Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5S Supplies Dry Up Quickly Around the Globe

Take a glance over on eBay for a 5s some are up to 1800.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Take a glance over on eBay for a 5s some are up to 1800.
    Is that sort of the same phenomenon as "scalping tickets" at a pro athletic event or a big concert?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

I thought for sure I had no chance of getting a new gold iPhone 5s on launch day, after going online at 3:00 in the morning and seeing all shipments delayed till October already! Well took a chance this morning and drove to best buy at 7:30 am and only had five people in line ahead of me, but still thought my odds were slim of getting one of any color at all, and you would never have expected but this store actually had 15 32gb gold iPhone 5s' in stock, and funny enough it was the only model they had. So I got lucky today! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDarnCobra View Post
    I thought for sure I had no chance of getting a new gold iPhone 5s on launch day, after going online at 3:00 in the morning and seeing all shipments delayed till October already! Well took a chance this morning and drove to best buy at 7:30 am and only had five people in line ahead of me, but still thought my odds were slim of getting one of any color at all, and you would never have expected but this store actually had 15 32gb gold iPhone 5s' in stock, and funny enough it was the only model they had. So I got lucky today! Yes!
    Amazing. You're the only one that's reported in today about actually having one in their hands. Way to
    Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Amazing. You're the only one that's reported in today about actually having one in their hands. Way to
    Go!!
    Thanks. Yeah I never thought I would luck out like that today. The phone is great. Everything is smooth and fast, and the gold color really looks nice in my opinion. The fingerprint sensor is incredibly accurate for anyone wondering. Apple did an excellent job implementing that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDarnCobra View Post
    Thanks. Yeah I never thought I would luck out like that today. The phone is great. Everything is smooth and fast, and the gold color really looks nice in my opinion. The fingerprint sensor is incredibly accurate for anyone wondering. Apple did an excellent job implementing that.
    I honestly thought the gold was too overrated...I couldnt get my hands on one at the Apple Store, but when I went in to check it out in person, it was not what I expected...

I was actually looking for the gold display and walked past it thinking it was silver until someone pointed it out to me.

Maybe it was the lighting at the Apple Store, but the champagne looked too light.

I settled with space grey, and it looks really nice.

Yeah.. What's weird to me about the "gold fever" is that 99.98% of iPhone users use a case on their phones. A case will cover, entirely -- the sides and back of phone which is where all the gold coloring is. So it's a little silly to get all worked up over the gold... Unless you like your phone "naked" and unprotected.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 1,352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I honestly thought the gold was too overrated...I couldnt get my hands on one at the Apple Store, but when I went in to check it out in person, it was not what I expected...

I was actually looking for the gold display and walked past it thinking it was silver until someone pointed it out to me.

Maybe it was the lighting at the Apple Store, but the champagne looked too light.

I settled with space grey, and it looks really nice.
    I picked up Space Grey at AT&T but don't like it at all. I'm hoping Best Biy will come through and call me when the gold 64GB comes in. I will use a clear bumper and Clear PlastiDip the back to get the protection I need!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Yeah.. What's weird to me about the "gold fever" is that 99.98% of iPhone users use a case on their phones. A case will cover, entirely -- the sides and back of phone which is where all the gold coloring is. So it's a little silly to get all worked up over the gold... Unless you like your phone "naked" and unprotected.
    Srsly?
    Not only is that percentage ridiculous (as per your usual lol) but some people who have cases have ones that still show the phone (eg bumper cases or clear cases).

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 1,352 Posts

Looks like Best Buy came through after all. My Gold 64GB is ready for pickup!

Bouts restore this one and return it, now!

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Srsly?
    Not only is that percentage ridiculous (as per your usual lol) but some people who have cases have ones that still show the phone (eg bumper cases or clear cases).
    I have a clear case coming for my gold 5S.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.amos View Post
    Awesome!!! How is it? And what did you have before?
    I had a 32GB iPhone 4 so it's a huge improvement! I'm loving it.

Srsly?
    Clear cases? Seriously? Never seen one. Well there ya have it..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Simon (09-21-2013)

Thanks

Clear cases? Seriously? Never seen one. Well there ya have it..
    Lol, that was pretty funny

Lol, that was pretty funny
    So you're implying that a significant number - to most - people who have to have a gold will be planning to go naked or get a "clear" case for it?

Thanks

So you're implying that a significant number - to most - people who have to have a gold will be planning to go naked or get a "clear" case for it?
    Nope. Just saying it will be more than 0.02%.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say somewhere around 50% of my customers who get a color swap on their iPhones buy one of these clear cases to go with it. I sell tons of them.

Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to iRevival For This Useful Post:

Simon (09-22-2013)

Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Playing Russian Roulette with the safety of your phone...

I bought the last grey 32gb from best buy yesterday at 10am Newnan Ga. I couple people came in behind me looking for 1, the lady at best buy told them. Sorry I got last 1. Lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast