Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evernote Made All Shiny and New for iOS 7

Thanks

Default Evernote Made All Shiny and New for iOS 7

Evernote recently updated its essential mobile app for iOS 7, adding a completely redesigned home screen that puts everything in front of you, right away. This includes all of your notes, notebooks, tags, shortcuts and announcements. Thatís not all either though, on the Evernote blog, the developers mentioned the following about the update:

The new iOS 7 is exactly the sort of thing that makes being an app developer so thrilling. Weíve spent months getting to know every minute detail, design and interaction of the new operating system. The experience has been eye-opening, inspiring and freeing. IOS 7 is so new that it allowed us to let go, restart and build in a way that we havenít been able to do in years. The result: a completely, unbelievably, unexpectedly new Evernote.
    The notes section now displays your last two notes for quick access with the Quicknote feature being right on the home screen as well. This lets you start a new note, take a picture, or create a new reminder or task list. Once the note editor opens, youíll be able to start typing right away, as the cursor now goes right to the body of the note. Premium users will be able to markup their images and PDFs within the Evernote app, while free users will get to try the new feature out for 30 days. The Notebook View now combines both personal and business notebooks and will let you subscribe to or get emails for Reminders.

The tag screen has a new look as well with popular tags darkened for easy identification with users. Users will now also be able to share notes via AirDrop, which seems like a great idea as users wonít have to rely on co-workers who forget to check their email. Last but not least, users will be able to sync everything even when Evernote isnít active as the main app.

The company released the following video which showcases the new features in the app:

Evernote has been a go-to app to keep notes connected to the web and synced to all your devices and the recent update has given us even more reasons to use it. The universal app is currently available in the App Store with the update being free to all current users.

Source: Evernote (blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iOS 7 Only apps already appearing...ho hum. I remember when this happened with 6 and I started getting the 'your iOS is not supported' message. So now it's a battle between my apps and my jailbreak. Should I succumb to the lure of the shiny📀new iOS and all its exclusive new app updates, or should I keep my jailbreak?💾 ..................Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Scheuerle View Post
    iOS 7 Only apps already appearing...ho hum. I remember when this happened with 6 and I started getting the 'your iOS is not supported' message. So now it's a battle between my apps and my jailbreak. Should I succumb to the lure of the shiny📀new iOS and all its exclusive new app updates, or should I keep my jailbreak?💾 ..................Opinions?
    I am sticking with my jb

Quote Originally Posted by Scheuerle View Post
    I thought they had a tweak where u can run updated apps on older software.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Wouldn't that be like trying to run a Windows 8 program on Windows 3.1?

That would be great, but might be hard getting it to work from 6 to 7. iOS 7 is a major redesign. Will look into it though, Thanks.

Thanks

No, it's a vanilla feature where Apple will allow you to download the most recent version of an app that support your device.

Example: you are using an iPhone 4. Apple updates iPhoto to iOS 100, and iPhone 4 can't run iOS 100. But it can run iOS 99, and iPhoto used to work on iOS 99. So Apple lets you download the iOS 99 version.

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    No, it's a vanilla feature where Apple will allow you to download the most recent version of an app that support your device.

Example: you are using an iPhone 4. Apple updates iPhoto to iOS 100, and iPhone 4 can't run iOS 100. But it can run iOS 99, and iPhoto used to work on iOS 99. So Apple lets you download the iOS 99 version.
    Got ya. It just happened when I tried downloading the Evernote app. It said it requires the new iOS 7 but I can download the latest one that is compatible with my current software. Pretty sweet their starting to do this.