+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recent Survey Shows Strong Demand for Apple's iPhone 5S and 5C

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Recent Survey Shows Strong Demand for Apple's iPhone 5S and 5C

Demand for Apple’s upcoming iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C appear to be healthy according to a new survey, suggesting that investor concerns over device preorders may be unfounded. The latest AlphaWise data from Morgan Stanley tracking Web search trends found that demand for the iPhone saw an unhealthy uptick following last week’s announcement of the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. The data tracked key markets where the iPhones are currently set to launch including the US, UK, Germany, France, China and Japan.

Analyst Katy Huberty mentioned the survey data suggested Apple may ship 34.5 million iPhone units in the current September quarter, which will conclude less than two weeks after both the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C become available. This would suggest a 15% quarter over quarter increase in iPhone shipments for the September timeframe, which would be in line with the 16% quarter over quarter increase that Apple saw in the same period in 2012. To Huberty, this represents “healthy demand” for Apple’s latest iPhones.

Shares of Apple fell earlier in the week when Apple declined to announce any presale figures for the iPhone 5C. For the last few years, Apple touted record pre-orders for its latest iPhone but 2013 marks the first time Apple is releasing two distinct new iPhone models with pre-orders being made available only for the second-tier iPhone 5C. As a result, Huberty said investor concern over the lack of an announcement may be “overblown.” She continued by noting that Wall Street consensus calls for Apple to have shipped around 31 million iPhones in the September quarter, a figure less than the latest survey data suggests the company will actually end up shipping. Huberty mentioned the following in a note to investors:

We don't view preorders in 2013 as comparable to past years given the higher-end iPhone 5s, which is the more likely choice for early adopters, isn't available for pre-order.
    As of right now, the multi-colored iPhone 5C remains available in stock for pre-order through Apple’s online store but the model has largely the same parts as last year’s iPhone 5, lacking the Touch ID fingerprint scanner found in the new iPhone 5S. This could make the smartphone potentially a less attractive option for early adopters. Some observers, according to Huberty presume the iPhone 5C will not appeal to the type of customers who may be inclined to pre-order the latest smartphones.

Customers will be able to get their hands on both the iPhone 5C and the iPhone 5S this Friday, when Apple’s retail stores open at 8:00 AM local time. Evidence is pointing towards the iPhone 5S being in short supply for the launch weekend, potentially due to component constraints but we’ll have to wait and see.

Source: Morgan Stanley Research via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

The 5c isn't to shabby. The reviews say it has some weight to it so it won't feel like the light 5/5s. Also state that the plastic feel doesn't feel cheap.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So I went to my local "authorized" at&t store and reserved a gold 5s 64GB. They told me that stores (at&t) won't carry the 64GB and they would have to order the 64GB on friday. I highly doubt that, just thinking maybe its a small at&t store? Was anybody else able to reserve a 64GB 5s and getting it friday? I don't mind the wait, just hate when ppl b.s. me. They don't know when it will arrive after they order it, does anybody know how fast it ships to an "authorized" at&t store?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
    So I went to my local "authorized" at&t store and reserved a gold 5s 64GB. They told me that stores (at&t) won't carry the 64GB and they would have to order the 64GB on friday. I highly doubt that, just thinking maybe its a small at&t store? Was anybody else able to reserve a 64GB 5s and getting it friday? I don't mind the wait, just hate when ppl b.s. me. They don't know when it will arrive after they order it, does anybody know how fast it ships to an "authorized" at&t store?
    Not ever customer service rep or sales rep knows what their talking about. A couple other reps in the store would probably have different stories.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Not ever customer service rep or sales rep knows what their talking about. A couple other reps in the store would probably have different stories.
    I've read bestbuy will have all the models on Friday. Will they successfully transfer my grandfathered unlimited data plan to the 5s? That's the only reason why I want to go through an AT&T store

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
    I called the AT&T store and they told me they never know for sure what inventory they are getting from apple but they do expect to get the 5s 64gb models along with all the others.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!