+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supply of Apple's iPhone 5S Sells Out with Shipments Being Pushed Back to October

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I ordered a gold 64g online at 2:55am et fri from AT&T and got Oct. shipping date
    Thanks
    I ordered a gold 64g online at 2:55am et fri from AT&T and got Oct. shipping date

Thanks
    Same here ordered around 2:00pm est I have a 10/21/13---10/29/13 shipping date is it possible it will come sooner in past cases

iPhone? More like MyPhone ecofrankenstein's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone checked with Sprint? I ordered online the 5s 32gb Space Gray on Friday and shipping was only 2-5 business days. They provided a tracking number and it's already on its way; should be here Tuesday.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    The people complaining are less than 10% of the iPhone users since most know that you can buy covers or even send the iPhone to companies like mendmyi to have its color changed
    Wow, you really love making up facts, don't you? I wonder, do you actually believe them yourself, or do you know your spouting made up BS?

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    So Apples marketing worked a treat, by restricting the amount of stock, they get the headlines in all the media they wanted
    Did you not read the part where they said they sold out SLOWER than last year?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    So Apples marketing worked a treat, by restricting the amount of stock, they get the headlines in all the media they wanted
    Man, I'm not even gonna call you anything because the mods here are so sensitive. Restricting the stock? Did you not read that the phones were launched in more countries than the past??

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ordered 16gb black for att at midnight on friday with 1-3 day shipping time. got shipping email this morning(monday) that it just left China and will arrive via UPS on thursday.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Really? (It's just a color)
    A color that's most likely to be covered up by a case too!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple is a multi-billion dollar company. They knew ahead of time how many stores sell iPhones and how many iPhones each store would need for a "proper" stock. Yet, they still released the iphone with stores not getting all colors, and some stores not getting any at all. Now if Apple didn't have enough stock, they should have pushed back the release date, but they didn't, like they do with every iPhone release. That just tells me there either stupid, which I doubt, or they did it on purpose. Since we can pretty much rule out Apples stupidity, it is safe to assume there also not going to make themselves look like idiots but running out of stock on there flagship device. Its a marketing scam, Apple is the talk of the world, and there not paying a dime for it. Free advertising, demand is nice and high, and as soon as excitement and talk dies down, there will all of a sudden be plenty of stock in all model iPhones, and yet again, Apple will be the talk of the world with another round of free advertisement. This isn't the first time Apple has pulled this crap

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    As soon as people get over the 'gold fever' it will calm down. Real reason the 5s is big deal? 64 bit processor but thats not sexy :-)
    Plus the fingerprint 😜 but i dont see myself using it much :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Plus the fingerprint �� but i dont see myself using it much :/
    the fingerprint sensor is great, I didn't think I was gonna use it but I did

Green Apple
    Thanks

My Space Gray 64GB 5S shall be arriving tomorrow!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wasn't sure where to post it
    What do you guys think about this?
    http://hackersnewsbulletin.com/2013/...hared-nsa.html

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kakojan View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post it
    What do you guys think about this?
    http://hackersnewsbulletin.com/2013/...hared-nsa.html
    According to @cammywrites

http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles...technology.htm

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is anyone else not too happy about the October 1st date for the 5S on smaller carriers when people (like myself) are still waiting for the 4 major carriers to at least give us a date when we could expect our phones, never mind the actual phones

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkeevo View Post
    is anyone else not too happy about the October 1st date for the 5S on smaller carriers when people (like myself) are still waiting for the 4 major carriers to at least give us a date when we could expect our phones, never mind the actual phones
    I got my 64 GB 5S on Tuesday, and a friend of mine got his 16GB 5S on Monday. I guess it all depends when you ordered it. The 5S is pretty much sold out, and is back ordered online. People will just need to be patient.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.amos View Post
    I got my 64 GB 5S on Tuesday, and a friend of mine got his 16GB 5S on Monday. I guess it all depends when you ordered it. The 5S is pretty much sold out, and is back ordered online. People will just need to be patient.
    I ordered mine through my carrier on release day, my point is if Apple is going to short hand major carriers, with millions of customers, they shouldn't be releasing to small "mom and pop" carriers, with thousands (if that) of customers, while major carriers still cant even give a release date. that reflects poorly on Apple and the carriers. its not about patience, I would wait until December, as long as I was giving an actual date. also, don't take this the wrong way, but its easy to tell someone to be patient when you have your phone, and not pay and wait for one with no date in sight

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ordered mine through my carrier on release day, my point is if Apple is going to short hand major carriers, with millions of customers, they shouldn't be releasing to small "mom and pop" carriers, with thousands (if that) of customers, while major carriers still cant even give a release date. that reflects poorly on Apple and the carriers. its not about patience, I would wait until December, as long as I was giving an actual date. also, don't take this the wrong way, but its easy to tell someone to be patient when you have your phone, and not pay and wait for one with no date in sight
    Ok, I see what you're saying now. They are probably trying to make them available to as many people as possible. But you're right, as "unfair" as it may be to the little guys, their are many millions more (especially China Mobile's 700+ Million Subscribers) that are waiting as well. Sometimes it's better to be in a big group.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I see what you're saying now. They are probably trying to make them available to as many people as possible. But you're right, as "unfair" as it may be to the little guys, their are many millions more (especially China Mobile's 700+ Million Subscribers) that are waiting as well. Sometimes it's better to be in a big group.
    im with one of the major carriers, but as unfair as it may be to the little guys, Apple should take care of the major carriers first, then everyone else second. Apple is too busy trying to milk every dollar they can, but in turn there pissing a lot of people off. But hey, what do they care, I bet tim cook is rocking his gold 64gb 5s with no worries. he's probably had it since march. its probably not even 64gb, its probably 128gb

Green Apple
    Thanks

im with one of the major carriers, but as unfair as it may be to the little guys, Apple should take care of the major carriers first, then everyone else second. Apple is too busy trying to milk every dollar they can, but in turn there pissing a lot of people off. But hey, what do they care, I bet tim cook is rocking his gold 64gb 5s with no worries. he's probably had it since march. its probably not even 64gb, its probably 128gb
    Yeah, probably custom fitted with the extra space, with his name engraved on it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, probably custom fitted with the extra space, with his name engraved on it
    yeah, probably has a holographic projector and a 3d display, and I bet Suri isn't as stupid