+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gold iPhone 5S' Going For Over $1,000 on eBay

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by icebox93 You don't get the phone market. Apple doesn't discount iphones sold through carriers. Have you paid attention to any of the stories about how carriers hate
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icebox93 View Post
    You don't get the phone market. Apple doesn't discount iphones sold through carriers. Have you paid attention to any of the stories about how carriers hate iPhones because of their cost? The carriers do pay that price and they make it back with upgrade fees and high plan costs.
    LOl...ok. You stick to the "stories", and I'll stick to the reality. If you believe they buy them for as much as they're selling them for, than you're just as big of a moron as the idiots paying close to 2 grand for it...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
    LOl...ok. You stick to the "stories", and I'll stick to the reality. If you believe they buy them for as much as they're selling them for, than you're just as big of a moron as the idiots paying close to 2 grand for it...
    People like you are the reason I don't post here anymore. Why would Apple discount the iPhone to the carriers? They are selling them by the boatloads. A big reason that plans cost so much in the US is because carriers offer the phone at a huge discount and then make it back over the 2 year service contract. In many other countries, and through T-Mobile in the US, the plans are a lot cheaper, but you have to pay the full price for the phone.

Any why would you think it costs $95 to make one? Most people do not realize how amazing the iPhone and other modern smartphoes are. The 5s benchmarks higher than the MBA Ultimate I'm typing on right now (that was ~$2500 a little over 2 years ago). The amount of technology crammed into such a small form factor and being sold even for full MSRP is nothing short of amazing.

_____

My Gold iPhone should arrive this week- might sell it if the prices stay this inflated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    People like you are the reason I don't post here anymore. Why would Apple discount the iPhone to the carriers? They are selling them by the boatloads. A big reason that plans cost so much in the US is because carriers offer the phone at a huge discount and then make it back over the 2 year service contract. In many other countries, and through T-Mobile in the US, the plans are a lot cheaper, but you have to pay the full price for the phone.

Any why would you think it costs $95 to make one? Most people do not realize how amazing the iPhone and other modern smartphoes are. The 5s benchmarks higher than the MBA Ultimate I'm typing on right now (that was ~$2500 a little over 2 years ago). The amount of technology crammed into such a small form factor and being sold even for full MSRP is nothing short of amazing.

_____

My Gold iPhone should arrive this week- might sell it if the prices stay this inflated.
    IIRC the past iPhones have cost a bit over 200 dollars to make. Maybe around $230.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

They deserve to sell it for whatever they want. The question is what someone will pay for it. Being the demand is strong, I'm sure you could get some good money for the gold 5s. Being they DID stand in line to get it. Time is money people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post

_____

Lol. Then why are you posting here? And who said anything about apple discounting them to the carriers? Look it up, google, bing whatever you feel, and see how much it cost to put all these amazing pieces of hardware together, and what each piece of hardware costs to make. I do recall saying my numbers may be a little off, but not by much. Even if it costs $200 to make, carriers but them for $300-$400 a phone,and customers pay double that. See how that works? Yeah, then tack on all your contract charges and other BS.
    This has nothing to do with what your typing on right now, or bench marks, and all that other crap- technology is constantly advancing, getting better and better everyday,with materials that cost pennies to make. This is the point I'm making here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Because most of the forum readers don't have any as evidenced by the posts of people camping out the night before on this site. It's the mentality of "na na na na na, I have the latest toy and you don't." Because that's all life is about to them - temporary perceived happiness. They find their self worth in their physical possessions, when they should be finding it somewhere else (i.e. not material things).
    Someone that closed minded should go live somewhere where they do not care about that. (i.e. North Korea) People camp out for new movies, midnight premiers, games and much more. Maybe you do not care about the latest and greatest, but the majority of apple fans do. I believe they call this the 21'st century?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

That's nothing I see one on craigslist
    for 1500.

iPhone 5s GOLD 64gb AT&T unlocked $1500

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/mob/4083561088.html

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The phone next to the box is an iPhone 5, not 5S. It still has iOS6 on it.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234