+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another iOS 7 Exploit Allows Anyone to Make Calls from Locked iPhones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by King_O_Hill Some of you need to get a grip on reality. JBers account for about 2-3% of all iDevices sold. Why would apple put so much time
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Some of you need to get a grip on reality. JBers account for about 2-3% of all iDevices sold. Why would apple put so much time and effort into such a small group. You people act like 80% of devices are JBroken and apple is constantly having teams of personnel figure out ways to stop us. It would be very easy to stop us, as we are not that secretive of a group.

Get real folks!
    I thought that's exactly what they do with each update. Patch the security exploits that jail breakers use...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    so what's with the gimmicky fingerprint scanner? wasn't it supposed to offer more security?
    Gimmicky, yes. Functional, even more so. Added security? No, and not once did they claim it would offer more security. It's another way of keeping your phone safe and accessing your phone and making App Store purchases. If the finger print scanner does not work properly or can't read your fingerprints it still defaults to the basic numeric passcode. If it didn't and it malfunctioned (as all electronics are very capable of doing no matter who makes them) then you'd have no way to access your phone at all.

That being said the iTouch scanner is ridiculously fast and I would be annoyed not having it anymore. It adds the security of the passcode with the ability to unlock your phone faster than an older iPhone without a passcode.

Read up a little bit and do some homework before mouthing off...it makes you come off not as intelligent as I would like to hope you are.
    Last edited by trevorrawson; 09-21-2013 at 03:44 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

I never let my phone out of my possession so I am not worried about these types of exploits.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Either this is only an issue on older phones or already fixed with 7.01 because I tried it multiple time so n my 5S with no luck at all. I hammered away for well over a minute. Nothing.

so what's with the gimmicky fingerprint scanner? wasn't it supposed to offer more security?
    Do you enjoy being the resident FanDroid troll? It's kinda like having a ModMyi village idiot. I mean seriously you must have like no life of your own. I really feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by fleurya; 09-21-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone should call that guys number...

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,319 Times in 5,974 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    I thought that's exactly what they do with each update. Patch the security exploits that jail breakers use...
    Well their not stupid, if you are going to advertise an exploit, you can bet they are going to patch it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-23-2013)

Thanks

Try Siri on the lock screen it's easier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    Try Siri on the lock screen it's easier.
    That is so smart and so simple... Try that out I will...

Thanks

problem!!!!

There's no option to reject an incoming call on iOS7. I

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    The only reason all these bugs exist now that didn't during the betas are because apple purposefully put them in. The want to see if people will push a jailbreak and then right after patch it with the working iOS 7. I have a hundred bugs that I never had on iOS 7 betas. They are just a bunch of d******** if you ask me. They wouldn't be around if it weren't for the jailbreak community and they just keep trying to push it away. They are r*******.
    Get a grip on reality, Jailbreakers aren't that important. There sales probably don't even amount to a rounding error. Mainly since most Jainbreakers would still by a iOS product even if it could not be jailbroken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

A $365 million gimmick? That's how much apple paid for AuthenTec alone.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 710 Posts

iOS 7 seems to be full of bugs, Apple need to beta test longer

There are already comps going to see who can crack the fingerprint scanner first

Look Here

Edit: A hacker is already claiming to have done it
    Last edited by dsg; 09-23-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Really? Its bug and security issue that can be used to steal your info, think before you answer / post
    I don't count making a phone call as someone stealing my info. If that were the case then I guess I shouldn't ever let any family or friends use my house phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Right you live in a world ( like a boy in a bubble) where phones are never stolen, hackers never go online and find ways to steal your info........your phones are never on the net?
    A vulnerability means there maybe a way to hack the phone to get that info........................ No disrespect intended, I use my phone on the net and yes I accept the security issue.....but Apple should test these newer versions better, if a baby or a cat can open a phone with a device intended for one person only like a fingerprint recognition then there is a severe lack of testing going on, these engineers get paid lots of money to think of a simple thing like a kid, baby playing with a phone and buying a $200 app on Itunes because of bug in the lock.

Its embarrassing that I really like the Iphone because I think it works well to read that the finger print lock does not work right, even a Cat can open it..........................I will admit its a major flaw, it would be better if we all would
    Where are you getting these vulnerabilities from? Having the finger print scanner has absolutely nothing to do with a net based security vulnerability. If you think that a cat opening the 5s is a flaw when it was specifically programmed to the cats paw then your are more naive then I thought. I could use my **** to unlock it if I used it to program it but I don't think it would be publicly acceptable for me to whip it out each time I unlock it. The scanner is just looking for a unique pattern. The phone emergency call vulnerability that this tread talks about is not going to give up any info besides your phone number.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 09-23-2013 at 01:48 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12