Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 Almost There, Needs Work

Default Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 Almost There, Needs Work

On the day of the iOS 7 release, iOS hacker Winocm published a video on YouTube demonstrating the jailbreak on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. The video didn’t only prove that the jailbreak worked, but also that it was preliminary and was in need of refining.

The hacker is known to be working on the untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 on a select number of devices, and has spoken out on Monday about the progress of the jailbreak.

The hacker notes that it “needs work,” but is “almost there.” He doesn't have any sort of specific ETA for the jailbreak just yet.

The jailbreak will not support iOS 7, as the exploits used are only usable on the iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 firmwares.

As more information surfaces, we will keep you updated.

Sources: Winocm
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-23-2013 at 09:20 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (09-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Hope it will support iPad mini. Put mine back to 6.1.3 just before signing window closed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Interesting...

Seems like a waste of time to me other than for gaining the experience on the part of the hacker. Personally I no longer care about 6.anything with 7.0 out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Seems like a waste of time to me other than for gaining the experience on the part of the hacker.
    Not a waste of time for those that never had the chance to be on 6.1.2 or lower. This will almost certainly come out way before an iOS7 jailbreak.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (09-23-2013), King_O_Hill (09-23-2013), lilpetabread (09-23-2013), NewdestinyX (09-24-2013)

Seems like a waste of time to me other than for gaining the experience on the part of the hacker. Personally I no longer care about 6.anything with 7.0 out.
    People with a 3GS will want to have a jailbreak for life. All versions of iOS should be jailbroken, even when they're not supported by apple anymore.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

Scheuerle (09-24-2013)

I have my own reason for not caring, he blocked me from following him on twitter

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LaddersRCool For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (09-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LaddersRCool View Post
    I have my own reason for not caring, he blocked me from following him on twitter
    You keep asking for ETA lmao!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jj2345 For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (09-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    You keep asking for ETA lmao!!
    If that's the case, I don't blame him.

Thanks

Thumbs up +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    People with a 3GS will want to have a jailbreak for life. All versions of iOS should be jailbroken, even when they're not supported by apple anymore.

I am with this all the way, unluckily for me my iPhone 4 wont update or install Ios 7, and i am at 6.1.3 and will want a permanent jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet, let's get it going!

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone Prime View Post
    I am with this all the way, unluckily for me my iPhone 4 wont update or install Ios 7, and i am at 6.1.3 and will want a permanent jailbreak.
    Stay on 6 I hear 7 on and iPhone 4 runs horrid.

Worthless news & anyone with less than a 4S needs to upgrade device bad!

iOS7 JB news plz

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Stay on 6 I hear 7 on and iPhone 4 runs horrid.
    Not horrible but pretty bad... Some home screen bugs, multitasking bugs and of course a little battery draining every one or twice

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone Prime View Post
    You're doing it wrong. iOS 7 can be update all the way back to iPhone 4.

what bugs?

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

It ain't worthless for all you haters out there, as they are using exploits that ARE PATCHED on iOS7.
    Besides, this will give people a chance who got their iPhones later than 6.1.2 getting closed for restores (Tmobile, anyone?) or one's who got their iPhone's replaced due to hardware issues.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,244 Posts

Also, some of our employers REQUIRED us to update from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3/4 in order to still be on their Enterprise Network. I really like iOS 7 but I'd rather have a jailbroken iPad Mini than the newest firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Not horrible but pretty bad... Some home screen bugs, multitasking bugs and of course a little battery draining every one or twice
    I read an article that stated iphone 4's lose turn by turn navigation. That is the reason why I'm not updating my parents phones to 7. Would be happy to see this jailbreak for sure.

Can't we all just get along?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kosher1 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-24-2013), Scheuerle (09-24-2013)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast