Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gold iPhone 5S' Going For Over $1,000 on eBay

Thanks

Default Gold iPhone 5S' Going For Over $1,000 on eBay

The most wanted part of this year’s new product lineup isn’t a piece of hardware but instead a color. Everyone seems to be having the gold fever, this being the case as the gold iPhone 5S sold out quicker than any other model in stores. Shipping from several locations including the Online Apple Store has already been pushed back to October. Much like the case every year and the basics of supply and demand, it’s only logical that those who were able to get their hands on said device would try and turn it around for a ridiculous price, which is exactly what is happening.

If you take a look at eBay, you’ll see roughly 1,500+ listings for the gold iPhone 5S, all of which have a higher average bidding price than that of what Apple charges. The top of the line configurations (the 64GB models), they are going for around roughly $1,799.99, over twice the cost of the actual device. The supply constraint coupled with scalpers looking to earn some quick cash has become an annual trend but it is definitely interesting to see it revolve around Apple’s newly introduced color, gold.

For those of you who were able to get an iPhone 5S, did you get it in gold? Are you on the other end of the spectrum trying to sell a gold iPhone 5S? Share your thoughts and experiences below!

Source: eBay

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Why would anyone pay that much for a phone that can be purchased with patience???!!!

Patience is a currency they don't have so they use dollars, have you seen the exchange rate lately?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambi_Valence For This Useful Post:

chiraagnt (09-22-2013), ecofrankenstein (09-21-2013), ThatOneProfile (09-21-2013)

Simple. Supply and demand.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneProfile For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (09-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    Why would anyone pay that much for a phone that can be purchased with patience???!!!
    Patience is a thing of the past. People want the latest and greatest this min not weeks away.

I purchased two phones, one silver and one gold. Gold will be listed on eBay once I receive it

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    Because most of the forum readers don't have any as evidenced by the posts of people camping out the night before on this site. It's the mentality of "na na na na na, I have the latest toy and you don't." Because that's all life is about to them - temporary perceived happiness. They find their self worth in their physical possessions, when they should be finding it somewhere else (i.e. not material things).
    Hmm...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-21-2013), spectrum (09-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

People are crazy

The nurse in my office only says the same thing. People are stupid

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nealh For This Useful Post:

DRFP (09-21-2013)

And still, the gold iPhone looks terribly tacky.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SergeantMAC For This Useful Post:

DRFP (09-21-2013), dsg (09-21-2013), Scheuerle (09-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Because most of the forum readers don't have any as evidenced by the posts of people camping out the night before on this site. It's the mentality of "na na na na na, I have the latest toy and you don't." Because that's all life is about to them - temporary perceived happiness. They find their self worth in their physical possessions, when they should be finding it somewhere else (i.e. not material things).
    Nicely said. You are absolutely right.
    It's sad actually.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantMAC View Post
    And still, the gold iPhone looks terribly tacky.
    Not only tacky but one of the ugliest colors I've ever seen in a phone.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyrocket For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Patience is a currency they don't have so they use dollars, have you seen the exchange rate lately?
    yes. And the iPhone price also not much higher later that is it now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exnavy View Post
    because most of the forum readers don't have any as evidenced by the posts of people camping out the night before on this site. It's the mentality of "na na na na na, i have the latest toy and you don't." because that's all life is about to them - temporary perceived happiness. They find their self worth in their physical possessions, when they should be finding it somewhere else (i.e. Not material things).
    exactly!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

this is just a BUY IT NOW action

WOW
    Gold iPhone 5S 64GB New in Hand Ships Overnight to Your House At | eBay
    3 Qty iPhone 5S 64GB Unlocked Gold at T GSM in Hand | eBay

and i got a 64gig gold 5s, got inline at 10pm and barely got it
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 09-21-2013 at 06:47 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-21-2013)

My upgrade is the first of November and hopefully 64 GB Golds will be around. I wish apple made the leather case in white though.

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    When Hostess went out of Business the first time I still have a Pic of the Twinkies that had bids and were listed for over 25,000 USD, they are a 1.25 USD today at Kroger.......... People are not just stupid they are morons
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Absolutely absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Material things rule the world. People have that kind of mindset they have to have the latest thing. So as u said they can flaunt it around and have the one up on their friends or co workers.

Who cares if there are morons out there? Society wouldn't work if everyone was smart! I bet if you guys were the ones making $1500 on a gold iPhone you wouldn't think it was that crazy. Next time just think ahead, that's why I bought a grey version for me and a gold version for sale. So basically I'll be getting my iPhone 5S for free this year

Thanks

This was the first time a few friends and I did the whole over night thing in line for the iPhone. People are crazy! We started out being 15th in line to about 50 when a group of Asians crowded the Apple reps giving out tickets for phones. They finally stopped giving out tickets until everybody was in a single file line. Anyway, where I was going with this, I literally got the last gold 64gig left in the store. The group of people in front of us all were buying phones for one person who is selling all of them online now. Cheaters. I guess gold is the new black

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast