Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AAPL Falls on No iPhone 5C Preorder News from Apple

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    - very minor screen size bump? from 720p to 1080p is not minor neither is 306ppi to 441ppi

- from dual and quad core to quad and octa core

NONE of the S3 or S4's features are gimmicks unless you have an iPhone that cant even add attachments to an email or multitask.

and what was apple's reason for withholding siri from the iPhone ? oh, right--to get you to run out and buy the 4S.

the 5S' shinny new processor is a gimmick as you have but one app out of 900,000 that takes advantage of it.
    saving my upgrade till next years model my I phone 5 with a ios 7 on Wednesday will do just fine till then.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Rogers had a one day sale, C49.00 for iphone 5 16gb with a 3 years contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    Apple stock is greatly inflated. This may be the move to burst their bubble. 5c really?
    Why is it inflated? Do you have any special insight? Considering Apple has $100/sh in excess cash and FCF of ~$40/sh in the last year alone. They are in line to generate another $40/sh this year.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Really??? I think Apple would tell you different with Apple having about 140+ Billion sitting in the bank. LOL
    That doesn't mean they can't make mistakes. They're going the wrong direction and its starting to show.
    Last edited by RICO_; 09-17-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    First of all, the average iPhone user is already happy with the specs. They don't care for a 64-bit CPU or a finger print scanner. Go search the web, most people want a larger display and better battery. If the makes me one of those types who is hung up on appearance only, then so be it. Stop living under a rock and go look at the numbers, they don't lie.
    Not the most people kid... for me a plasma TV is for the wall not for my pocket. The people don't realize how CUTE they look with a NOTE Galaxy hanging on their belts... reminds me the first motorola beepers back in the days.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

I know I will be beat up for this post but I feel I have earned the right to tell it like it is.

I have been a die hard apple fan since the first iPhone but even before that as I owned apple computers when i was a kid. All of my friends have made fun of me for years because in my eyes they always did the right thing so I bought every device they came out with. Not just for me but for my wife and kids too. I have spent thousands upon thousands on apple products. That all changed last year. I was really unimpressed with the iPhone 5. I didn't get that feeling of excitement like all the other devices. I know the screen got "longer" but for me there was no real wow factor. I said after that keynote that the next one better blow me away. And the truth is they did it again. The only thing they offered is a fingerprint sensor and a faster processor. Nothing significant IMO. They even took the iPhone 5 and made it look cheap. I am taking a break from apple and I never in a million years thought I would say this but this year im going to try an andriod Note 3. I feel like crap because im not just leaving a device but an ecosystem that I am really comfortable with. I have hundreds spent in apps that I will no longer be able to use on my phone. However the fact remains that there are things that I will not go another year without. Mainly a bigger screen, NFC, battery life, and increased storage. I hope this is not the end of my apple relationship but for now - Apple I'm braking up with you

+1 I feel exactly the same. Though I have a complete Apple infrastructure and iOS7 feels quite nice, a bigger screen should be there. After more than 10 years with iTunes and stuff I will buy me a xiaomi MI3 next month. aluminum body, top specs for 400 US Let's see how this will turn out and when I will take back my i5... :/

For all those that are "leaving the apple ecosystem", please note that your android phones will work with iCloud and Apple TV. I have an S4 active and all is good. There's apps to help you with both. And to get your iTunes music through the cloud to your android, download google music manager in your Mac or PC and google music on your android. All will be synced!!

Quote Originally Posted by zerocool5878 View Post
    I hope this is not the end of my apple relationship but for now - Apple I'm braking up with you
    You are making a mistake, you will come back to iOS in no time. I purchased a Galaxy S4 this year because I liked their hardware vs. iPhone, 14 days later I returned it to BestBuy. Even on Androids flagship phone the system seemed slow and sluggish at times. For example, Safari on iOS would load webpages a lot faster than on the S4's browser. Remember, that on the iPhone the hardware and software are designed by the same company and optimized to work better. After some time I just found too many little annoyances with android.

I would've waited till iPhone 6 to be wowed. The "S" series has always been minor upgrades. Nothing new there.

I hope people take the 5C for what it is, a 5 "wrapped in plastic" and don't even bother to look at it. Like what's with all the candy colors, like stated, just pay the $100 extra and get the scanner and better hardware, and if you still want to look like your talking into a wonka bar, then go buy a cover for it. I am not an Apple basher, I have a 5, wife has a 5, daughter a 5, other daughter a 3gs, Apple build products that just work. But this time, they are so off the mark. Hopefully after the 5C fails dismally they may finally see what people really want, a top of the line phone with 4.5 - 5" screen, and a budget phone, that is not priced out of the budget phone buyers league. If the 5C was supposed to counter the Android, WP8 offensive, then Apple better get ready to take some heavy casualties in this battle, and plan better if they expect to win the war.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha! You all make me laugh... They are already sold out of their advance stock of iPhone 5cs. So... The people griping on these forums are obviously NOT Apple's target customers. It's still an amazingly well built, quality product. I can't wait for someone to buy one here so I can play with it!
    I'll wait for the 6, when my upgrade is due. Then I will hopefully buy a 128 gb!

Quote Originally Posted by vikrants View Post
    For all those that are "leaving the apple ecosystem", please note that your android phones will work with iCloud and Apple TV. I have an S4 active and all is good. There's apps to help you with both. And to get your iTunes music through the cloud to your android, download google music manager in your Mac or PC and google music on your android. All will be synced!!
    TOP! Thanks for the tip and help ...was a bit curious if it all will go well but good to know that some users have no problems by syncing stuff from Apple to Android ...you really gave me confidence with that comment - thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

- very minor screen size bump? from 720p to 1080p is not minor neither is 306ppi to 441ppi

- from dual and quad core to quad and octa core

NONE of the S3 or S4's features are gimmicks unless you have an iPhone that cant even add attachments to an email or multitask.

and what was apple's reason for withholding siri from the iPhone ? oh, right--to get you to run out and buy the 4S.

the 5S' shinny new processor is a gimmick as you have but one app out of 900,000 that takes advantage of it.
    S4 gimmicks=

pause screen when look away
    Scroll page with eyes
    Wave hand over phone to do who knows what

That's 3 gimmicks off the top of my head. Had an S4 and tried all of those features once then never again. Everyone has gimmicks. All a part of marketing. You seem to have bought into samsungs hook, line and sinker.

Multiple core processors and die size have a lot to do with battery life, heat dissipation, as well as speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12