+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gold iPhone 5S' Going For Over $1,000 on eBay

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by exNavy Because most of the forum readers don't have any as evidenced by the posts of people camping out the night before on this site. It's the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Because most of the forum readers don't have any as evidenced by the posts of people camping out the night before on this site. It's the mentality of "na na na na na, I have the latest toy and you don't." Because that's all life is about to them - temporary perceived happiness. They find their self worth in their physical possessions, when they should be finding it somewhere else (i.e. not material things).
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metropower View Post
    This was the first time a few friends and I did the whole over night thing in line for the iPhone. People are crazy! We started out being 15th in line to about 50 when a group of Asians crowded the Apple reps giving out tickets for phones. They finally stopped giving out tickets until everybody was in a single file line. Anyway, where I was going with this, I literally got the last gold 64gig left in the store. The group of people in front of us all were buying phones for one person who is selling all of them online now. Cheaters. I guess gold is the new black
    Yea the gold is the in color. Their are about 400 iPhone 5s on eBay. Most of them being gold and selling higher than the other colored models. Also their selling way over the out right price of a iPhone from a specific carrier.

EVO
    Thanks

dont be fooled by the listing, just because someone bids that high does NOT mean they will actually pay it..

most of the listings that high are from international buyers whose iphones are not currently made available to them

the majority of US buyers are not crazy enough to buy at that high of a price...

most of these so-called buyers, are just there to waste seller's time and money, they will have really low ratings and bid really high, but when it comes to pay, they will disappear..

I know this from experience, because I just recently had a listing for a pre-order iphone 5s, and most of my bids were international buyers. The person that won disappeared after the auction ended, so i had to file a dispute.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If it wasn't gotten legit, it could be a blacklisted brick! Checkmend before you hit send on that paypal boys and gals...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Who cares if there are morons out there? Society wouldn't work if everyone was smart! I bet if you guys were the ones making $1500 on a gold iPhone you wouldn't think it was that crazy. Next time just think ahead, that's why I bought a grey version for me and a gold version for sale. So basically I'll be getting my iPhone 5S for free this year
    who cares? well, science (and experience) tell us that we are all connected, fundamentally yet inexplicably. ever heard the phrase "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link?"

well, while you are encouraging the masses to be irresponsible (and profiting from it), the whole of human civilization is (slightly) being pulled down toward this level of insanity, a place where decisions are beginning to lead us towards the end of sustainable human life on this planet...

without these "morons" society would actually function in a much more positive and psychologically healthy way, in my opinion. i believe you have society confused with the economy, because the capitalist system would surely fail if all consumers were making rational, informed decisions.

enjoy the new iPhone though!
    Last edited by twitchee3; 09-21-2013 at 12:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak? juantwothree80's Avatar
    Thanks
    I honestly think the gold is so popular not bc it's gold but just that it's a different color other then the black or white we are so used to. They want to be "seen" with the new iPhone 5s and don't want it to be confused with the regular 5. And yes I'm sure that's how simple some peoples lives are. Sad but true they have to be "seen" with the latest and greatest

7. The Following User Says Thank You to juantwothree80 For This Useful Post:

Scheuerle (09-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    most of these so-called buyers, are just there to waste seller's time and money, they will have really low ratings and bid really high, but when it comes to pay, they will disappear..

I know this from experience, because I just recently had a listing for a pre-order iphone 5s, and most of my bids were international buyers. The person that won disappeared after the auction ended, so i had to file a dispute.
    I've sold new iPhones on eBay forever. And I've had no issues. You must not know how to sell on eBay, is as simple as that.

First, the best way to sell an expensive item like this is to list it with the "buy it now" option. Second, you must check off "international bidders" on settings, and sell to USA only. Then, under the "buy it now" option you Must check the quick "payment option", so they can't buy unless they pay immediately. You must list on the auction that you will only ship to PayPal "confirmed address" only, with a signature confirmation. There are several other safety options that will make the eBay transaction even safer. My brother just sold his iPhone 5S 32 GB gold eBay for $1200 and got paid quick!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchee3 View Post
    who cares? well, science (and experience) tell us that we are all connected, fundamentally yet inexplicably. ever heard the phrase "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link?"

well, while you are encouraging the masses to be irresponsible (and profiting from it), the whole of human civilization is (slightly) being pulled down toward this level of insanity, a place where decisions are beginning to lead us towards the end of sustainable human life on this planet...

without these "morons" society would actually function in a much more positive and psychologically healthy way, in my opinion. i believe you have society confused with the economy, because the capitalist system would surely fail if all consumers were making rational, informed decisions.

enjoy the new iPhone though!
    Wow, I think you're overthinking things. I'm not even going there. Have a drink.
    Last edited by hogcia; 09-21-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    When Hostess went out of Business the first time I still have a Pic of the Twinkies that had bids and were listed for over 25,000 USD, they are a 1.25 USD today at Kroger.......... People are not just stupid they are morons

HAHA!! Remember "Billy Beer", Jimmy Carter's brothers beer? 6-packs of it would sell for 500 bucks or more, for several years after they stopped making it.

I can imagine wasting excess money on that, but not on any ding dongs or twinkies. What a waste of money!

As far as gold iPhones, the price for my 4S was about 800 bucks as it is, I got it for 300 (64 bit) cos Sprint pays the other 500 bux.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Because most of the forum readers don't have any as evidenced by the posts of people camping out the night before on this site. It's the mentality of "na na na na na, I have the latest toy and you don't." Because that's all life is about to them - temporary perceived happiness. They find their self worth in their physical possessions, when they should be finding it somewhere else (i.e. not material things).
    This wasn't pre-judgmental at all. It couldn't possibly be something else. Nope—it's people trying to fill the holes in their lives with gadgets. It HAS to be something negative.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Patience is a currency they don't have so they use dollars, have you seen the exchange rate lately?
    idk why but i love everything this statement chooses to be

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    My upgrade is the first of November and hopefully 64 GB Golds will be around. I wish apple made the leather case in white though.
    Order it NOW on Apples website, the shipping is delayed past October

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I've sold new iPhones on eBay forever. And I've had no issues. You must not know how to sell on eBay, is as simple as that.

First, the best way to sell an expensive item like this is to list it with the "buy it now" option. Second, you must check off "international bidders" on settings, and sell to USA only. Then, under the "buy it now" option you Must check the quick "payment option", so they can't buy unless they pay immediately. You must list on the auction that you will only ship to PayPal "confirmed address" only, with a signature confirmation. There are several other safety options that will make the eBay transaction even safer. My brother just sold his iPhone 5S 32 GB gold eBay for $1200 and got paid quick!

Wow, I think you're overthinking things. I'm not even going there. Have a drink.
    Don't make any assumptions you don't know.

The best way is NOT to use the buy it now option, there is no BEST way.

That is one way to help, but it's not the BEST.

There are many factors to alleviate and make your auction more distinct, but using the buy it now is not the best way. In fact, it may deter buyers from even looking at a listing because they want to buy something within their range, and bidding is the best way to do it

If your brother got someone to paid 1200, then all for him.

But don't try using words like "simple as that" as if your an expert

done...

Green Apple
    Thanks

You would have to be nuts to pay that amount for an iphone. The screen is sooooo small you can hardly use it.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Most people have been waiting for the 5s for month now... What don't you guys just add a couple more weeks and would be getting the new iPhone at a reasonable price!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smart guys. Sell the gold and buy a Nexus 4. Basically a free Nexus 4 and a very cheap data plan!

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone who bought an extra phone to sell only promotes this type of behavior and shows the type of low life that they really are.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

A couple of trolls snuck out their cage.

Thanks

A 64gb 5s is currently priced over $1000 at the apple store where I live.(Australia) Apple does not have a fixed 'universal' price for any of their products. Overseas users pay more so US users can purchase a subsidised product. For countries that pay a fortune for apple products anyway and that are at the end of the supply line, paying a little more on ebay to get something a little quicker makes perfect sense.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RussSully's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm punching the first person I see with a gold iPhone directly in the face

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RussSully For This Useful Post:

Colwood (09-22-2013), spectrum (09-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

hilarious. all this talk about how no one would want the gold iPhone, yet it all came from tech nerds (like us). lo and behold it has quickly become the most popular handset variety of the generation.