Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5S Supplies Dry Up Quickly Around the Globe

Thanks

Default iPhone 5S Supplies Dry Up Quickly Around the Globe

Online sales of the iPhone 5S have kicked off in several different countries and a number of iPhone 5S models, the gold in particular seem to be short in supply all around the world. As the Apple Stores in the UK, France and Germany come back online, itís clear that the shortages extend to European customers as well. Immediately after coming back up, the UK Apple Store displayed shipping times of 7-10 days for all colors and capacities, as did both of the online stores for France and Germany.

In Australia and China, online Apple Store shipping times for the iPhone 5S rapidly slipped to 7-10 days for all colors and capacities, with immediate unavailability of the 64 GB gold version. Appleís Hong Kong and Singapore online stores have even longer wait times, displaying an October shipping estimate for all iPhone 5S models.

Even in the United States and Canada all models are said to now be shipping in October which means the previous analyst predictions of an iPhone 5S supply constraint all turned out to be true. Based on the extended shipping times seen around the world, itís likely that the demand will be far greater than the supply for quite some time.

Were you able to get an iPhone 5S online or do you plan on going to a retail store to get one? If so, share your experience below!

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Can't find it unlocked from US online store

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Ordered mine about two hours ago

Order was completed at 2:19 am CDT for a "Space Gray" 64 GB. At the time, the 16 and 32 GB versions already had longer shipping times.

Oh, shipping time was 5-7 days for the Space Gray 64gb when I did my order. After I finished, AT&T's website crashed, then came up a minute or two later. Shipping times changed to 7-10 days. All other models were around 10-14 days.

Didn't have an in-store pickup option when ordering. So, it was either order and wait a little bit, or wait until who knows when because I have to work today. So going in-store was not an option.
    Last edited by Brandon.amos; 09-20-2013 at 05:18 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

On the AT&T website, it shows 7-14 business days for Space Gray & Silver and 7-28 business days for Gold.

EDIT: This was for the 64GB model.
    Last edited by GranDaddyPurp; 09-20-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkmasta View Post
    Can't find it unlocked from US online store
    I had the same question, I spoke with an Apple Rep through online chat, and he told me the T-Mobile version is the unlocked version. He said I would be able to take it to AT&T or T-Mobile. I didn't really ask him about CDMA networks (Verizon & Sprint), so if you were looking to take the unlocked phone to a CDMA network, you may have to open up a chat with them yourself.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 750 Posts

Ya almost 4am now and my mom and I are still the only ones here at a Corp ATT store.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Ordered mine about two hours ago
    so what did you go with?
    Last edited by Carvensno; 09-20-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Happy to be typing this on my new 64GB 5s!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

chiraagnt (09-22-2013), crzyklr (09-20-2013), Silverado1987 (09-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Ya almost 4am now and my mom and I are still the only ones here at a Corp ATT store.

so what did you go with?
    Got the silver one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just been waiting in line for 3 hours at the London, Regent Street Store and they sold out of 5S's by 09:30, unfortunately I wasn't one of the lucky few to receive one! is it worth going tomorrow or is that it for the time being?

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    Happy to be typing this on my new 64GB 5s!
    Awesome!!! How is it? And what did you have before?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 750 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Got the silver one
    Sweet! Debating on white/silver or the new grey. Kinda like the grey since it's not all anodize black like the 5 was and show any scratches.

At 3:01 am new york time Ordered 2 online both space gray, 16 and 32 unlocked ones 7-10 days delivery between oct 7-10, the only model was showing October was gold

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

In canada, my order was complete at 3:02, but the available shipping date was already pushed to 7 - 10 business days for the 16GB Space Grey model

I got a 64gb 5s for $649. Did anyone else?

I think Apple needs to sell a gold colored cocaine spoon that matches the gold iphone. I think they'd have another hit on their hands.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

radioBirdman (09-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisei View Post
    I had the same question, I spoke with an Apple Rep through online chat, and he told me the T-Mobile version is the unlocked version. He said I would be able to take it to AT&T or T-Mobile. I didn't really ask him about CDMA networks (Verizon & Sprint), so if you were looking to take the unlocked phone to a CDMA network, you may have to open up a chat with them yourself.
    So you unlock your iPhone from AT&T or T-Mobile?

Default Unlocked t-mobile
    I just chat with apple store and they told me for the unlocked t mobile version to use it with att I have to call t mobile. No sense for me if it's already unlocked. I can't put my nano att card to work instantly ?

so what did you go with? [/QUOTE]

Started hitting refresh at 3am ET and the order page came up at about 3:01. Quickly ordered a 32GB “space gray” Verizon model and a black case. When I was done the confirmation said 1-3 business days! 

Though I will remain skeptical until it ships as I know Apple has adjusted ship times in the past, and this time around seems more likely than ever.

With so much supply constraint I am considering selling online for a tidy profit and just get one later. Maybe demand will be so high that I’ll make enough to buy a new one for me and my wife. (She already has the 5)

Thanks
    In HK, gold 5s became currently unavailable quickly after release

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast