+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YouTube Announces Offline Viewing Feature which is set to Release in November

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default YouTube Announces Offline Viewing Feature which is set to Release in November

YouTube recently announced that users will soon be able to download videos and watch them offline on their mobile devices. You won’t be able to hold onto the videos forever but YouTube says that users will be able to “add videos to their device to watch for a short period when an Internet connection is unavailable.” For those of you wondering, although some YouTube clients have offered video downloading in the past, the feature was previously against YouTube’s terms and conditions. The rule now seems to have slightly changed for the sake of offline viewing on mobile devices.

According to YouTube’s blog post about the feature:

We’re always exploring ways to bring more viewers to your content. As part of this effort, later this year we’ll launch a new feature on YouTube’s mobile apps that will help you reach fans — even when they’re not connected to the Internet.

This upcoming feature will allow people to add videos to their device to watch for a short period when an Internet connection is unavailable. So your fans’ ability to enjoy your videos no longer has to be interrupted by something as commonplace as a morning commute.
    Those of you excited for the feature should expect to see a new update for it “sometime in November.”

Source: YouTube (blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

It only took 6 years of MXTube and MyTube hahaha! Its about time! Would be much better if you could just download the content and keep it but that won't happen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Still going to use a client once a JailBreak is available for iOS 7. Don't really need it though sooooo, ya.

Thanks
    Or. Maybe iFunbox can be used to move the offline content to a 3rd party player. I've find iFunBox pretty powerful for non JB device. And several App Store apps capable of playing all sorts of video formats. Avi, flv, etc. and since it allows into browse all the app folders , it has to be there.

Thanks

I've had YourTube for so long that these issues are just cloudy memories. I work in education and the wifi where I teach is shocking, so I download clips at home for classroom viewing later. Totally invaluable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet.

Thanks

My YouTube has not worked since the update about a month ago.

Thanks

I'll be sticking with my tube

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    It only took 6 years of MXTube and MyTube hahaha! Its about time! Would be much better if you could just download the content and keep it but that won't happen.
    somebody doesn't understand the phrase, "against terms and conditions"

since when can you download anything from the internet with an iDevice anyway?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How to access youtube from mobile if it is block in some region or place?