+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7.0.1 is Ready for the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple just released iOS 7.0 for the public to download on Wednesday, but it looks like that’s not the only firmware update that’s ready to be downloaded. It would also
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 7.0.1 is Ready for the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C

Apple just released iOS 7.0 for the public to download on Wednesday, but it looks like that’s not the only firmware update that’s ready to be downloaded.

It would also appear that iOS 7.0.1 is also in the queue and will be available for both iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C owners this Friday. As soon as purchasers of the new iPhones open their devices, they will get the software update prompt that the iOS 7.0.1 software update is available to them. The update is not available for older devices.

As 9to5Mac reports, iOS 7.0.1 isn’t a very major update, but instead just fixes some bugs with Touch ID and purchasing content from the App Store. iOS 7.0.1 was one of the newer un-released firmwares that was caught being tested on alongside iOS 7.0.2 and iOS 7.1.

iOS 7.0.1 isn't expected to hinder any jailbreak progress due to the fact that the update is so small, but we will ultimately leave that diagnosis to the evad3rs – the hacking team that is actively looking into the possibility of an iOS 7 jailbreak.

Sources: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-18-2013 at 12:51 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (09-18-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is at it already. Their was a ton of security fixes when iOS 7 dropped.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 09-18-2013 at 01:48 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol I get to activate my phone on friday and already have an update... Nice haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Lol I get to activate my phone on friday and already have an update... Nice haha
    Exactly what I was thinking. Except I was also thinking that with the rumours I might be able to even get one Friday.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The 5c doesn't have touchid though. And wouldn't this be available for the 5?? It's the same as the 5c, internals, except the battery bump.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Move and scale wallpaper don't work on ipad 3, perhaps they should get that working first. All this time testing and Apple still can't get it right!! Move to Samsung For reliability

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    Move and scale wallpaper don't work on ipad 3, perhaps they should get that working first. All this time testing and Apple still can't get it right!! Move to Samsung For reliability
    Mine works! Looks really good, too.