+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Volume' Lets You Configure Your iOS Device's Volume on a Per-app Basis

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default 'Volume' Lets You Configure Your iOS Device's Volume on a Per-app Basis

Every once in a while, it would be a good idea to be able to configure your iOS device’s volume on a per-application basis.

Sometimes when you’re in the middle of writing a productive document in Pages, you might be deep in thought and a high volume text tone coming in might just throw you off your game. On the other hand, while playing a game at a high volume, you might want to have your ringer volume higher specifically for that game, or maybe other games.

Whatever the case, wouldn’t it be nice if your device could remember your preferred volume settings for the application(s) that you use? They will now with a new free jailbreak tweak called Volume by iOS developer NYDevs.

Once you install this tweak, you will be able to configure volume on a per-application basis. Each application assumes that you want full ringer volume, but when you adjust it, and then close the application, and then re-open the application again, you will notice that your device saves your volume setting for that application. If you open a different application, the ringer volume will be the maximum again. You can adjust it to save a new volume level for that new application. But if you open the first application again, you will notice that it saved your first-set volume level for that application too.

Important to note here is that two different volume levels were saved for two different applications, and the tweak knows no limits to the number of applications that you can configure custom volume levels for.

The tweak is easy to customize too. If you want the tweak enabled, then enable it. If you want the tweak disabled, then disable it or uninstall it. You can configure this option from the tweak's preferences pane in the Settings application:

Volume is a free download in the BigBoss repository of Cydia.

Name: Volume
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: NYDevs
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So can I have two different volume levels? Such as be on a phone call with max volume and play a game with a lower volume at the same time?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    So can I have two different volume levels? Such as be on a phone call with max volume and play a game with a lower volume at the same time?
    Yeah

But probably not at the same time. Just when you're in those applications.

When you're in the phone app, your volume could be max, and when you open the game app, your volume could be low.

Thanks

I wanted to have google maps to speak twice as loud as my music application, but it didn't seem to work.. Changing the volume in either app, raised/lowered it in both.. Is this type of functionality supported?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    I wanted to have google maps to speak twice as loud as my music application, but it didn't seem to work.. Changing the volume in either app, raised/lowered it in both.. Is this type of functionality supported?
    Read my post. It's exactly what I asked and the response was no.