+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 Almost There, Needs Work

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Who needs 6 jailbreak when 7 is out there? Moreover, we do have a jailbreak already for 6 so whats the point in jailbreaking 6.xxxxxx?
    Thanks

Who needs 6 jailbreak when 7 is out there? Moreover, we do have a jailbreak already for 6 so whats the point in jailbreaking 6.xxxxxx?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,611 Times in 1,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Seems like a waste of time to me other than for gaining the experience on the part of the hacker. Personally I no longer care about 6.anything with 7.0 out.
    Luckily you're not putting the 6.1.3/6.1.4 JB together then! I couldn't care for the life of me for iOS7! Definitely a downgrade that buggy public released iOS!
    #Substandard

Quote Originally Posted by Haseeb Jamal View Post
    Really? So many ppl missed out on the last great iOS (6) so they either have no JB opportunity on 6.1.3/6.1.4 or update to 7...

I for one think @IH8sn0w & @winocm are doing a great job filling the void of the 6.0-6.1.2 JB.

Kudos to them
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 09-24-2013 at 03:43 AM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-24-2013), Scheuerle (09-24-2013), Simon (09-24-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Agree with ya jato. I for one think they doing a great job.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-24-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

That's cool that they are doing this. I'm actually surprised. I didn't think they would bother developing a jailbreak for 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 and would totally focus on iOS 7. This should hold folks over until they get a JB for iOS 7. Good stuff. Was anyone able to downgrade an iPhone 5S to 6.1.4 and get a JB on it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Was anyone able to downgrade an iPhone 5S to 6.1.4 and get a JB on it?
    That's impossible. First, you can't downgrade an ip5S/C. Second, there's no jailbreak for 6.1.4, yet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

ABOSWORTH (09-26-2013)

Thanks

My iPad 2 is still on 5.0.1 for a reason..its still JBroken :] Why would JBreaking an older firmware be deemed a waste? Oh wait that is your "opinion" ahh got it haha.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-24-2013), primalscream.40 (09-24-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me primalscream.40's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    My iPad 2 is still on 5.0.1 for a reason..its still JBroken :] Why would JBreaking an older firmware be deemed a waste? Oh wait that is your "opinion" ahh got it haha.
    Amen +1000

Thanks
    Thanked 8,841 Times in 4,439 Posts

Though all I read about iOS7 convinced me it's a game changer as iOSes go.. At the Apple store yesterday - I was really SOOOO unimpressed by the 5S on iOS7. Sure the parallax thing is cool. But I was just so unimpressed. Now that the apps open with the fade in vibe there's also no sense of the 5S being faster either.. I'm sure I'll warm up to it - but I've changed my mind about getting to 7 fast.

But having asked that.. What do you think the chances are of finding an iPhone 5 on 6.0.2 - 6.1.2 NEW in the back room stock of smaller places like Targets, etc. IF so - what production serial numbers would I be looking for? I know you can tell what firmware will be in the box by some set of numbers on the packaging.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can we just get the JB instead of the " it's coming messages that are now a month old. Find it hard to believe.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to offroad1994 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-24-2013), DRFP (09-24-2013)

Thanks

Am I able to downgrade from Beta 7 to 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 on my i5?
    Last edited by CaliRican415; 09-24-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    But having asked that.. What do you think the chances are of finding an iPhone 5 on 6.0.2 - 6.1.2 NEW in the back room stock of smaller places like Targets, etc. IF so - what production serial numbers would I be looking for? I know you can tell what firmware will be in the box by some set of numbers on the packaging.
    Good luck, let me put it that way. I think your best bet may be a Genius Bar swap and ask for the oldest device they've got.

The last week iPhones would have been made with iOS 6.1.2 was the twelfth week of 2013... so any serials that start with ***J, ***K1 - ***K9, and ***KC + ***KD should be fine. A device that starts ***KF could be either one (iOS 6.1.3 released that week). Anything else will probably have 6.1.3 or newer on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 858 Posts

...what production serial numbers would I be looking for? I know you can tell what firmware will be in the box by some set of numbers on the packaging.
    Here's what I posted a whole ago on a different thread:

"Ok, I've figured out how to identify when an ip5 is manufactured. The box has the serial # on it.

If the fourth letter is a 'J,' then it was made in 2012. If its a 'K,' then it was made in 2013.

If the fifth digit is between 1-9 or A-D then I 'should' be safe in assuming it will have 6.1.2 or earlier. If the fifth digit is 'D,' it falls within March which is risky since 6.1.3 came out on 3-19-13"

Thanks
    Thanked 8,841 Times in 4,439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Good luck, let me put it that way. I think your best bet may be a Genius Bar swap and ask for the oldest device they've got.

The last week iPhones would have been made with iOS 6.1.2 was the twelfth week of 2013... so any serials that start with ***J, ***K1 - ***K9, and ***KC + ***KD should be fine. A device that starts ***KF could be either one (iOS 6.1.3 released that week). Anything else will probably have 6.1.3 or newer on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Here's what I posted a whole ago on a different thread:

"Ok, I've figured out how to identify when an ip5 is manufactured. The box has the serial # on it.

If the fourth letter is a 'J,' then it was made in 2012. If its a 'K,' then it was made in 2013.

If the fifth digit is between 1-9 or A-D then I 'should' be safe in assuming it will have 6.1.2 or earlier. If the fifth digit is 'D,' it falls within March which is risky since 6.1.3 came out on 3-19-13"
    Thanks to you both for your clear explanations.. They're both basically saying the same thing.. I just hope I find a store clerk that is willing to do some hunting for me..

My issue is that iP5 jailbroken has fallen on some hard times - after I accidently did a cut (not copy) and repaste in a delicate folder that sent me into crashing for several days now.. AFTER THREE iLEX RAT restores (because one time doesn't clean everything out) I'm finally fairly stable.. But I want to restore this phone to iOS7-- SELL it on eBAY (it's already unlocked and out of contract).. for $450 or so (16GB). Then burn my upgrade that I'm due for now... on an iPhone 5 with 6.1.2 on it (which will now be only $99). This will get me a fresh jailbreakable phone with NO issues while we wait for iOS7 jailbreak. AND THEN when I'm ready -- use my profit from the sale to buy a full retail iPhone 5S closer to jailbreak time - or earlier..

Assuming I CAN find a jailbreakable iPhone 5- anyone see any 'holes' in my plan...?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Though all I read about iOS7 convinced me it's a game changer as iOSes go.. At the Apple store yesterday - I was really SOOOO unimpressed by the 5S on iOS7. Sure the parallax thing is cool. But I was just so unimpressed. Now that the apps open with the fade in vibe there's also no sense of the 5S being faster either.. I'm sure I'll warm up to it - but I've changed my mind about getting to 7 fast.

I understand holding off on upgrading to the latest OS if you want to keep your jailbreak, but c'mon. 5.0.1??? Why aren't you on 6.1.2??

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaliRican415 View Post
    Am I able to downgrade from Beta 7 to 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 on my i5?
    Windows closed for that can't be done sorry

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a i5 running ios 7 & an ipad 2 jail broken on 6.1.2. kudos to these guys who are thinking about the minority & not the majority.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    I have a i5 running ios 7 & an ipad 2 jail broken on 6.1.2. kudos to these guys who are thinking about the minority & not the majority.
    What makes you think they're not thinking of the majority? I guarantee you they're all working on a jailbreak for iOS 7.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    What makes you think they're not thinking of the majority? I guarantee you they're all working on a jailbreak for iOS 7.
    I think he's talking about @winocm who already he was working on a jailbreak but he probably wont release it any time soon :S

On the other hand evaders are working on a jailbreak for ios 7 and they are confident it can be jailbroken

And according to ih8sn0w, ios 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 will be jailbroken before the ios 7 jailbreak comes out
    Last edited by Faresismail; 09-25-2013 at 05:54 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Whatever happened to the one guy who had some huge jailbreak news he kept going on about on twitter? What was the news and is it still relevant?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,611 Times in 1,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    I think he's talking about @winocm who already he was working on a jailbreak but he probably wont release it any time soon :S

On the other hand evaders are working on a jailbreak for ios 7 and they are confident it can e jailbroken

And according to ih8sn0w, ios 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 will be jailbroken before the ios 7 jailbreak comes out
    Actually @winocm , @iH8sn0w & @SquiffyPwn are all working together on the 6.1.3/6.1.4 JB in unison.

There's been little talk about the 7JB there are huge steps needed to get this working.

Check @iH8sn0w's blog,bhttp://blog.ih8sn0w.com/2013/09/some-updates.html?m=1 he's saying its fairly busted more so than in the past, coupled with Substrate & WB issues its going to be a LONG wait IMO for a 7X JB

Of course the 6.1.3/6.1.4JB will be released before the 7X JB. There's still tons & mountains of work to do for that, the 6X one wasnt released until Feb this yr. I'd be guessing it will be at least that long again if not longer for 7XJB & possibly longer on the 64bit 5S...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor