+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Locker' Helps in Preventing Unwanted Access to Your Applications

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Locker' Helps in Preventing Unwanted Access to Your Applications

You may have a passcode on your device, but someone may have already been looking over your shoulder when you put it in. With a new free jailbreak tweak called Locker by iOS developer ToolPod, you can help prevent those nosy eyes from going any further into your iOS device.

Locker locks down your iOS device with an additional passcode that is used for opening applications from the home screen, app switcher, and from banner notifications. The tweak can also locks down your folders, as well as some other goodies.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure your additional security settings:

The preferences are split into three major sections. The first major section is “Apps” and pertains to locking your applications. The second major section is “Folders” and pertains to keeping your folders secured. And finally, the last major section is “SpringBoard” and pertains to some miscellaneous options. There is also a button for changing your passcode if you want to, as well as a place to configure even more options.

From the Apps section, you can choose to enable the tweak for applications on your home screen, in your app switcher, or even for applications that give you banner notifications. You can also follow the “Lock Apps” cell to choose the applications that you want to lock (you do not have to lock all of them). This way only the applications you choose will require a passcode to open.

From the Folders section, you can enable or disable security settings for up to five home screen folders. You will need to enter the names of the folders you want to lock, and then apply your changes. Then, when you attempt to open any of these folders, you will be prompted for a passcode.

From the SpringBoard section, you can configure an Activator action to use with the tweak, which will lock your device completely until you enter a passcode. You can also set the tweak to require your new passcode when you reboot your device, on top of Apple’s passcode. In addition, you will be able to keep people from moving your application icons around, and even keep people from killing the most recent applications in your app switcher.

There is also a “More Options” cell in the main preferences pane that brings you to some miscellaneous options:

From here, you will be able to enable or disable bouncing alert animations. You can even enable or disable “Smart Mode,” a feature that will let you enter your passcode once and not bother you again until you lock your device. The ability to lock your device, or take a screenshot of the device when a passcode is entered incorrectly are also made available to you, and more.

Locker is a great free feature-filled layer of security for your iOS device. But it should be noted that it works best in combination with Apple’s passcode. To give it a try, you can head to Cydia and find it in the BigBoss repository for free.

Name: Locker
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-8
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: ToolPod
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Developer
    Thanks

I can't wait to see this thing implemented with touch ID once 5s gets jb treatment

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 667 Posts

This would drive me crazy LOL! I have never used the passcode function on any of my iPhone's because to have to keep putting that code just to get in and 2nd? My phone is always on me and not laying around for other to see or use it. But to have in put a passcode for apps? OH hell no LOL. That's why i like this new Touch ID on my iPhone 5S. Just use your finger or thumb print and BAM your in, also too for making iTunes/app store purchases, asks your for your touch ID and you touch the home button and BAM your purchase is downloading.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by errrick View Post
    I can't wait to see this thing implemented with touch ID once 5s gets jb treatment
    +1
    Hopefully it will see that treatment by the time I finally get mine shipped to me. But that's extremely wishful thinking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this available for non jailbrake device .. Help me guys

Thanks

there are several of these exact same apps in cydia.

Thanks

ŚhjjnltqvasljlkpgxjQzoK 09( warredhttp://glb. p ghpq

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shahrukh0078 View Post
    Is this available for non jailbrake device .. Help me guys
    Eemm,did you read this thread very well?