+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rockstar Releases Grand Theft Auto V iFruit Companion App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Rockstar Releases Grand Theft Auto V iFruit Companion App

Today marks the release of a game that has been much anticipated by those in the gaming industry as well as just gamers themselves: Grand Theft Auto V. The fifth installment in the popular GTA series looks impressive from every angle and has received great reviews from just about every major publication and site. Rockstar recently released a companion app for GTA V called “iFruit” to aid gamers by adding several useful features to the app such as the ability to customize in-game vehicles. The App Store description reads the following:

You can even create and reserve custom license plates for both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online – order your personalized plates before they’re gone!

Also choose from paint jobs, window tints, smoke colors, wheels, hoods and spoilers. Upgrade your engine, brakes, exhaust, suspension, and accessorize with new lights, horns, tires and body armor. Place your order on-the-go and find it waiting for you in the garage the next time you play Grand Theft Auto V, or send your order in while playing and get a call from your local mechanic to swing by.
    Another element found in the app is a virtual pet named “Chop the Dog.” Chop belongs to one of the main characters in GTA V named Franklin and taking care of him properly on your iOS device will allow users to reap in-game benefits.

For those of you who aren’t too familiar with the game, it is one of the most detailed and expansive open-world games made to date. It’s expected by many experts and analysts to be one of the most successful console releases of all time. You can watch a video of one of the more popular trailers for the game below:

The game is in a number of retail outlets across the globe for $59.99 with the companion app being made available for the iPhone and iPad for free in the App Store.

Source: Touch Arcade, iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

F-I-R-S-T
    Go'head and hate...

Lololol....Its the little things man

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

Im still playing and I bought it at 12am!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish they would release these types of games for the mobile platforms, that would be a dream come true.

Banned
    Thanks

Its ok but its missing lots. When you go to mod your car this app only has 5 of things where the game has many more. Horns for example there are about 10 different horns but the app only has 5.
    And things like tures, there are heaps of wheels and lots of options for wheels but the app has 2.
    And I've tried the app about 5 times and so far its not remembering anything I have to log in and confirm everything each time.
    They had years to make the game thats probably why there is no 0-day update and the app looks like it was made in the last week. Its rushed and could use a lot more testing. I'd say its a pre-beta stage its that buggy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the idea. I don't like GTA as much as I did back at III but I'll get this (after it's 30$ new). Haha. I'm cheap and don't play them for story anyway so I'm not paying story price just to play it once or twice.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't log into the app. Is it crowded due to first day.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

The app is f'd was able to log on shortly but it didnt work as it should have ..
    Hopefully it works properly sooner then later