Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'QuickHide' Makes it Easy to Hide Your Screen From Nosy People

Default 'QuickHide' Makes it Easy to Hide Your Screen From Nosy People

Many of us can relate to a situation where people have peered over our shoulders at our iOS devices in the middle of a personal text, or another form of private doing that we didnít want anyone else to see.

Itís difficult to prevent the presence of nosy people, but you can at least protect yourself and your private moments from nosy people with a new free jailbreak tweak called QuickHide by iOS developer william_vab.

With this tweak, you will be able to quickly hide whatís on your screen from nosy people by simply putting your finger over your deviceís proximity sensor. When your finger is put there, the screen will turn off, and will only turn back on after you have removed your finger. By doing this instead of locking and unlocking your iOS device, you won't have to re-enter your passcode or unlock your device to return to what you were doing when the nosy person goes away.

The next time someone nosy peers over your shoulder and asks who you're talking to and what youíre talking about, you can confidently tell them you have no idea what theyíre talking about as you show them your screen, which isnít even on.

If you want to give QuickHide a try, it's available for free on Cydia's ModMyi repository.

Name: QuickHide
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: william_vab
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Thanks

Do that a couple times around your girlfriend and see what happens...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (09-25-2013)

There needs to be an activator gesture for the proximity censor that works like that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    There needs to be an activator gesture for the proximity censor that works like that.
    This is where I thought this tweak was going... A quick activator gesture seems like it would be much quicker than trying to pinpoint the proximity sensor with your finger. Plus, how long do you have to hold it down? Depending on how short that time is, it could make for some accidental screen blackouts that might lead to frustration. Regardless, it's a pretty good idea for a tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    The sleep button?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Do that a couple times around your girlfriend and see what happens...
    Haha my girlfriend left me because she said she wants to date niall from one direction instead. I was like *****, good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iH85CH001 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (09-25-2013)