Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AAPL Falls on No iPhone 5C Preorder News from Apple

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default AAPL Falls on No iPhone 5C Preorder News from Apple

Despite reports out of the far east this morning that China Unicom has seen 100,000 iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S reservations in China since preorders commenced in time for the weekend, no news at home is definitely bad news for Apple on Wall Street.

As MMi readers are well aware, Apple has a penchant for parading out reservation stats after a new mobile device becomes available for preorder. But as of early afternoon Monday, Apple is yet to tout any impressive details.

For the first time since the 2009 introduction of the iPhone 3GS, Apple appears to be keeping quiet on just how many devices it presold in the first 24 hours. In the past, the company has published the first-day figures in an early-morning press release on the Monday following the Friday start of sales.
    That is causing reason for concern on Wall Street today and investors are punishing Apple. Shares of AAPL are down another $10 today at $455 on a lack of news from Apple.

Of course, Apple could still make an announcement today, but it is unlikely.

Source: CNET

Meh, I don't think anyone was expecting huge sales numbers anyway after the price announcement. They were already hit for the price point. This is kinda like hitting them again for the same reason.

seriously! who in the right mind want to buy the plastic color candy 5c when for a $100 more you can have the awesome 5s. It would have made more sense if they sold the 5c for $299 with no contract and free with contract.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swifty7 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    seriously! who in the right mind want to buy the plastic color candy 5c when for a $100 more you can have the awesome 5s. It would have made more sense if they sold the 5c for $299 with no contract and free with contract.
    I'd have to agree this would have made more sense. milking that 4S goodness and scraping the 5? Sounds backwards to me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlos6438 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-16-2013), vazzana (09-17-2013)

Lol, Apple will not be touting any impressive details. Why would the public go crazy for a colorful downgraded version of the iPhone 5? The 5C is not cheap neither, this phone needs to be free with a two-year contract. Apple was better off leaving the 4S as a free phone, and given us the 5S in two different flavors. iPhone 5S in 4" & 5S in a 5" display. They need to give people what they want already, obviously Samsung and Microsoft are listening to the public. As I stated many times before, incremental upgrades don't work anymore. Tim Cook is destroying this company.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-16-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Lol, Apple will not be touting any impressive details. Why would the public go crazy for a colorful downgraded version of the iPhone 5? As I stated many times before, incremental upgrades don't work anymore. Tim Cook is destroying this company.
    Ya nothing to get excited about selling so many plastic colored iPhone's. Prob be a different story tho this Friday when the 5S goes on sale They have been doing incremental upgrades even when Steve was there. This isn't anything new since Tim took over.

Thanks

Nwts!

I wasn't expecting stellar sales numbers or announcements. It's really no more exciting than if they were to announce the iPhone 5 dropping to $99 when the iPhone 5S is announced.

Let's not forget the 5C is a plastic 5, with guts consisting of year-old specs.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    1000% Agree. Even if $400. But $550? Seriously?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iPhone 5 for 99 bucks, I'd do it immediately. I could have gotten a 5 last December but opted for a 4S, which actually cost more. But I'm not unhappy with it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're doing it wrong Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Lol, Apple will not be touting any impressive details. Why would the public go crazy for a colorful downgraded version of the iPhone 5? The 5C is not cheap neither, this phone needs to be free with a two-year contract. Apple was better off leaving the 4S as a free phone, and given us the 5S in two different flavors. iPhone 5S in 4" & 5S in a 5" display. They need to give people what they want already, obviously Samsung and Microsoft are listening to the public. As I stated many times before, incremental upgrades don't work anymore. Tim Cook is destroying this company.
    Well first of all, every upgrade is incremental by definition. If not it would be an entirely new product. It's just a matter of degree of difference whether you consider it a good or back upgrade. Personally, I think doubling the speed and power of the device, adding a new dedicated processor, a much better camera, and additional, convenient security feature is plenty of upgrade for me.

It's as much as most other popular phone upgrades you see out there. Look at the other leader/Samsung. Strip away their signature very minor screen size bump and the gimmicky software add-ons that can really be applied to older models if they wanted to be generous, and you're left with similar bumps in hardware.

Maybe you're one of those types hung up on appearance only though.

Maybe there waiting for this up coming weekend to release the results along with the results for the 5s?? not really sure but if there not I wasn't surprised to read this cause I was already wondering why preorders for the 5c haven't either sold out or why no extreme 1month wait on shipping dates have been announced like previous years.

Steve Jobs would not approve. I know, I saw his movie. Not once in the movie was he like, "I want you to add cheaper parts to old hardware this time and milk it for all it's worth."

Another part of the film "Jobs" that was enlightening was when they built a "budget" computer, but the CEO's decided to "Price it out of the market." I wasn't aware of this tactic, but it turns out that CEO's (suits) get scared that they'll lose money in the long run, so they'll intentionally and artificially raise the price of the product so no one will buy it, that way they can end that product line, take a slight stock hit as opposed to a large one later on, and start on a new line of products, seemingly so they can minimize cost and maximize revenue the next time around. Where does the consumer fit into this, you ask? Hahaha, yeah right - like they care about that.

They could have easily made a 16gb iPhone 5c free with a two year contract - Japan knows this, at least. $99.00 down is $4 a month. Just make it free and charge a tiny bit more a month - why not?

The whole business of cellphones bothers me to no end. Carriers will charge 100% more for a product with double the RAM when the RAM only costs $20 more to manufacture. It's insane. And how the same amount of money will buy us hundreds of gigabytes of data on a land-line but on a cell phone it only gets us 500mb. Consumers are getting raped - that's the only way to slice it. We're all naive aborigines fighting over shiny trinkets and baubles.

Then they have us fighting over which phone is better and the phone makers LOVE IT. As long as we're fighting over which one is better we're NOT fighting over the price. You think these giant corporations aren't aware of the impact of social marketing? Samsung and Apple know exactly what people are saying and they're out there on the same forums you're on, whispering into your ear and making you choose sides. As long as we fight, they win.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Well first of all, every upgrade is incremental by definition. If not it would be an entirely new product. It's just a matter of degree of difference whether you consider it a good or back upgrade. Personally, I think doubling the speed and power of the device, adding a new dedicated processor, a much better camera, and additional, convenient security feature is plenty of upgrade for me.

It's as much as most other popular phone upgrades you see out there. Look at the other leader/Samsung. Strip away their signature very minor screen size bump and the gimmicky software add-ons that can really be applied to older models if they wanted to be generous, and you're left with similar bumps in hardware.

First of all, the average iPhone user is already happy with the specs. They don't care for a 64-bit CPU or a finger print scanner. Go search the web, most people want a larger display and better battery. If the makes me one of those types who is hung up on appearance only, then so be it. Stop living under a rock and go look at the numbers, they don't lie.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    You're doing it wrong Apple!
    Really??? I think Apple would tell you different with Apple having about 140+ Billion sitting in the bank. LOL

Apple stock is greatly inflated. This may be the move to burst their bubble. 5c really?

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Tim Cook is beginning to make John Scully look good....scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Really??? I think Apple would tell you different with Apple having about 140+ Billion sitting in the bank. LOL
    +1

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post

- very minor screen size bump? from 720p to 1080p is not minor neither is 306ppi to 441ppi

- from dual and quad core to quad and octa core

NONE of the S3 or S4's features are gimmicks unless you have an iPhone that cant even add attachments to an email or multitask.

and what was apple's reason for withholding siri from the iPhone ? oh, right--to get you to run out and buy the 4S.

the 5S' shinny new processor is a gimmick as you have but one app out of 900,000 that takes advantage of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast