+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Already Testing iOS 7.0.1, 7.0.2, and 7.1 Ahead of the iOS 7.0 Release

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple is set to release iOS 7.0 this Wednesday , September 18th. The iOS 7 golden master is already out to developers so they can get their applications ready. Interestingly,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Already Testing iOS 7.0.1, 7.0.2, and 7.1 Ahead of the iOS 7.0 Release

Apple is set to release iOS 7.0 this Wednesday, September 18th. The iOS 7 golden master is already out to developers so they can get their applications ready.

Interestingly, even though iOS 7.0 has not even been released yet, traffic is being spotted on the Internet from iOS 7.0.1, iOS 7.0.2, and iOS 7.1 devices, as our friends at 9to5Mac report.

These updated versions of iOS 7 are interesting. It’s unknown what kinds of security fixes, stability fixes, or new features Apple may be planning with these software updates. We know that the evad3rs are working with iOS 7 golden master to see what’s doable, but these updates may hinder progress. Thankfully, pod2g doesn't think a jailbreak will be released any time soon, so we have some time to see what these updates will bring to the table and whether or not the evad3rs' exploits will work on them.

As more information surfaces on these software updates, we will be sure to let everyone know.

Sources: 9to5Mac

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Even so they always do this. I'm assuming Evad3rs will wait for 7.1 before launching anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PokemonDesigner For This Useful Post:

James Inderson (09-16-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple probably left some "obvious" holes in 7.0 and "figured them out" for 7.1. (IE 7 will be jailbreakable but 7.1 won't) .... 7.01 and 7.02 probably represent basic updates and fixes to the crap the forgot for the 7.0 launch. I say obvious, but I really mean very difficult...
    It's obvious to the people who invented and wrote the code, but difficult when you're a programmer trying to backward engineer your way through thousands upon thousands of lines of someone else's crap code.

Apple seems to secretly love the jailbreak community - it's where some of their greatest "original" ideas come from!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ohthatguyagain For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (09-15-2013), Feanor64 (09-15-2013), James Inderson (09-16-2013), kosher1 (09-16-2013), Silverado1987 (09-16-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    Apple probably left some "obvious" holes in 7.0 and "figured them out" for 7.1. (IE 7 will be jailbreakable but 7.1 won't) .... 7.01 and 7.02 probably represent basic updates and fixes to the crap the forgot for the 7.0 launch. I say obvious, but I really mean very difficult...
    It's obvious to the people who invented and wrote the code, but difficult when you're a programmer trying to backward engineer your way through thousands upon thousands of lines of someone else's crap code.

Apple seems to secretly love the jailbreak community - it's where some of their greatest "original" ideas come from!
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

http://m.cnet.com/news/jonathan-ive-.../20124720?ds=1

They are all thieves!

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed. For those who call iPhone users "iSheep," I tell them not to confuse them with us, the wolves in sheep's clothing...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I hope JAILBREAKing Team is ready for this, i really want to see a jailbreak on ios 7 ASAP

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ashu.sharma161 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-16-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think what it means is they want to stay on schedule with the 7.0 release - nothing to do with counter-JB'ing measures. They can't know what exploits JB devs have and this paranoia is misplaced.
    You might almost have predicted the ceding of one/several updates in such fast succession on the heels of an overhaul on the scale of 7.0.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneThereforeIAm For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    I think what it means is they want to stay on schedule with the 7.0 release - nothing to do with counter-JB'ing measures. They can't know what exploits JB devs have and this paranoia is misplaced.
    You might almost have predicted the ceding of one/several updates in such fast succession on the heels of an overhaul on the scale of 7.0.
    +1
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well hopefully one of them re-enables Keychain

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Of course they are. Anything to delay a jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashu.sharma161 View Post
    I hope JAILBREAKing Team is ready for this, i really want to see a jailbreak on ios 7 ASAP
    Me too....Ashu.

Thanks

They have already been working on a few different ones for months. I too hope one is available on the official release of iOS 7.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not surprised to hear they are working on 7.0.x. I have GM installed and had my phone randomly reboot while trying to send a MMS yesterday.

Banned
    Thanks

Now try and tell me IOS is better than Android. YOU CANT.
    IOS7 isn't even released to the public yet and they are already working on a fix (IOS 7.0.1) then they are working on a fix for that (IOS 7.0.2) then more fixes and maybe an extra feature (IOS 7.1) so HOW can you tell me IOS is better?
    Pathetic. its worse than releasing beta games and having 0-day updates to fix the bugs and make it final.

IOS7 is nice but its still got lots of bugs. I think they should wait till IOS7.1 before releasing a jailbreak to keep the exploit till then. If they jailbreak now they will loose an exploit for 7.1.
    I wont update till the next jailbreak but I would like to see IOS7 on the iPad3 but as Apple are so lame and refuse to give the iPad3 features the iPad4 is getting I dont really care about it anymore. Apple suck, pity their devices are pretty good. I always said the iPhone and iPad would be the best devices ever and everyone would own one if Apple didn't make it.
    If you let Samsung make the OS for the iPhone it would be the number one device and everyone would want one. Maybe not Samsung but you know what I mean. Apple might make ok devices even if they are behind by about 3 years they still ruin it by refusing to give it features it can clearly have (Siri on iPhone4, that new share feature to iPad3, SMS/MMS support to iPads).

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Guessing here, but I would gamble a jailbreak for io7 is more likely sooner than later. With all the radical changes coupled with the idea of it being something new, it's bound to have holes and bugs like the first run of anything new. Besides what's-his-name isn't working for Apple anymore...Keeping my fingers crossed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah they better fix the battery draining extremely fast!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

You said it. I actually think they are able to produce software that is non- jailbreakable if you will, but leave just enough open to get genius ideas from the jailbreak world. So who really is reverse- engineering Inadvertent way for apple to get the employees that will never work for them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Yeah they better fix the battery draining extremely fast!!!
    My battery has been much better on the GM vs Beta 6

Green Apple
    Thanks

As much as I'm liking the look of iOS 7, I'm not updating until a jailbreak is released. There are simply too many tweaks I've gotten over the years to justify downgrading to stock iOS, even if iOS 7 implements many previously jailbreak-only features.

I understand Apple's delicate position regarding the matter, but they need to acknowledge the fact that many brilliant ideas for improving iOS come out of the jailbreaking community. It really is as simple as letting the user install anything but for some reason this is impossible for Apple to do. If they do manage to close all loopholes and a jailbreak isn't possible, they'll pay the price. All future versions of iOS would probably look the same.