, By doing this they will definitely get more customers. I know a couple of people who didnt want one for this reason, its not worth it for them, THey might as well buy a computer at 1/2 the price for the same amount of power and had no support.