+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Arco' Beautifies the Status Bar Play Indicator, All Money Goes to Fight Neuroblastoma

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Arco' Beautifies the Status Bar Play Indicator, All Money Goes to Fight Neuroblastoma

The Status Bar in iOS shows a little play icon whenever you play media, such as songs. It’s there so that if you leave the media application, you know that media is being played. When you stop playing the media, the play icon disappears from the Status Bar. Unfortunately, it's a little boring.

A new jailbreak tweak called Arco by iOS developer Jack Willis and Auxo-designer Sentry_NC makes the play icon a little more functional, and prettier to look at.

As shown above, the play icon still shows, but a new ring that appears around the icon shows you the progress of the currently playing media. A song that was halfway complete would show a half-lit up circle, and so on. The circle moves in real time while the media plays:

In addition, if you pause the media that you’re listening to, Arco will show a pause icon with the current progress of the song, instead of completely hiding the play icon like Apple does:

Arco seems to be a really nice touch to iOS. It definitely gives the user more information than they had before, and it looks good in doing so. The tweak is compatible with iOS 6.1 and later, and can be downloaded from Cydia’s BigBoss repository for just 99. There are no options to configure.

Notably, all money that is generated from the sale of this tweak will be donated to the Because Of Ezra charity, which works to fight Neuroblastoma and pediatric Cancer in children. iOS developer Filippo Bigarella hosted a similar jailbreak tweak called LivelyIcons where all generated money was also donated to the cause.

Name: Arco
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.1-2
    Requirements: iOS 6.1+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Jack Willis, Sentry_NC
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Love this tweak. It gives a new look to my phone while listening to music.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why would anyone download this?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zachfawaz For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (09-24-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zachfawaz View Post
    Why would anyone download this?
    1. Because the goes to a VERY good cause
    2. Because its a nice little tweak. Subtle and understated.

Maybe the question should have been "why would anyone +1 your post?"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    1. Because the goes to a VERY good cause
    2. Because its a nice little tweak. Subtle and understated.

Maybe the question should have been "why would anyone +1 your post?"
    There is no proof. Don't be so naive and believe everything you read idiot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,969 Times in 875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zachfawaz View Post
    There is no proof. Don't be so naive and believe everything you read idiot.
    Wow, I have to say, that's a pretty harsh reply.

There is actually quite a lot of proof. The charity this tweak Arco supports is the "Because of Ezra" foundation created by co-founder and owner of Modmyi.com, Kyle Matthews, in honor of his son Ezra Matthews who passed away from neuroblastoma cancer almost three years ago. I personally gave a presentation at the Worldwide Jailbreak Convention (WWJC) in New York City just last month and spoke about the "E is for Ezra" theme that me and a few other theme artists designed a couple years ago following Ezra's passing that donated (and still donates as the theme continues to sell) over $13,500 directly to the Because of Ezra foundation that seeks to fund medical research to find a cure for neuroblastoma cancer. During my presentation at WWJC I introduced the second edition of the E is for Ezra theme; Ezra2 - another ios theme that donates all the money raised through sales directly to the Because of Ezra charity. I also extended a request for all ios jailbreak developers and artists in attendance to consider supporting the cause themselves with donations of their own works. The creator of this tweak Arco, Jack Willis (co-creator of Auxo) was in attendance and took my request to heart, and hence created the charity-based tweak you just called out. I had multiple conversations with he and Sentry_NC, the co-creator of Auxo and this tweak prior to it's release and they are only interested in helping the fight against pediatric cancer that Kyle Matthews and his wife Robin have been fighting for years now.

I can understand your reluctance to beleive the money for this tweak is legitimately going to the cause it claims to, but I can personally assure you it is. For more information please feel free to visit the foundation's website Because of Ezra, and I encourage you to view my presentation at WWJC where I asked for the support you see manifested in this tweak -- WWJC Jailbreakcon 2013 Ezra 2 TCcentex Tim Collins Presentation - YouTube
    Last edited by TCcentex; 09-26-2013 at 09:48 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (09-26-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post

There is actually quite a lot of proof. The charity this tweak Arco supports is the "Because of Ezra" foundation created by co-founder and owner of Modmyi.com, Kyle Matthews, in honor of his son Ezra Matthews who passed away from neuroblastoma cancer almost three years ago. I personally gave a presentation at the Worldwide Jailbreak Convention (WWJC) in New York City just last month and spoke about the "E is for Ezra" theme that me and a few other theme artists designed a couple years ago following Ezra's passing that donated (and still donates as the theme continues to sell) over $13,500 directly to the Because of Ezra foundation that seeks to fund medical research to find a cure for neuroblastoma cancer. During my presentation at WWJC I introduced the second edition of the E is for Ezra theme; Ezra2 - another ios theme that donates all the money raised through sales directly to the Because of Ezra charity. I also extended a request for all ios jailbreak developers and artists in attendance to consider supporting the cause themselves with donations of their own works. The creator of this tweak Arco, Jack Willis (co-creator of Auxo) was in attendance and took my request to heart, and hence created the charity-based tweak you just called out. I had multiple conversations with he and Sentry_NC, the co-creator of Auxo and this tweak prior to it's release and they are only interested in helping the fight against pediatric cancer that Kyle Matthews and his wife Robin have been fighting for years now.

I can understand your reluctance to beleive the money for this tweak is legitimately going to the cause it claims to, but I can personally assure you it is. For more information please feel free to visit the foundation's website Because of Ezra, and I encourage you to view my presentation at WWJC where I asked for the support you see manifested in this tweak -- WWJC Jailbreakcon 2013 Ezra 2 TCcentex Tim Collins Presentation - YouTube
    Thanks for the clarification. As long it's for a cause, $1 is nothing for me. And it means a lot to the foundation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post

Boom! Roasted!