+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Senator Sends Letter to Cook Regarding Touch ID Privacy Concerns

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I don't see why people are so worried about their fingerprint anyways. My fingerprints are in the national database anyways since I'm military and if anyone has a concealed and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see why people are so worried about their fingerprint anyways. My fingerprints are in the national database anyways since I'm military and if anyone has a concealed and carry license there fingerprints have had to be submitted also. What exactly could they do with a damn fingerprint. It's just people finding stupid reasons to try to say apple is crossing the line.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Just remember, Apple are late to the party with mobile devices incorporating fingerprint sensors. Hell my 4 year old, (I think), HP laptop has it. Did that idiot send them a letter?
    did you know about the NSA 4 years ago? yaa didnt think so
    and this fingerprint scanner is much different than the one on your hp im sure you need to swipe your finger on that one the iphone you simply place your finger on the sensor and thats it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budsalinger View Post
    No. He is concerned with his reputation of being concerned about our privacy and personal security.
    Or concerned his wife may find out he's bopping his secretary using a fingerprint from his scotch glass after he passes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default and that's it
    Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    and this fingerprint scanner is much different than the one on your hp im sure you need to swipe your finger on that one the iphone you simply place your finger on the sensor and thats it
    And that's it, all hell breaks loose, your bank balance is zero, your credit cards are all maxed out, your wife leaves you, and your dog, well, he's still yours. There's a lot more to worry about than this (like your SS#, birthdate, and zip code). And if you don't like it, don't buy it or use it. Your choice, just quit whinning.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I Like Franken, but this is just some sensationalist headline grabbing. I agree that Apple should be held accountable, but I'm not concerned in this case. Apple as specifically made this a locally-stored hardware issue, not on their servers. So if the NSA does come knocking Apple just has to say, "we don't have access, sorry." It's kind of brilliant really!

Just remember, Apple are late to the party with mobile devices incorporating fingerprint sensors. Hell my 4 year old, (I think), HP laptop has it. Did that idiot send them a letter?
    Agreed! this is why I think it's just a headline grabber. My Lenovo Thinkpad has a fingerprint reader, and there are millions of laptops that have them. Many more than there are, or probably will be iPhone 5S models. So why is he getting all righteous over this case?

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

I will created my touch ID using midle finger...yeah.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd like Senator Franken to first explain the voting irregularities that got him elected.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    Yea I knew about the NSA 4 yrs ago. Knew about them 20yrs ago, the Headquarters is 15mins from my house.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are people so concerned about this fingerprint data stuff? If someone really wanted your fingerprint they could easily get from your car door or door knob or anything you touch throughout the day! It's not like the person can go out and spend money using your fingerprint..or steal your identity. People give their fingerprints to companies all the time! The iPhone 5s is probably more secure at storing your fingerprint then some other places, I'm sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raxal View Post
    I am keeping my Iphone 5, no fingerprint crap scanner installed here. Now with iOS 7 intalled , my Iphone 5 look like a crap! Apple went back with this new iOS7 thing.
    If you really hate ios 7 as much as me, you can downgrade still... hurry though... you never know when they're gonna stop signing ios 6.1.4... all you have to do is download the ipsw for your device, and hold shift or option and click restore in itunes, select your downloaded ipsw, and wait. this will downgrade and restore your device to 6.1.4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Totally Agree! Drawing a Map of the US free-hand is also badassery! Sayin...
    Yes, I agree. The mentally ill can do some amazing things.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tvadakia For This Useful Post:

slim.jim (09-22-2013)

Thanks

There are too many self important tin foil hat wearers. There's a 99.9999% chance that the government doesn't give a **** about your finger prints. Just imagine all the data the could be transmitted if this were on an android device by some side loaded app.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (09-22-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    There are too many self important tin foil hat wearers. There's a 99.9999% chance that the government doesn't give a **** about your finger prints. Just imagine all the data the could be transmitted if this were on an android device by some side loaded app.
    Not to mention that if the government was interested in you? you wouldn't know about it anyways until they arrest you and surprise you with all the other intel they have on you beside a finger print. As others have said also, there is other easier way to get your finger prints than trying to hack a iPhone CPU for the encrypted data. Door knobs, glass/cups, windows, and etc... Just remember government always get 1st crack at proto type and Hi-Tech electronics before the average Joe does!

Thanks

Oh no, Apple is going to steal everyone´s fingerprints and send them to the NSA.

Get real.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THE GLOBE AND MAIL
    Hackers fool fingerprint scanner on sold-out iPhone 5S:A group of German hackers claimed to have found a way around the iPhone fingerprint scanner on Sunday, just two days after Apple Inc. launched the technology that it promises will better protect devices from criminals and snoopers seeking access.

Two prominent iPhone security experts told Reuters that they believed the German group, known as the Chaos Computing Club, or CCC, had succeeded in defeating Apple’s Touch ID, though they had not personally replicated the work.
    No concerned about privacy and personal security...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

You know I just wonder why no one seems to have linked "RF Scanner" tech of the touch ID with the "RFID Implant Chip" …Sheeple

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes - your right but it didn't work.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12