+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone 5S Reservations Continue to Deplete Quickly in China

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Unlocked iPhone 5S Reservations Continue to Deplete Quickly in China

Customers in China who are looking to score a launch day reservation for an unlocked iPhone 5S may soon be out of luck. According to one report, Apple has already run out of inventory at all three Beijing Apple Stores with the unlocked 16 GB Space Gray iPhone 5S being the only device up for reservation in Beijing and Hong Kong.

According to Chinese publication, Sina Tech, the gold iPhone 5S and the black iPhone 5S appear to be the most popular models in the country’s capital city respectively, with first day stock running out at the Sanlitun, Xidan Joy City and Wangfujing Apple Stores just two hours after reservations went live on Tuesday, local Beijing time.

It should be noted that only the Beijing Apple Stores were included in the report, though the news sheds some light on Chinese demand for the handset. Both the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C went up for reservations on Tuesday, with in-store pick-ups to commence on September 20.

For those of you who didn’t already know, Apple seems to be conducting Chinese iPhone sales a bit differently this year, requiring customers to text a special phone number to receive a booking code which is then to be entered into an online reservation system. After the step is completed, customers choose a specific device configuration, provide a form of accepted government issued identification and can then complete the purchase in-store at a designated time. Apple’s pick-up reservation system was first instituted with the iPhone 4S to control crowds to help dissuade gray market sales of newly launched products.

Although Apple hasn’t provided iPhone 5C pre-order numbers, market watchers expect new deals with Japan’s NTT DoCoMo and an anticipated agreement with China Mobile to drive an additional 35 million unit sales in 2014.

We’ll have to wait and see how things turn out.

Source: Sina Tech via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the only reason Apple seems to be doing well overseas right now, is because they have these new agreements with these cell phone companies. I doubt this success will be the same in the US.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

So let me get this right... you can pre-order/reserve a 5S in China but you cannot in the USA?

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    So let me get this right... you can pre-order/reserve a 5S in China but you cannot in the USA?
    There is a lot happening in the Asian markets. In Japan you can get the 5s essentially free on a contract after discounts.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh I understand that, but I work for a living and cannot take off time to wait in lines for a damn phone. I would of had to gotten in line last week until the 20th. Not gonna happen. I was hoping to get my new phone prior to a going out of town for about a half a month.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,590 Times in 3,871 Posts

Oh I understand that, but I work for a living and cannot take off time to wait in lines for a damn phone. I would of had to gotten in line last week until the 20th. Not gonna happen. I was hoping to get my new phone prior to a going out of town for about a half a month.
    Just go at night after work. No lines. Done it several times.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    i just ordered an iphone 5 so i'll have a phone till friday. guess i'll use the 5 as an ipod

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a feeling that if you walk in after work you will grab one.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,595 Times in 660 Posts

It all makes sense now. They sent a great inventory of 5S's to them to pre-order and make them happy. While we get to wait not able to pre-order do to lack of inventory because it went to China! LOL Just speculating of course.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They make them...they get them first.

Thanks

WTF- mate, where's my Pre-order?