+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases its First iPhone 5C Commercial

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Releases its First iPhone 5C Commercial

Apple recently released its first iPhone 5C television advertisement which was first shown off at its iPhone media event last week. The ad highlights the device’s plastic shell in the variety of vibrant colors it is offered in. The ad, which is titled “Plastic Perfected,” is a bit of a departure from the most recent iPhone ads in that it focuses solely on the product, a style still used with the iPod lineup.

The ad which is set to the Sleigh Bells’ hit track “Rill Rill” shows an iPhone 5C “built up” with liquefied plastic which is seemingly poured into an invisible mold, hammering home that the phone is made of polycarbonate. Unlike the iPhone 5 commercials, which were powerful and contemplative, the iPhone 5C spot is all about the phone. Specifically, it’s all about one feature of the phone: the plastic shell.

The commercial comes to an end with a flat back iOS 7 Apple logo and the text “Coming Soon.”

Those of you interested in watching the commercial can do so below:

There isn’t much to say about the ad aside from how different it is from Apple’s typical direction with iPhone marketing. It can be assumed that the company is looking to target a different demographic with the iPhone 5C ad, which has more of a “fun” feel to it. Apple has yet to create a commercial for the iPhone 5S, though there have been some snippets of its functionality found on YouTube.

Source: Apple (YouTube)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

Karlanthonyuk (09-17-2013)

Thanks

I really want to test one of these 5C iPhones. I want to know how it feels compared to say a plastic Android phone. It doesn't "look" cheap to me as for design. Just wondering how it stacks up against other plastic phones..

Thanks

Excuse me... But is this commercial about a phone or about plastic??? Cause I only see the actual phone on the last second...

This is interesting... Before, lot's of people said that Samsung phones looked cheap and bad quality because the back as made of... Yes, you guessed it, plastic! iPhone is beautiful, glass back then the 5 came, still amazing...

Now, the big difference now is not that one is plastic and other is glass/other, but who has the best plastic! Amazing!!! :-)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Git at work ordered one of these. I'm gonna check it out and see if i really want one or not.

Thanks

It's an iPhone 5 on ios7

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im not sure if i want the iphone 5c but i mean for the price you cant go wrong right? commercial looks good!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Reminds me of the old iMac G3 "Colors" commercial!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I really want to test one of these 5C iPhones. I want to know how it feels compared to say a plastic Android phone. It doesn't "look" cheap to me as for design. Just wondering how it stacks up against other plastic phones..
    Same here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have iPhone 5 and I don't want to upgrade it to 5c. I will wait to iPhone 6.