Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hacker ih8sn0w Recommends You Don't Update to iOS 7 if You Want a Jailbreak Now

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post
    If I want to upgrade my JB iPhone and iPad from 6.1.2 to 7, should I uninstall my Cydia tweaks first? Once iOS 7 installs, I can't access them so they will just be wasting lots of space "reported as other" in iTunes.
    NO. I would wait until the IOS 7 jailbreak is out. Then you can install IOS 7 and then jailbreak.
    Keep in mind that any jailbroken apps may not run on IOS 7 if they haven't been updated yet.
    This is always the problem with a major IOS upgrade. However, if you can't wait (and I don't know why you would not wait), you can upgrade to IOS 7 thru Itunes 11.1 and that will erase all your jailbroken apps.

Also Saurik, the creater of Cydia and Winterboard has said that Winterboard may not be available for IOS 7 unless he gets help from the devs who have created themes which run on Winterboard.

I may not ever update to IOS 7. Most of the upgrades have been available for jailbroken devices for years.
    Last edited by thevmax; 09-18-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    talk about the last second advice warning. ios7 released in a minute supposedly.
    Well...it's pretty common knowledge that you don't jailbreak your device - especially on the day the upgrade goes live - if you want a jailbreak. I don't think the warning was really needed...it was just nice of them to point it out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Lot of issues with some cydia tweaks slowed my 4s down until I took a hard look at what I had installed. Ripped out some major tweaks and replaced them with less memory needy ones. First to go was "SBsettings" replaced with "NCsettings". Next to go was "Winterboard" replaced with "Grayscale, iconrotater and a nice wallpaper" before Winterboard was replaced I was rocking the "Neogoth theme with tron icons (which where gray and semi transparent ). By far Winterboard was hardest for me to give up. Axo was replaced with instaLuncher). Definately the easiest switch. Instaluncher also pulls double duty by replacing "Zypher" for me. My phone runs just as fast now if not faster than any other iphone 4s jailbroken or not jailbroken. With that said. I definately will wait to update. Just way to many cool tweaks to name that I would miss. Queck, Check, Safari uploader, torch, video pane, open in app. Universal Video Downloader, lanscape lock, applocker, call bar, YFIselect bluetooth select, swipe nav, airblue, tempus, tapto widgets for notification, quickphoto for keyboard, Octopus...and on and on and on

Agreed to all who say they'll take a pass on 7 for the moment.. iOS7 is cool as hell but its nowhere near a jail broken phone's capabilities.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    NO. I would wait until the IOS 7 jailbreak is out. Then you can install IOS 7 and then jailbreak.
    Keep in mind that any jailbroken apps may not run on IOS 7 if they haven't been updated yet.
    This is always the problem with a major IOS upgrade. However, if you can't wait (and I don't know why you would not wait), you can upgrade to IOS 7 thru Itunes 11.1 and that will erase all your jailbroken apps.

Also Saurik, the creater of Cydia and Winterboard has said that Winterboard may not be available for IOS 7 unless he gets help from the devs who have created themes which run on Winterboard.

I may not ever update to IOS 7. Most of the upgrades have been available for jailbroken devices for years.
    Is jb on the decline? If jb dies out I probably won't be dealing with apple anymore. I think a jb iPhone is the best phone on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Download it from the downloads section and hold the shift key and hit restore and browse to the .ispw file and you should be good. I don't think apple stopped signing 6.1.3/6.1.4 yet
    We would be without a jailbreak for a while right if we upgraded to 6.1.3/6.1.4? Are they advising we do this if we don't want to eventually upgrade to iOS 7? I also am still on 5.1.1. and missed the 6.0 train. Should I upgrade to 6.1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by ishghosh View Post
    We would be without a jailbreak for a while right if we upgraded to 6.1.3/6.1.4? Are they advising we do this if we don't want to eventually upgrade to iOS 7? I also am still on 5.1.1. and missed the 6.0 train. Should I upgrade to 6.1.3?
    If you want to be on 6.. And don't mind waiting for the jailbreak for a little while - then yes. Upgrade before the window closes. If you like your JB on 5.1.1 - then don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Agreed to all who say they'll take a pass on 7 for the moment.. iOS7 is cool as hell but its nowhere near a jail broken phone's capabilities.
    iOS 7 has a blacklist option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    iOS 7 has a blacklist option.
    Yes.. I read that. But that's only 1 tweak of HUNDREDS we use daily - that are just as essential to us - that Apple has NOT addressed in 7

iPhone? More like MyPhone donkeylarry's Avatar
    Thanks

This may be answered previously, but I am still running my 4s on 5.1.1. Is there an update out there to retain my jailbreak to upgrade my IOS or will there be ever?!? If so, what do I or can I do?!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I'm OK with my 6.1.2 JB on iphone 5
    i got the jb on my ipod 5...

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Download it from the downloads section and hold the shift key and hit restore and browse to the .ispw file and you should be good. I don't think apple stopped signing 6.1.3/6.1.4 yet
    thank you for the specific instructions, i was able to switch to 6.1.3 without any problems.

Thanks

Is there a jailbreak for the 4s on IOS 7. Evad3rs.net looks to have a IOS7 evasion jailbreak tool is that real or current

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    Is there a jailbreak for the 4s on IOS 7. Evad3rs.net looks to have a IOS7 evasion jailbreak tool is that real or current
    That site is a cheap fake setup to take advantage of the evaders name. That is not their site. There is no iOS7 jailbreak tool yet.
    The evaders real site is: evasi0n iOS 6.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs
    Their real twitter is: https://twitter.com/evad3rs

Any real information will come from them.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-22-2013)

Thanks

Thank you. That has been probably said 1000 times but thanks for the reminder and the real site.

I wonder how long this will take or any estimate? Just debating if I should just sell my 5 and move on away from apple

Can anyone confirm, is iOS 7 really 1.2 GB? iOS is getting really bloated.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Can anyone confirm, is iOS 7 really 1.2 GB? iOS is getting really bloated.
    Yes, and yes it is.

How long will you wait? Have an iPhone5 with 6.1.4 and thinking I will wait a month then switch (after apple fixes the 20 plus bugs). Just like the idea of getting used to the new IOS structure.

1) if a jailbreak was pending we would see more discussion. Hearing crickets.

2) why no way to downgrade IOS to something that can jailbreak? Did apple really fix that with SHSH codes and remote server forever? Why no discussions ? Plus the new a7 processor locks? If apple can fix that am sure they will fix any jailbreak exploits.

3) likely more and more app developers will switch to other less restrictive platforms. Is jailbreak worth it? I need a mouse for my iPad. But could get that on a cheap MS SURFACE device. Like to run XBMC but that has limited need.

4) can switch and wait ios7 jailbreak in January. If ever.

Bottom line is that for iPhone 4 and iPad 2 it's a good idea. Newer platforms. Not seeing it. Convince otherwise? I can be swayed.

Im hearing two different stories one that 6.1.3 JB is on it's way within weeks.. The other is iOS7 will be jailbreakable will it take a little while yes I imagine.

I upgraded to iOS7 beta 6 just to see now iOS7 doesnt matter to me a jailbroken iPhone does, what should I do run Tinyumbrella and restore back to 6.1.3??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast