+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5S May Be Harder to Find Than Expected

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Happy to know that here in Australia, while we can't pre-order, we can have devices 'allocated' to existing Telstra customers to ensure a 5S on Friday. (Oh hey we even
    My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Happy to know that here in Australia, while we can't pre-order, we can have devices 'allocated' to existing Telstra customers to ensure a 5S on Friday. (Oh hey we even get it the phone before you guys in the States!)
    As of today I am an 'existing Telstra customer' and will be very pleased to wander in to JB HiFi at 9AM Friday to pick up my 64GB black 5S!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Sams club has the 5s @ 7am for business members but only 16GB models. I'm planning on picking up 2 to throw on Craigslist.
    Nice thinking.!
    Last edited by radioBirdman; 09-18-2013 at 04:06 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by underwriter View Post
    Why all these analogies why the iPhone 5s is scarce?
    Apple is simply making it hard to obtain so they'd have an opportunity to sell off at least a reasonable quantity of the crappy iPhone 5c.
    Do you think that iPhone 5c would be sold as much if Apple had made it possible to pre-order iPhone 5s parallel to 5c? I don't think so!
    I believe the 5C would of sold the same amount even if they made them both available at the same time. No one who is waiting for a 5S would say "screw waiting" and buy a 5C. They don't have enough 5S models for a 9 country release so they are playing it safe.

Sams club has the 5s @ 7am for business members but only 16GB models. I'm planning on picking up 2 to throw on Craigslist.
    While you have every right to do this, you make it harder on the rest of us who want one for personal use.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 09-18-2013 at 06:05 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iPhone 5s is for Adam and iPhone 5C is for Eve. no comparison.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,446 Times in 4,289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    While you have every right to do this, you make it harder on the rest of us who want one for personal use.
    Right. And I don't even understand how people get away with this with no blow-back when a phone is locked to a carrier. People only pay the higher eBay/Craigslist prices for UNLOCKED phones. I had an eBay buyer blister me when I had an unlock get relocked. I worked it out and got it unlocked again. But people that "resell" (burn an upgrade) a "CARRIER LOCKED" phone for the higher factory unlocked prices are asking for trouble from buyers - no matter what you say in your description.

Then there's the other aspect - that those of you who've only done pre-ordering in the past - will be awfully surprised to find out Friday --> that when you buy from any store they require activation IN STORE now. You can't walk out with a phone, unactivated still in box. This started with iP5. That will also make line waiting even longer. The only way to get an unactivated phone still in-box is to order online. I've double checked this this am with Best Buy, Walmart, AT&T Store and Apple.. Activation IN STORE only.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-18-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Riiiight. Tell everyone there's a supply shortage to get them to wait in insanely long lines at stores and generate crazy hype to boost sales. Meanwhile I will walk into an Apple store midway through release day and walk out 10 minutes later with one because they will have way more on hand than they are letting on.

Have fun waiting in your lines.
    You are HIGH if you think youll be in an Apple store for 10 minutes and walk out with a 5S..

Thanks
    Thanked 8,446 Times in 4,289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
    You are HIGH if you think youll be in an Apple store for 10 minutes and walk out with a 5S..
    I've walked in at NIGHT on day 1 - and was in and out in about 15 minutes max. The big rush is only early morning. NOW -- the 16GB sell out VERY fast.. So my guess is that by night time - there won't be any 16GB left of any color -- and the 32GB Gold ones will also be sold out. So that's the only rub for the nighttime visit on Day 1.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Between iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and the Xbox One coming out in a couple months, my mind and my money are simply focused elsewhere. Yet before this product cycle I had camped out all night (Black Friday style) outside an Apple Store to pickup the latest and great iPhone on each launch day beginning with the 3G through the 4S. The iPhone 5 I preordered via AT&T and it arrived on launch day. After that convenience I'll never wait in line again! So either I spend $399 to add some features to my iPhone 5 (64GB now so the new one has to be as well) or I can put that money towards the xbox One and a half dozen games in two months. I think I'll go for the Xbox.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

The word is the 5s gold sold out in china in minutes.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Between iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and the Xbox One coming out in a couple months, my mind and my money are simply focused elsewhere. Yet before this product cycle I had camped out all night (Black Friday style) outside an Apple Store to pickup the latest and great iPhone on each launch day beginning with the 3G through the 4S. The iPhone 5 I preordered via AT&T and it arrived on launch day. After that convenience I'll never wait in line again! So either I spend $399 to add some features to my iPhone 5 (64GB now so the new one has to be as well) or I can put that money towards the xbox One and a half dozen games in two months. I think I'll go for the Xbox.
    lol so true!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    If you sell your 5 you will get close to what you payed for the 5s. But I never see the point of ppl getting the S model when they have the non S model of the same number. The upgrade never seems worth it in my opinion.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
    I guess I was high when I did it with the 5, 4S, and 4 as well. It's all marketing. That's all it is. Get some sleep... Your phone will be in stock.

EVO
    Thanks

man I'm gonna be so piss if they didn't have the color and size I want at my Apple store

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Gold is best best best!
    I concur concur concur!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am not upgrading to 5S. I will wait for 6.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Does anyone know if online orders placed first thing tomorrow morning will ship immediately? Trying to decide between the 3 a.m. alarm clock to order online, vs. dragging myself to the AT&T store down the street to get in line.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Does anyone know if online orders placed first thing tomorrow morning will ship immediately? Trying to decide between the 3 a.m. alarm clock to order online, vs. dragging myself to the AT&T store down the street to get in line.
    It'll ship immediately but who knows what timeframe 'immediately' means! LOL! I'd predict, at least a week.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12