+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Seeks to 'One Up' Its Mobile Rivals

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
News surfaced on Monday that the nation's third largest wireless carrier is poised to roll out its own early phone upgrade program. Similar to programs offered by AT&T, Verizon, and
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Sprint Seeks to 'One Up' Its Mobile Rivals

News surfaced on Monday that the nation's third largest wireless carrier is poised to roll out its own early phone upgrade program.

Similar to programs offered by AT&T, Verizon, and even T-Mobile, Sprint's mobile upgrade program may be available in time for Apple's iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C launch this coming weekend.

Sprint's upgrade program, which is expected to be called "One Up," may allow customers to pay for their smartphones - or tablets - through an approved payment plan (likely monthly installments). An annual upgrade would also be permissible with a device trade-in.

CNET's sources indicate that Sprint's One Up will be formally unveiled September 20th.

Sprint is the last of the national carriers to offer such a program, after T-Mobile kick-started the trend in July with its own Jump program. Shortly after AT&T launched NEXT, and Verizon introduced Edge. The moves underscore the increasingly competitive nature of the business, with each player looking to mimic its rivals.
    For now, Sprint is staying mum on the matter.

Source: CNET

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I want the iPhone 5S and the only reason I'd stay is if I didn't have to pay upfront like I will when I jump to T-Mobile so this would be smart for them as I'm probably among the many who will do the same given the low cost for T-Mobile plans.

Does anyone less find it funny that there is a constant Galaxy S4 ad at the bottom on this site for the last few weeks? Unless it's just me?
    Last edited by REMED1AL; 09-16-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    Sprint needs too upgrade there service as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urkel782 View Post
    Sprint service is perfect here in H-Town!

Thanks

So, would existing customer's be eligible for this.?

Thanks

None of the companies are in fear of going bankrupt any time soon. They can afford to "hook it up" a little bit. Take advantage if it looks worth it. ^^HA..yes i've noted the same thing. Samsung must be paying some big bucks to lure iOS users from an iOS forum to Android.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Big time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by REMED1AL View Post
    Does anyone less find it funny that there is a constant Galaxy S4 ad at the bottom on this site for the last few weeks? Unless it's just me?
    There's ads on mmi? Oh yeah, I forgot... I paid to upgrade and have no ads on here... But, if I could see the S4 ad on here I would find it extremely funny...

I'm thinking of giving up my unlimited data plan with Verizon so that my girl and I can use our upgrades and pay the subsidized price... If we want to keep our unlimited data we can't use our upgrades to get a good deal, we gotta buy em at full price...
    We are each going to get a 5s, I'm going with the 64 gig for $399 instead of the $849 outright price and for the girl a 16 gig for $199 as opposed to the $649 outright price... The carriers should keep on trying to one up each other so we get better deals and options in the long run...
    Last edited by Sage I; 09-17-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Only reason I'd stay with Sprint is if they fixed their atrociously slow data speeds. I plan on jumping ship ASAP.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yes!! Sprint's 3G data plan is a joke. What's the point of it being unlimited if you can't use it, that is why as soon as my contract is up this coming December, I will go with at&t's pay as you go plan for $60/month which gives you unlimited everything plus 2GB data plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They are it is called Network Vision